It is currently: May 11, '24, 10:48 am

Who is the greatest wrestler to never wrestle for WWE?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who is the greatest wrestler to never wrestle for WWE?

Postby PorkChop » Sep 07, '16, 2:07 pm

I remember this question being asked a few years ago and the general consensus was Sting. Go back to the mid-2000's and many people would argue it was Daniel Bryan. I'm sure @Vaderbomb even threw Fergal Devitt's name somewhere into the conversation at some point (I could be wrong). In recent years though, all of these guys have competed inside a WWE ring.

So, who is now the greatest wrestler to never compete for WWE?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Who is the greatest wrestler to never wrestle for WWE?

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 09, '16, 7:52 am

Mitsuharu Misawa (only wrestled a cross promotion AJPW/WWF Dome show against Bret Hart in the early 90s), Toshiaki Kawada, Kenta Kobashi, Jun Akiyama, The Great Muta, Jumbo Tsuruta, The Midnight Express, Naomichi Marufuji, Manami Toyota (greatest female wrestler of all time), Riki Choshu and Hiroshi Tanahashi. Also, some super "old school" legends such as El Santo, Gorgeous George, Rikidozan, Stu Hart and Blue Demon never worked for a McMahon.

Jack Brisco only had one shot at at WWF Tag Team Championships in the early 80s, Nick Bockwinkel only wrestled one AWA/WWF cross promotional match against Backlund in 1979.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Sep 09, '16, 4:49 pm

The majority of the great Japanese wrestlers haven't wrestled for WWE. You could say the same for the great luchadors of the world. So it's kinda hard to narrow this down to just one person.

Sting always seemed like a good answer because he was biggest star in Western wrestling who had never wrestled for the WWE. He was never the biggest star worldwide who had never wrestled for the WWE, and certainly not the best in-ring performer who had never wrestled for the WWE.

Vader gave some good names above, but I think this question is too broad for me to come up with one answer, even if I'm just going based on my own personal opinion. There's some eras of wrestling I'm just less familiar with and territories I haven't seen anything from.

However, we have reached an era now where most of the biggest wrestling stars in the world wrestle for WWE at one point or another - with the likes of Nakamura, Ibushi and even Liger having wrestled for the WWE over the last year. So if I was to say who the best active wrestler is who has never worked for WWE, I'd probably say Tanahashi or Christopher Daniels.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Twister » Sep 09, '16, 5:01 pm

Rockstar Spud obviously :D

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby DBSoT » Sep 09, '16, 9:05 pm

Prince Puma/Ricochet. Someday I imagine this will change.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 09, '16, 9:36 pm

Now that a lot of the previous picks like Sting and Styles are in WWE, it's harder to narrow it down. I'll give a shout to Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal, and Chris Benoit.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE