It is currently: May 09, '24, 7:55 pm

What year is it?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What year is it?

40%
60%

Total votes : 5

Re: What year is it?

Postby Hanley! » Mar 12, '16, 6:16 pm

Wrestlemania 22 was pretty good actually. The Cena/Triple H was good for the spectacle and the atmosphere at least. It was Cena's first Wrestlemania main event as the guy who split the crowd, so there was a real novelty to it on the night. The Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon match was shockingly good. And the Mick Foley vs Edge match was a brilliant hardcore war.

Mickie James vs Trish was one of the better Wrestlemania women's matches (it had loads of heat at the very least). The triple threat was decent, but disappointingly short. It could have been a classic, instead it was just fine. Everything else was forgettable or downright bad, but there was enough on the card to make it enjoyable. I probably enjoyed it more than most Wrestlemanias since, the exceptions being 24 and 30.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Mar 13, '16, 8:54 am

I don't think the comparison between Reigns and Cena is as appropriate. Cena, at least when he rose to the top of the card, was massively over. It took a year or two for him to divide the crowd and longer than that to not have the majority of the crowd on his side.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Mar 13, '16, 12:30 pm

The Legend wrote:I don't think the comparison between Reigns and Cena is as appropriate. Cena, at least when he rose to the top of the card, was massively over. It took a year or two for him to divide the crowd and longer than that to not have the majority of the crowd on his side.

I think it's completely appropriate. Though I agree that it's worse this time around. Cena was really over when he reached the top and the fans turned on him in the year following that. The fans turned on Reigns before he reached the top, yet they're persisting with him anyway. But the comparisons between the main events of Wrestlemania 22 and Wrestlemania 32 are still very striking.

Plus, I don't think Reigns would be where he is now without Cena. They wouldn't consider going this strong with a guy the fans don't care about, if they hadn't been doing it already for the last several years with Cena. He's the guy that - through no fault of his own - taught the company that it was okay to ignore what their fans thought of the wrestlers. Completely fracturing the relationship between the company and its fanbase is sadly the biggest legacy Cena is likely to leave on the company.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Previous

Return to WWE