It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:48 pm

Legendary tag team to return on SmackDown next week!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Postby Messiah » Aug 27, '16, 12:20 pm

THE HEADBANGERS

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/27/ ... -next-week

I had no idea these guys were still wrestling. The Headbangers in 2016 is going to look weird as heck.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Legendary tag team to return on SmackDown next week!

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 27, '16, 1:25 pm

:o

Are we sure they aren't just working? I remember them trash talking some teams a couple years ago trying to get themselves back in.

These guys are going to get no pop at all, they were barely over in 1997. What a bizarre choice. Why not the Godwinns while they're at it?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Aug 27, '16, 1:57 pm

Is it sad that my first reaction was: Wow I'm surprised both of those guys are still alive, let alone wrestling?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Aug 28, '16, 4:46 am

I don't really get why WWE are interested in bringing some of these guys back. The rumour was that they started panicking after the brand split was announced due to the lack of roster depth and started contacting a bunch of old stars to see if they'd come back. And that these people would mostly be used to get the younger stars over.

That's all well and good when the talent you're bringing back is the likes of Shelton Benjamin, who has a certain name value and star power, and is renowned as a good worker. But the Head Bangers? Jinder Mahal? They're not very good and they have no name value. Nobody is going to watch the show because they're on it, nobody is going to like the show because they're on it. Basically WWE have just hired some very expensive jobbers. It'd be easier to just hire a random nobody who's never been on the show before. They'd be just as over and cost half as much.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 28, '16, 7:41 am

Hanley! wrote:I don't really get why WWE are interested in bringing some of these guys back. The rumour was that they started panicking after the brand split was announced due to the lack of roster depth and started contacting a bunch of old stars to see if they'd come back. And that these people would mostly be used to get the younger stars over.

That's all well and good when the talent you're bringing back is the likes of Shelton Benjamin, who has a certain name value and star power, and is renowned as a good worker. But the Head Bangers? Jinder Mahal? They're not very good and they have no name value. Nobody is going to watch the show because they're on it, nobody is going to like the show because they're on it. Basically WWE have just hired some very expensive jobbers. It'd be easier to just hire a random nobody who's never been on the show before. They'd be just as over and cost half as much.

Like Curt Hawkins on Smackdown. They're hyping him up with video packages, which I guess is good because there's a lot of fans who probably don't even know he was around the first time because he did nothing. Even I barely remember anything he did.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Sep 01, '16, 10:59 am

So these guys lost their first match back and managed to bust open both of their opponents in the process.

Somehow I don't think their WWE future is all that bright.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 01, '16, 12:05 pm

Hanley! wrote:So these guys lost their first match back and managed to bust open both of their opponents in the process.

:lol

I was going to say the same thing, busting both your opponents open in a 5 minute match isn't a great start!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Sep 01, '16, 12:53 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Hanley! wrote:So these guys lost their first match back and managed to bust open both of their opponents in the process.

:lol

I was going to say the same thing, busting both your opponents open in a 5 minute match isn't a great start!
This was a one off situation anyway. Something for Slater and Rhyno to do, so they didn't beat one of the other current tag teams. With that said, I thought the Headbangers did a fine enough job. The match was never going to be a classic, but considering those guys have been out of the WWE for 15+ years, they were relatively crisp. The bleeding was an accident. When Mosh (or Thrasher, IDK) hit Rhyno on the apron it caught his head a bit. It wasn't a horrible botch. They did their jobs (pun intended).

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 06, '16, 9:22 pm

I got my hopes up for The Dicks.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE