It is currently: May 08, '24, 9:23 am

Favourite Hell in a Cell match in WWE history?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Favourite Hell in a Cell match in WWE history?

Postby prophet » Oct 11, '13, 1:50 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
prophet wrote:
Hanley! wrote:Edge v Undertaker was awesome too - as was their feud in general. Though I wasn't a huge fan of the ladders being used so heavily. I could see the purpose for it, given Edge's strengths in ladder matches, but the two gimmicks are a bit at odds. It was a cool match with a very nice build, but it wouldn't be my very favourite.

Plus I thought their match at Wrestlemania was the best they had (also the best match Undertaker has had at Wrestlemania ... come at me bro).

What say we revive the debate league momentarily? HHH/Taker 3 was by far the best match Taker ever had at 'Mania!

The first HBK/Taker was Taker's best Mania match, come on now :P

You're 100% right :lol

Completely forgot about his matches with HBK - was stuck in Hell in a Cell mode!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 11, '13, 2:25 pm

I thought HBK/Taker at WM 25 was the better match as well. Edge/Taker was great but it started a bit slow and the false finishes weren't nearly as good as the ones in the HBK/Taker match.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '13, 5:36 pm

The false finishes were way better in the Edge match in my mind, because there weren't as many of them. I just hate the current trend that exists in all big face versus face matches, where both guys keep kicking out of the others finisher just to make them both look epic. Instead it just makes the finishers look weak and takes away from the psychology of the match. I thought there was one great false finish in the Edge match where it really seemed like Edge could win, and that was enough for me.

I just don't see the big deal with Undertaker v Michaels at WM25 though. It was good, but it wasn't spectacular by any means. It was far from the best match those two guys even had together (just watch how I bring this back on topic), as the best match they had by far was their Hell in a Cell match back in 1997.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kyle » Oct 11, '13, 8:27 pm

HHH vs HBK at Bad Blood 2004 was very memorable and forgotten.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 11, '13, 8:30 pm

Have to go with the 6 man HIAC so much carnage

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 11, '13, 8:31 pm

Kyle wrote:HHH vs HBK at Bad Blood 2004 was very memorable and forgotten.

wat

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Kyle » Oct 11, '13, 8:39 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Kyle wrote:HHH vs HBK at Bad Blood 2004 was very memorable and forgotten.

wat

Well I mean it was a great match but it's rarely mentioned among the best HIAC matches.

With Taker/Mankind, it's amazing because Foley wasn't supposed to go through the roof on the chokeslam.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 13, '13, 7:49 am

prophet wrote:
Hanley! wrote:Edge v Undertaker was awesome too - as was their feud in general. Though I wasn't a huge fan of the ladders being used so heavily. I could see the purpose for it, given Edge's strengths in ladder matches, but the two gimmicks are a bit at odds. It was a cool match with a very nice build, but it wouldn't be my very favourite.

Plus I thought their match at Wrestlemania was the best they had (also the best match Undertaker has had at Wrestlemania ... come at me bro).

What say we revive the debate league momentarily? HHH/Taker 3 was by far the best match Taker ever had at 'Mania!

No way! Undertaker vs Shawm Michaels at WrestleMania 25 was the best match Undertaker ever had at WrestleMania. Hell....I'd put that somewhere in the front of best match of all time.

Yeah...i went there!

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Previous

Return to WWE