It is currently: May 02, '24, 12:39 pm

Kevin Owens is one of the best heels ever

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Kevin Owens is one of the best heels ever

Postby Messiah » May 01, '16, 6:42 pm

Seriously, he is a natural. I love him. That match was AMAZING and then everything after, damn he is so good.

It's a travesty if he never main events a WrestleMania. He's golden. Probably the most natural heel in WWE since Evolution era HHH. I can't ever picture him as a babyface. Looks like we are getting an Owens/Cesaro (since I'd be shocked if Miz beat Cesaro) for the IC title feud.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Kevin Owens is one of the best heels ever

Postby Hanley! » May 01, '16, 7:16 pm

Agreed. Phenomenal performance by Owens in both the Zayn match and the Cesaro/Miz match. I really hope that they continue a strong push with him because they could do with some new top heels and he's the obvious choice by far. On this show, Owens eclipsed any performance from Wrestlemania already.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » May 02, '16, 7:51 am

In theory he's a great heel yeah, with his actions and what not. But how great of a heel can you really be when you get a large portion of the crowd cheering you?

Owens sometimes is a little too cartoonish as well to me, with the "headlock master" stuff and his trash talk to the announcers. I feel like he's trying to be entertaining more so than being a good heel. Which is fine, I like being entertained, but should heels be trying to make you laugh?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » May 02, '16, 9:27 am

Str8Shooter wrote:In theory he's a great heel yeah, with his actions and what not. But how great of a heel can you really be when you get a large portion of the crowd cheering you?

Owens had Chicago, probably the smarkiest crowd around, drowning him with boos by the end of his promo. Especially after he slapped Zayn and threw him out of the ring.

I can understand that criticism back in 2004, but nowadays its hard to hold it against a heel for getting cheered and Owens still finds a way to make sure he's booed for the most part.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby Circled Square » May 02, '16, 10:13 am

>fat manlet who needs to take a shower, hit the weights and get a clue is a top heel

He gets cheered by r/MLP every time I watch Raw. I think he's too much of a mark in the ring with the headlock master shit. He needs to learn how to get booed in 2016. I don't want to die whenever he's on the screen so I'm glad he's in a feud...but he isn't a top heel..

I saw how he got booed at Payback but he was going against the ultimate babyface so...

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Circled Square » May 02, '16, 10:14 am

I'd honestly say the top heel right now is based Miz. He's the only one who works smarks and anti smarks.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby prophet » May 02, '16, 3:19 pm

Circled Square wrote:I'd honestly say the top heel right now is based Miz. He's the only one who works smarks and anti smarks.

Yup

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » May 02, '16, 3:31 pm

Owens gets some cheers because he's so good, but he knows how to get heat when he needs to, which is the important thing these days. If you put Owens against a good babyface, he knows how to get the fans to root for the babyface, even if they don't actually hate him. If Owens is fighting Sami Zayn, even if the fans are chanting for some of Owens's stuff, you know that they're going to get behind Zayn as the match goes on.

Circled Square wrote:I'd honestly say the top heel right now is based Miz. He's the only one who works smarks and anti smarks.

The Miz is a really, really good low level heel wrestler. His character doesn't fit that of a top heel, he's not credible as a top heel and he just doesn't really work as a top heel. That's nothing against him as a performer. He's a very good performer that plays his role better than most on the roster. He's just found his niche. And it's at the bottom of the card.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » May 02, '16, 3:45 pm

Miz could have been a top heel if he wasn't booked in a who gives a fuck match against Lawler lol. I'm getting off topic.

Miz is at the bottom of the card and draws more heat than heels at the top of he card. So he is the best heel in the company IMO. I'm not sold on K.O yet because he's drawing heat when he is against the ultimate babyface. Though I do like his mannerisms and the way he tries to be a heel. It's hard to be a heel today when the crowd is full of le ironic memesters who cheer indy guys.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Return to WWE