It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:40 pm

What happened at the Hall of Fame?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What happened at the Hall of Fame?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 03, '16, 10:47 am

I can see nobody talking about this, usually there's some kind of story from the Hall of Fame show. If only chatter about how good someone's speech was.

Did any of you watch this? Was it any good? Did anything happen?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: What happened at the Hall of Fame?

Postby The Legend » Apr 03, '16, 11:10 am

I've watched most of it, albeit a little out of order.

The first induction was for Godfather, which if I'm being honest my favorite part of the whole show was the APA inducting him and their speech. They were a lot of fun. His speech was good too.

Stan Hansen came next, I haven't seen his speech yet or the person that inducted him.

Ditto with Jacqueline or the Dudley speech inducting her.

Next was the New Day introducing the Free Birds, it was typical New Day schtick. Only two of the four Freebirds are still alive and Michael Hayes is one of them. I typically find Hayes detestable and there was a whole lot of him on the show. It was cool when the sons of the two deceased members came out and talked on behalf of their father.

Next was Big Bossman. I forget who inducted him, but then his daughters came out and it was mildly uncomfortable. You could tell they weren't exactly loving being there.

Next was John Cena inducting Snoop Dogg and Snoop Dogg's speech, eh. It was whatever, the crowd gave Cena a hard time.

The second to last speech was Joan Lunden winning the Warrior Award which Warrior's wife gave to her. I didn't listen to much of this speech, opting to mute and turn the sound on the final four games instead.

Last was Flair coming out to induct Sting and Sting's speech. Flair was all over the place with his speech, but Sting was good. It just wasn't anything earth shattering or new. The crowd a couple times chanted one more match and Undertaker at him, but at the end he officially announced his full retirement from wrestling, but I think everyone knew it was coming.

Honestly, it was less interesting than in most years.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '16, 1:53 pm

It was one of the strangest Hall of Fames ever. Freebirds speech is a must watch for the intro and outro and some terrific Terry Gordy stories.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 03, '16, 3:43 pm

I checked most of it out, it was a typical Hall of Fame, in the sense that it was a LOT of talking and it was probably an hour longer than it should be. I think it went over 3 and a half hours.

I enjoyed Stan Hansen's speech quite a bit, he seemed very happy to be there and grateful. He put over a lot of his opponents and kinda just seemed like anybody's grandpa up there. Vader's induction was nice if a little long, talked about the time his eye popped out in their match and he thought the lights in the Tokyo Dome went out.

Godfather, Jackie, and the Bossman's family's speeches were all quite short. I'm not sure any of theirs went over 5 minutes. Not much of note in them. Bossman's daughter seemed a little nervous speaking up there.

New Day was funny inducting the Freebirds. Watching Hayes and Garvin run out dancing and gas themselves was hilarious. Both guys tell good stories that are good for a laugh about Gordy and Roberts, including a story about bikers in a bar getting pissed and chasing Gordy and Hayes out of a bar and shooting at them, to which Gordy laughed, "why are you laughing?" says Hayes... "they missed" retorts Gordy. Definitely the most "entertaining" speech. They brought out Kevin Von Erich who gave a nice little speech, including hilariously slipping up and calling the New Day Guys, the "New Gay Guys" which got laughs which he didn't understand lol.

Cena gave a nice induction of Snoop, doing an excellent lawyer defense of why he belongs in there. Snoop gave a nice little speech putting over WWE and his cousin Sasha.

Joan Lunden received the Warrior Award for surviving breast cancer. Dana Warrior is a very good speaker, but she sounds like WWE kidnapped her and brainwashed her with the amount of putting over of the company she does. Lunden clearly gives speeches a lot as she was well spoken. This whole award is very clearly PR bullshit though at this point.

Flair was Flair, a bit rambly but still entertaining nonetheless. Sting gave a very good speech about his career. A funny story about Nash spooning him when both were selling in a match. Mentioned all his incarnations, from surfer Sting to Crow Sting, and then he said "should I mention Joker Sting", which got laughs. He then retired officially after getting "one more match", and "Undertaker" chants. He grabbed his bat and left.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Apr 03, '16, 3:45 pm

I didn't think it was that good. None of the speeches were particularly memorable. I really liked Hansen's and Sting's was good, but like Legend said, wasn't anything new. I thought him saying, "should I mention Joker Sting?" was funny as heck.

I liked Vader's speech too.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby prophet » Apr 03, '16, 4:32 pm

I actually enjoyed the ceremony a lot more this year than previous years. The inductors were good, the speech's weren't over-long bar Hayes but even then I was enjoying the stories, everyone seemed really happy and appreciative to be there and Sting's reluctant retirement was an emotional watch.

Really enjoyed Snoop Dogg's speech; one of the better celebrity speech's we're likely to ever see. He wasn't his usual gimmicky self (bar one or two little things) and he seemed genuinely emotional when talking about Sasha.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Messiah » Apr 03, '16, 4:34 pm

Yea, Snoop's was good. You can tell he legitimately loves the WWE.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to WWE