It is currently: May 06, '24, 3:57 pm

Report: Reigns to be written off television so he won't be booed

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Report: Reigns to be written off television so he won't be booed

Postby Messiah » Feb 24, '16, 8:16 am

Source

It's possible those rumors were part of a strategy, along with the episode ending beatdown by Triple H, to write Roman Reigns off television. The idea would be to keep him from being booed on the road to WrestleMania, and set up what they hope would be a big pop for his return.

WWE is also running a surgery angle with Reigns, so looks like this is probably what is going to go down. If so, it's hilarious.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Report: Reigns to be written off television so he won't be booed

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 24, '16, 8:21 am

I'll believe it when I see it. I still say he's on either next week or the week after. If they were keeping him off TV to avoid being booed, why haven't they done it the last year?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Feb 24, '16, 8:40 am

A damaged nose is enough to keep a guy off a television? That is weird logic, even for WWE's standards. I don't buy that they will actually keep Reigns off TV and if they do it won't make a difference. It's not like he will be gone for months and make a surprise return. I also highly doubt that Reigns getting a month off before mania, while the rest of the roster has to carry the show, isn't going to grant him any favor with the fans.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Feb 24, '16, 9:19 am

They have five episodes of RAW left. If I were to guess, they'll keep him off RAW for a week, maybe two and have him return on SD where they can control the crowd response. If their goal is to get him the best response possible keeping him off TV is the worst way to do it. They need him to have a good build to Mania and get as many people as possible excited for him. Anyways, it's not like they've been unable to get people to cheer Reigns against the McMahons/HHH in the past. Just build off of what already works.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby ChrisCrossed » Feb 24, '16, 9:47 am

DBSoT wrote:A damaged nose is enough to keep a guy off a television? That is weird logic, even for WWE's standards. I don't buy that they will actually keep Reigns off TV and if they do it won't make a difference. It's not like he will be gone for months and make a surprise return. I also highly doubt that Reigns getting a month off before mania, while the rest of the roster has to carry the show, isn't going to grant him any favor with the fans.

Thus proving once more Cena > Roman

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Everlong » Feb 24, '16, 12:07 pm

If they think holding him off a show will lead to him getting cheered...

:barrett

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Feb 24, '16, 12:09 pm

But seriously. They need to have Reigns EMBRACE THE HATE

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Ali » Feb 24, '16, 12:32 pm

You know, if you have to keep your theoretical top babyface off of TV so he won't get embarrassingly destroyed by boos... you might need a new top babyface.

I'm just saying.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Ali » Feb 24, '16, 12:35 pm

ChrisCrossed wrote:
DBSoT wrote:A damaged nose is enough to keep a guy off a television? That is weird logic, even for WWE's standards. I don't buy that they will actually keep Reigns off TV and if they do it won't make a difference. It's not like he will be gone for months and make a surprise return. I also highly doubt that Reigns getting a month off before mania, while the rest of the roster has to carry the show, isn't going to grant him any favor with the fans.

Thus proving once more Cena > Roman

Say what you will about John Cena, but at least he got a divided reaction. For some parts of the audience, he was actually the good guy! Is there anyone who cheers for Roman Reigns or buys him as the hero?

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Return to WWE