It is currently: May 15, '24, 11:50 pm

Shane or Steph?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Shane or Steph?

Postby Circled Square » Apr 25, '16, 10:48 pm

Nobody has a bad word about Shane. He proved himself in the ring and got over, and from what I've read he is a highly regarded boss and puts the good guys over irl and in the ring. OH yeah he did what his dad never could - make multiple media companies profitable. I bet that fucks Vinces shit up inside lmao.

Stephanie has consistently shown to not understand the business, she always clashes with those who better understand the business and inevitably gets them fired. People seem to be scared of them, and regard her as a shit boss. Looking at how she books raw she seems like female bischoff - somebody who had one good idea and rode it into the ground. She, along with the 20+ writers in the writers room, are killing the compny in many ways but I'm ranting

Steph is a great heel though.

Who is the better McMahon and which one would do better if they ruled the company?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Shane or Steph?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 26, '16, 6:44 am

It depends on if this is kayfabe or legit.

Kayfabe shane would be a better choice, he is fresh to the fans and its nice to not have a heel authority figure for a change. They are having him do what the IWC has been bitching about for years with new talent, fresh matches and so on.

Reality, steph/HHH is a better choice for the company, they know how things need to get done behind the scenes and with partnerships, talent development ect...

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 26, '16, 8:24 am

Yeah in reality or on the show are two different animals.

In kayfabe, right now Shane is easily the best choice. I'm not saying having Shane as GM is going to drastically alter the course of Raw because it's still written by the same people. But having a neutral GM who isn't scheming to screw over the faces is a breath of fresh air on television. Unfortunately I think they're so used to having the heel authority figure that they'll likely end up doing that again soon enough anyway.

In reality I don't think we really know enough of what goes on behind the scenes to know if Shane is any good at running a wrestling company. Even Stephanie for that matter, obviously she is head of creative which isn't always good, but ultimately as long as Vince is in charge he has final say on everything.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 26, '16, 8:34 am

Str8Shooter wrote:In reality I don't think we really know enough of what goes on behind the scenes to know if Shane is any good at running a wrestling company. Even Stephanie for that matter, obviously she is head of creative which isn't always good, but ultimately as long as Vince is in charge he has final say on everything.

Steph hasn't been head of creative for a while now, she's not even on the team as far as I know. From what I've heard about back in the day there's a reason Shane was mainly an on-screen guy. I haven't heard specifics but supposedly his ideas were garbage. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Apr 26, '16, 11:34 am

In terms of backstage, reports that I've heard kicked around tended to say that Stephanie was the greater creative mind of the two and that Shane's ideas generally sucked. Not saying that Stephanie's ideas were great either, mind you. But she hasn't been working in creative for some time now, so it really doesn't matter when you think about it. As to which of them would be better at actually running the business side of the company, we have no way of knowing.

It's worth mentioning that Shane's solo ventures haven't been a massive success. His big project was a company attempting to get pay per view off the ground in China. The company apparently lost a lot of money, and Shane eventually stepped down as CEO though I believe he's still involved in the company. I'm not saying Shane was at fault for the company's losses - just that he's less proven in business than his sister.

As for which one of them I'd like to see running the company on screen and in storylines ... well that's a bit like asking me if I'd rather be kicked in the face or shot in the face. It's an easy decision, but I'm still not too psyched about making it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 26, '16, 1:31 pm

Shane is more likable and his matches are cool. On the other hand, Stephanie has boobs. Overall I pick Shane.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE