It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 6:36 am

Official PCW ideas and suggestions thread

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Official PCW ideas and suggestions thread

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 11, '13, 8:16 pm

You can always PM the mods, but if you have any ideas about how to improve PCW and want to share them with the class, this is the place to do it!

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Official PCW ideas and suggestions thread

Postby HardcoreLegend » Oct 15, '13, 4:45 pm

One of the things that got me about WCSF was the "no reference to WWE" rule. I understand it spurred people on to be more creative with their characters, segments, move sets, matches, etc. But sometimes I think taking inspiration from another source can be good for online Feds.

I remember hearing that online Feds had been closed down due to too much referencing when I first started looking into WCSF, but I've been a part of other Feds that do more than just reference, who are still going strong to date! My point being, if someone wants to state that their moveset is more like Chris Benoit than John Cena, is it really an issue?

Also, a suggestion would be a "Character Representation"... Basically an image of what their character looks like (based on ShaneOfans recent post). I know when I'm writing, I visualise what's going on and if we had a face to go with a character, it may not be a bad thing. That also works its way into what I said about referencing the current wrestling product. If someone's wants to say their character looks like Brodus Clay, or even a random celebrity, does it really matter?

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 50

Postby Daz » Oct 15, '13, 4:52 pm

HardcoreLegend wrote:One of the things that got me about WCSF was the "no reference to WWE" rule. I understand it spurred people on to be more creative with their characters, segments, move sets, matches, etc. But sometimes I think taking inspiration from another source can be good for online Feds.

I remember hearing that online Feds had been closed down due to too much referencing when I first started looking into WCSF, but I've been a part of other Feds that do more than just reference, who are still going strong to date! My point being, if someone wants to state that their moveset is more like Chris Benoit than John Cena, is it really an issue?

Also, a suggestion would be a "Character Representation"... Basically an image of what their character looks like (based on ShaneOfans recent post). I know when I'm writing, I visualise what's going on and if we had a face to go with a character, it may not be a bad thing. That also works its way into what I said about referencing the current wrestling product. If someone's wants to say their character looks like Brodus Clay, or even a random celebrity, does it really matter?

Was that ever a hard and fast rule? I remember plenty of threads and discussion topics comparing WCSF characters to WWE counterparts. Mainly cause Daz was compared to John Cena ... which I found mildly baffling, but still. I don't remember ever being told not to do it.

In fact I chose not to myself more often than not simply because my characters are their own things, I'm not basing them on anyone in particular. In thank, it pissed me off when people did try to shoe box them into being one thing. I can't remember who it was but when T.C first showed up, someone wrote their entrance complete with MNM fur coats.

I remember there was the whole trading card thing for a while as well, where images of wrestlers and other sources were used.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby HardcoreLegend » Oct 15, '13, 5:03 pm

Daz wrote:Was that ever a hard and fast rule? I remember plenty of threads and discussion topics comparing WCSF characters to WWE counterparts. Mainly cause Daz was compared to John Cena ... which I found mildly baffling, but still. I don't remember ever being told not to do it.

In fact I chose not to myself more often than not simply because my characters are their own things, I'm not basing them on anyone in particular. In thank, it pissed me off when people did try to shoe box them into being one thing. I can't remember who it was but when T.C first showed up, someone wrote their entrance complete with MNM fur coats.

I remember there was the whole trading card thing for a while as well, where images of wrestlers and other sources were used.

I think it may have been more of a forum rule than a WCSF rule.

As I was writing just there, it did cross my mind that some people would obviously prefer not to be typecast as a specific wrestler, but then I realised that a lot of my character of Natalie Marie was based on Natalya Neidhart and I wouldn't have minded being able to have acknowledged that every once in a while.

As for that trading card deal, I remember choosing an image of Kelly Clarkson for Natalie Marie and someone clearly stating I had chosen a celebrity rep, which wasn't acceptable. DA still made the card for me, so it wasn't really an issue :P

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby Daz » Oct 15, '13, 5:10 pm

HardcoreLegend wrote:
Daz wrote:Was that ever a hard and fast rule? I remember plenty of threads and discussion topics comparing WCSF characters to WWE counterparts. Mainly cause Daz was compared to John Cena ... which I found mildly baffling, but still. I don't remember ever being told not to do it.

I think it may have been more of a forum rule than a WCSF rule.

As I was writing just there, it did cross my mind that some people would obviously prefer not to be typecast as a specific wrestler, but then I realised that a lot of my character of Natalie Marie was based on Natalya Neidhart and I wouldn't have minded being able to have acknowledged that every once in a while.

As for that trading card deal, I remember choosing an image of Kelly Clarkson for Natalie Marie and someone clearly stating I had chosen a celebrity rep, which wasn't acceptable. DA still made the card for me, so it wasn't really an issue :P

if it was a wwe-club forum rule ... then wow ... oxymoronic to the nth degree.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby HardcoreLegend » Oct 15, '13, 5:36 pm

I'm sure someone will be able to clarify the exact ruling, but there was something about fed/forums being closed down for referencing the WWE... Something I never understood.

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby Everlong » Oct 15, '13, 9:40 pm

HardcoreLegend wrote:I'm sure someone will be able to clarify the exact ruling, but there was something about fed/forums being closed down for referencing the WWE... Something I never understood.

Yeah, Bryan was super paranoid about that kind of stuff. In hindsight, I think it was just him trying to convince us to not do a sim fed at all. I think he got tired of the old one and used that as an excuse to get rid of it, then thought maybe he'd be able to convince us into not doing a new one at all by making it difficult on us.

He basically always hated the WCSF so that wouldn't surprise me.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Oct 15, '13, 11:18 pm

Yeah, I got the impression he hated the WCSF. He was constantly causing problems for us and whenever a problem arose, he was quick to wade in and effectively tells us to pack up shop and move on. But then I remember the dispute with the mods and talk of migrating to our own board, which he was pretty quick to try and stop. I remember there being talk of copyright infringement ... yeah, because you own a character I created, based on my likeness, that I have written every bloody word for to which you contributed nothing but the platform in which I post it on. Tool.

Last edited by Daz on Oct 16, '13, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Ali » Oct 16, '13, 10:04 am

I wasn't around much for the major disputes, but when I even suggested re-opening WCSF, he was so quick to shoot it down for any number of imaginary reasons. I've always tried to stay out of forum politics, but the beginning of PCW was an eye-opener to just how much of an ass he really was.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 21, '13, 11:08 am

Yeah, I don't have a problem with cussing or mentioning WWE or TNA in promos. Unless copyright issues are involved of course, but for right now nobody can find this forum anyway, so they can't get us.

If I have any ideas for the fed I'll just jot them down in this thread so people can take a look:

When I send out the segments in the future, I'll include a number for each segment. Then I'll make a post with all the segment numbers and put a :) next to all segments that have been turned in. That way, people can keep track of what's in and what isn't.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 21, '13, 11:31 am

Ali wrote:I wasn't around much for the major disputes, but when I even suggested re-opening WCSF, he was so quick to shoot it down for any number of imaginary reasons. I've always tried to stay out of forum politics, but the beginning of PCW was an eye-opener to just how much of an ass he really was.

Yeah it was he wanted nothing to do with it. It was taking up his precious unused board space.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 13, '13, 1:56 pm

Just a random thought, but... should the interviewer's name be Inter Viewman?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 13, '13, 3:16 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Just a random thought, but... should the interviewer's name be Inter Viewman?

No Mike Massey.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Buck » Dec 22, '13, 4:42 pm

PCW needs more cowbell.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)