It is currently: May 01, '24, 6:52 pm

How would you have all the major stars return?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How would you have all the major stars return?

Postby Messiah » Mar 16, '16, 12:02 pm

It was reported that Neville will miss only 2-3 months (still is really unfortunate for him but it isn't the worst-case scenario, no surgery), it put him in line with a lot of other guys who are set to return around the same time:

Randy Orton, John Cena, Cesaro, Seth Rollins

If you were the WWE, how would you have them all return? Neville might just get thrown back on TV in a random match, potentially the same with Cesaro, but Cena, Orton, and Rollins will definitely play a big role upon their returns.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: How would you have all the major stars return?

Postby Circled Square » Mar 16, '16, 12:26 pm

I'd have Orton come back and attack Lesnar. Go back to being the legend killer for a little bit.

Cesaro, I have no idea lol. I'd say have a babyface get the shit kicked out of him, only for Cesaro to make a random save out of nowhere.

Cena can do whatever he wants. I doubt he will be in the midcard when he comes back but at the same time I'm not sure if I see him in the main event either.

Seth should return just like Triple H in 2002. Big pop, badass entrance, make sure to have him return in a city that's full of IWC dudes. He should feud with a heel Reigns.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DBSoT » Mar 16, '16, 12:58 pm

Orton - Come back around Summerslam and take out Heyman. Leading to a Lesnar vs Orton match.

Cesaro - Ideally Reigns would be heel at this point and Cesaro could return as one of his challengers. Realistically, he will return as a heel and challenge new champ Sami Zayn. Would lead to some awesome matches.

Cena - Honestly, no idea. Most times I would say he gets put into the main event, but WWE is hell bent on Reigns replacing him long term. I would have him return as the guy who Reigns can't quite beat. Go months with Cena going over and not ready to release his spot on the card. This would lead to Reigns beating him at WM and Cena turning heel from the feeling that he was overtaken. If they are going to push Reigns then do it right.

Rollins - Rollins return would be best if Ambrose or Reigns are heels, but again I don't see it. So Rollins feuds with HHH becuase he feels that HHH tried to replace him. I would do this mostly on Smackdown as the main attraction after a brand split where HHH and Stephanie control SD and Shane has Raw.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Mar 16, '16, 1:04 pm

So Orton, that's a tough one because he's seemingly returned in every way imaginable and is by far the stalest guy on the roster to me. But I'll give it a shot. I'd have his career come full circle, have him return the crotchety old veteran that doesn't think anyone from the current generation can lace up his generation's boots. Get off my lawn, the whole bit trying to keep fend off the younger generation from passing him up. Basically, turn him into one of the legends whom he picked on, but be a guy that cheats to win and goes to any length. Have him do that for a while in an open ended storyline off and on, until eventually the guy you want to give a big push to sends a message by beating him.

Cena, I'd do kind of the opposite of that. He's coming off his first every missed Mania, faced the toughest injury of his career that his age has made even more difficult to recover from. I'd use this to get Cena as much sympathy as possible from as much of the audience as possible, paired with having him lose every match he's in for a few months. One day he has to look in the mirror and assess his own mortality. He then goes on a mission to win that one more world title reign to tie Flair and accomplishes it after climbing the ranks by kicking ass for a year.

Cesaro, this is tough to me because I find the Cesaro character horrible. Therefore, I'd probably totally re-package him and have him do more of the international business man, millionaire, man of mystery, that he played as Claudio Castagnoli on the Indy scene for so long.

For Rollins, I'd probably build off his whiny, crybaby heel character and have him blame HHH for his injury and losing his title by making him fight at a house show that Rollins doesn't even think he should have worked in the first place.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 16, '16, 1:21 pm

I'll give it a shot.

Randy Orton - Sort of similar to what Legend mentioned above. I wouldn't have him as a heel though, at least not at first. I would do something similar, where a young-ish heel decides that Orton used to be the Legend Killer, but now he was a Legend, and it was his turn to be "killed" by someone younger and better. Kevin Owens fits this mold perfectly. Orton gets to be used in what should be his new role, gatekeeper to the main event scene for the younger talent ready to make the leap. Owens wins the feud and hopefully uses that to catapult into the World title scene later in the year.

John Cena - This one is tougher, as Cena has literally done it all at this point. First off, I'd have him return at Mania, even if not 100% healthy yet, to cost Undertaker the win, allowing Shane to win and rid the Authority. Night after Mania, Cena is in the ring, Taker comes out, says nobody costs him a win at Mania without consequences, and the only way to even the score is to beat Cena at Mania. Thus challenging him for Mania 33 a year in advance in a Legend vs Legend match (likely Taker's retirement match). After this Cena can do whatever, maybe he wins the US title again and goes back to the US Open Challenge, that belt is only interesting when he has it anyway.

Cesaro - He could return as a heel, although I think he works better as a face with his moveset to be honest. I don't see a grand return for him. Probably returns without much fanfare, immediately enters the midcard IC/US title scene against the likes of AJ Styles/Ziggler/Zayn/Owens/Miz/etc. It would be awesome if Tyson Kidd could return and reform their team but it's unlikely, I could see him forming a team with a new partner too. Possible he could win the MITB briefcase as well. Lots of possibilities but none likely involving the main event.

Seth Rollins - The one I'm most excited about. I can't see him returning as a heel really, he's popular among smarks and will get cheers upon a return. I would have him return as a face, pissed off at Triple H for trying to replace him in the Authority and writing him off. Trips can return here after months away, acting like a dick and saying Rollins was never a worthy Champion and needed him and Steph to protect him. They wrestle at Summerslam with Rollins winning.

If both Ambrose and Reigns are still babyfaces when he returns, it'll be very hard not to do a Shield reunion of some sorts here too with all three faces at the same time. They'll have to interact at some point.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Mar 16, '16, 9:23 pm

Cena should feud with Reigns.

WWE's not going to turn Cena heel probably ever, so this is at least the kind of scenario in which they could at least give an interesting angle as a face. Have Reigns embrace the idea of being the corporate chosen one. Cena comes back and tries to fight the good fight and take back his position at the top of the totem pole. He can see that the boos are getting under Reigns's skin and draws parallels to his own career. Plays the whole HUSTLE/LOYALTY/RESPECT card, tells Reigns it's not too late to be the good guy he wants to be. Reigns ultimately beats Cena with some dishonest tactics. Cena attempts to get a rematch but is blocked from it by the authority, who's protecting Reigns from him.

Build it up to the point where Cena finally gets his rematch against Reigns in late 2016/Royal Rumble, but he's either beaten clean and attacked afterward or just altogether screwed out of the victory by (insert heel x), setting up a WrestleMania 33 opponent. Meanwhile, Reigns could remain the heel corporate champion all the way up until WrestleMania, should the WWE so desire, at which time they'll have a fresh new face all built up, fresh out of a Royal Rumble victory that the fans actually wanted to see happen (going back to basics here :P).

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to WWE