It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:36 am

[SPOILERS] WWE: Hell In A Cell - 2013 - Card - Results

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

[SPOILERS] WWE: Hell In A Cell - 2013 - Card - Results

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 5:54 pm

[center]Image

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
HELL IN A CELL
Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton

With Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee

WINNER AND NEW WWE CHAMPION: RANDY ORTON

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs John Cena

WINNER AND NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: JOHN CENA

HANDICAP HELL IN A CELL MATCH
CM Punk vs Ryback & Paul Heyman

WINNER: CM PUNK

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Brie Bella vs AJ Lee (c)

WINNER AND STILL DIVAS CHAMPION: AJ LEE

TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH FOR THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Uso's vs Cody Rhodes and Goldust (c) vs The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)

WINNERS AND STILL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: CODY RHODES AND GOLDUST

The Real Americans (w/Zeb Colter) vs Los Matadores (w/ El Torito)

WINNERS: LOS MATADORES

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Dean Ambrose (c) vs Big E Langston

WINNER: BIG E LANGSTON VIA COUNTOUT SO STILL UNITED STATES CHAMPION: DEAN AMBROSE

PRE-SHOW
Damien Sandow vs Kofi Kingston

WINNER: DAMIEN SANDOW

So Hell in A Cell has been and gone, what do you think of the results? Discuss below![/center]

Last edited by Enygma on Oct 28, '13, 5:53 am, edited 7 times in total.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Re: WWE: Hell In A Cell - 2013 - Card - Discussion Thread

Postby JDD » Oct 09, '13, 6:55 pm

First off, that has to be one of the worst posters ever :lol

Also i predict Orton winning the HIAC match. Maybe Michaels screws Bryan. As for the WHc match, the only way Cena should win is if Sandow cashes in right after. Actually, the matchshould end with Sandow cashing in no matter who wins.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby Hanley! » Oct 10, '13, 1:10 pm

That they're running Orton v Bryan for a third (or technically fourth) time in a row and expecting people to want to pay for it shows me how badly they've mismanaged this angle. People were interested in a well built up angle between the two of them, possibly ending with Bryan winning the title at Wrestlemania. And they've completely blown their load as usual and created very little of note in the process.

Hell in a Cell is just a stupid idea for a pay per view though. Not only should Hell in a Cell match be stored for big moments and final matches in epic grudge feuds, but even with them knowing exactly when the pay per view is taking place every year, I don't think they have once been prepared for it. They've never had a feud going at the time that really felt like it needed or deserved a Hell in a Cell match. Which is a little disappointing to say the least.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Oct 10, '13, 1:39 pm

I said this on Monday, but it bares repeating. I do not want to see Bryan vs Orton again for a while. Move Bryan onto a feud with HHH, Big Show, or Ryback and move Orton to a feud with Big Show, CM Punk, or Cena. It was nice to see HHH get knocked out and lose his cool a little on Raw. It was the first time he showed weakness in this angle and it needed to happen because if no one gets under the authority figures skin then everyone they faces him looks weak by comparison.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Tom » Oct 10, '13, 2:07 pm

Hanley! wrote:That they're running Orton v Bryan for a third (or technically fourth) time in a row and expecting people to want to pay for it shows me how badly they've mismanaged this angle. People were interested in a well built up angle between the two of them, possibly ending with Bryan winning the title at Wrestlemania. And they've completely blown their load as usual and created very little of note in the process.

Hell in a Cell is just a stupid idea for a pay per view though. Not only should Hell in a Cell match be stored for big moments and final matches in epic grudge feuds, but even with them knowing exactly when the pay per view is taking place every year, I don't think they have once been prepared for it. They've never had a feud going at the time that really felt like it needed or deserved a Hell in a Cell match. Which is a little disappointing to say the least.

Yeah, I agree with everything said here. The last two title matches ended in controversy as well. With Shawn as the special referee, I am expecting this one to end under dubious circumstances also and I don't think that will go down too well either. We have, technically, been without a WWE Champion for around a month now. That will be even longer come Hell in a Cell. It just goes to show how WWE have turned what initially was an intriguing angle into one that is confusing and dragged out.

I agree about the concept also. WWE never really have built a really personal feud going into the event and that has really effected the stipuation. I think it has even gotten to stage where the concept is just as appealing as any other pay per view outside of the big four, even for fans who were initially excited when the HIAC PPV concept was first introduced!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby InLaFamilia » Oct 10, '13, 3:40 pm

I love the poster. Truth needs to go heel with some sort of Reverend Devon type persona :lol

InLaFamilia None specified
Mark
Mark

Topics: 1

Postby PremiumChaos » Oct 11, '13, 9:22 pm

^^ I agree Reverened Truth would be an awesome gimmick.

About the PPV. I can't say I'm disapointed in Orton vs. Bryan. They are both great wrestlers and have put on consistantly good matches. Not to mention this is Bryan's first time in a Hell in a Cell match which should be interesting. The storyline really needs to come to an end or atleast the Orton-Bryan chapter. If there is another tarnished finish I won't be happy.

Del Rio vs. Cena I am not excited for. I am just over Cena. The only good that could possibly come out of this is Cena winning the title and making it more prestigious until Sandow cashes in. Which unlike most, I hope is not at Hell in a Cell. Sandow needs to be built up more, he doesn't seem like a champion atm.

PremiumChaos None specified
Mark
Mark

Topics: 4

Postby Viazon » Oct 14, '13, 8:05 pm

So, for the second year running, CM Punk meets Ryback in a Hell in a Cell match. This time with Heyman involved.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Kyle » Oct 15, '13, 7:27 pm

Orton is going to win the title until WrestleMania.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Hanley! » Oct 16, '13, 12:07 pm

Viazon wrote:So, for the second year running, CM Punk meets Ryback in a Hell in a Cell match. This time with Heyman involved.

I actually watched the first match. It was the first WWE match that I had seen in 6 months - because I just came across it on Sky Sports while flicking through channels at my parent's house. It was really, really boring. Why they want to do that for a second year in a row is beyond me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 16, '13, 9:30 pm

I don't think HBK will screw Daniel Bryan. It just seems to obvious. Also, I'm happy they decided to have two matches inside HIAC, unlike last year. It's good that one of them isn't the WHC match, so it makes it easier for Sandow to cash in.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 17, '13, 5:26 pm

I'm partially intrigued to see Michaels involvement in the WWE title match, but I'm pretty fed up of Orton/Bryan at this point. And I'm totally against Cena, so i could't give a crap about the World Title match.

So yeah....not looking good so far.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby prophet » Oct 17, '13, 5:34 pm

Yeah I won't be watching unless it's free again like the last one was. Not a good card so far and I agree that they've ruined so many things recently that had potential it's really sad. I can't see Bryan winning over Orton again and they've really screwed us out of that feel good moment when Bryan finally captures the gold like what happened at Summerslam. I can't see them keeping Bryan in the main event for much longer.

The only thing I'm interested in right now is Cody and Goldust so I'll see what's planned for them first but I can't see me buying this.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 18, '13, 4:18 pm

R-Truth just seems so random on the poster. I hope they have some plans for a heel turn and/ or gimmick change. I really enjoyed heel Truth when he came out dressed as a confederate soldier, and when he got okey-doked by Little Jimmy at Capital Punishment. "Don't what me!" was pretty funny, too. I will not be paying for this PPV either. Haven't paid a penny for one in over 5 years. The only one I would not have been upset buying this year was Summer Slam. Best PPV this year by far, and in a long time. I don't see HIAC beating it out. If Sandow cashes in on Cena my rating will go up a few points for that alone, as it did when DB won, and HHH helped Orton become champ . Really,that's all I'm looking forward to besides the Punk match and the Rhodes brothers in action.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 23, '13, 10:23 am

I have to see my baby boy in his first HIAC match, so I'll be ordering. I'm going to be genuinely upset if HBK turns corporate and screws Bryan.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Oct 24, '13, 10:20 am

Question, what does it say about a PPV where I can make the argument that the divas match is the most fresh and most interesting angle that they have on the card? Seriously, I'm at the point where I don't care what the resolution between Bryan and Orton is, just that they come to one, because the angle has become extremely competitive. ADR vs Cena makes no sense from a story point, just from a business point that they wanted a big name to go against Del Rio. The WHC is truly lost at this point and the division is wasted. Punk vs Heyman has become painfully tedious at this point. Just let Punk get his revenge and move on to a more meaningful feud already.

The only three matches that really have me intrigued at this point are the divas, because AJ is awesome and Brie is pretty interesting right now in the angles she's running. The Intercontinental title match because I'm intrigued in how Langston will respond in this spot and his potential as a champion to get a push. Then there's the tag title match which really intrigues me because of how good the Rhodes brothers have been recently. They have really become the stars of the authority angle and it's good tv. I also like that they've made this a triple threat to make the match more interesting and give it much more depth. I just hope they don't lose the belts.

Add in the fact that they don't have a place for a lot of big names yet: Ziggler, Sandow, Cesaro, Bray. It just feels like a whole bunch of guys have dropped off the face of the earth without any reason.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 24, '13, 8:35 pm

I have to say that the Punk angle sounds pretty bad. I haven't seen that much of it, but it's been going for ages and is based on a tough wrestler wanting to beat the crap out of a non-wrestler. After a while, it just starts to make Punk look like a heel. Plus as good as Heyman might be, having guys like Ryback and Hennig carrying so much of the weight in the matches is going to bring things down after a while too. They're just not on Punk's level.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Oct 25, '13, 6:10 am

Hanley! wrote:I have to say that the Punk angle sounds pretty bad. I haven't seen that much of it, but it's been going for ages and is based on a tough wrestler wanting to beat the crap out of a non-wrestler. After a while, it just starts to make Punk look like a heel. Plus as good as Heyman might be, having guys like Ryback and Hennig carrying so much of the weight in the matches is going to bring things down after a while too. They're just not on Punk's level.

I think them not being on Punk's level is part of the problem and what WWE is attempting to accomplish. They are trying to use this angle to get Ryback and Axel over as much as possible before Punk finally gets his revenge. And I get that on some level, but I just don't think the payoff for the fans is really good enough to make them wait this long. Hell this angle started at the peak of Summer with before MITB. Now I can look out my window today and see snow on the ground. That's a long time.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Enygma » Oct 27, '13, 3:13 pm

Curtis Axel has injured himself, so the Intercontinental match between him and Big E Langston is off.

EDIT: The new pre-show match is Damien Sandow vs Kofi Kingston

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Postby Hanley! » Oct 27, '13, 7:39 pm

The Legend wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I have to say that the Punk angle sounds pretty bad. I haven't seen that much of it, but it's been going for ages and is based on a tough wrestler wanting to beat the crap out of a non-wrestler. After a while, it just starts to make Punk look like a heel. Plus as good as Heyman might be, having guys like Ryback and Hennig carrying so much of the weight in the matches is going to bring things down after a while too. They're just not on Punk's level.

I think them not being on Punk's level is part of the problem and what WWE is attempting to accomplish. They are trying to use this angle to get Ryback and Axel over as much as possible before Punk finally gets his revenge. And I get that on some level, but I just don't think the payoff for the fans is really good enough to make them wait this long. Hell this angle started at the peak of Summer with before MITB. Now I can look out my window today and see snow on the ground. That's a long time.

Yeah, it's just that they're so far below Punk's level that working with him doesn't get them over - it just exposes them as lower talent. It's too obvious that they're just place holders for Heyman and Lesnar. Axel would have to get some wins over some lower or midcard talent before I could possibly be interested in seeing him face Punk.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Next

Return to WWE