It is currently: May 06, '24, 7:55 pm

Shane McMahon vs Undertaker in HIAC at WM (not joking)

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Shane McMahon vs Undertaker in HIAC at WM (not joking)

Postby Messiah » Feb 22, '16, 7:31 pm

That was an awesome segment, I was so pumped for Shane's return.

However either this match will be terrible or awesome, but I can't lie. I'm fucking excited for it, Shane replacing The Authority needs to happen.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Shane McMahon vs Undertaker in HIAC at WM (not joking)

Postby ChrisCrossed » Feb 22, '16, 7:34 pm

In a weird way it makes sense. Taker is Vince's biggest warrior - someone he can actually count on since kayfabe is now blurred. Lesnar is unpredictable so you go to the only other S+ wrestler on the roster who has shown loyalty.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 9

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 22, '16, 7:49 pm

One of the legitimate most shocking moments of all time. We all give WWE shit for being predictable, but I don't think anyone saw this coming. I didn't even give Shane a second thought. Wrestling was fun again for a half hour there, it was like old times man.

My guess, Taker beats the piss out of Shane, but Shane won't stay down, keeps fighting his ass off. Vince comes in the Cell, barking orders at Taker to finish him. Maybe he slaps Taker or something, Taker lays him out, lays down and pulls an unconscious Shane on top of him, screwing over Vince.

Alternate theory: John Cena makes his return for the first time in months, runs in and takes out Taker allowing Shane to win. This sets up the much hyped Cena/Taker match for next years Mania in Taker's swan song match.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 22, '16, 9:32 pm

What the flying fuck?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 22, '16, 9:39 pm

HERE COMES THE MONAAYYYYY!!!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Feb 22, '16, 11:47 pm

Incredible exciting moment, and incredibly random at that. Don't think anyone could see this coming. It was booking straight out of the attitude era, and it leaves a lot of questions and whatnot on the table, which is already made for a more intriguing build than any Taker Mania match in recent memory ... and that includes the Punk match.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby flock u » Feb 23, '16, 6:15 am

I honestly don't think it's actually going to be Shane vs Taker inside the Cell I see it playing out this way.

Either Two Weeks from mania or at the Go home show. Undertaker will appear on Raw and tell Vince that he won't be fighting Shane on his behalf which will cause either by order of Vince or by themselves but the Wyatts will come out and attack taker which brings out Shane,Kane and one other person, Either Ryback or possible Cena if he is able to return in time. And this sets up a Team Hell in a Cell match at Mania.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby DBSoT » Feb 23, '16, 8:34 am

Scenario 1: The Bullet Club debuts and helps Shane beat Taker.

Scenario 2: Shane gets replaced with Cena. We get Cena vs Taker for control of Raw.

Both of these scenario's are actually pretty good. This is the first time in the past year that WWE did something that I actually am excited for. If for no other reason, but to see the Authority finally go away. It may not happen right away, but I do see the Bullet Club coming. Shane is the perfect way to debut them.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Feb 23, '16, 8:48 am

Holy shit, anyone have a video of this segment?!? When was the last time Shane was on WWE television, it's been like a dozen years right??

What was the reason they used for him returning to face Taker?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby ChrisCrossed » Feb 23, '16, 9:03 am

Everlong wrote:Holy shit, anyone have a video of this segment?!? When was the last time Shane was on WWE television, it's been like a dozen years right??

http://youtu.be/PzDP3ltd8tA

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 23, '16, 9:19 am

Everlong wrote:Holy shit, anyone have a video of this segment?!? When was the last time Shane was on WWE television, it's been like a dozen years right??

Shane cut a deal with Vince before he left, he has some sort of dirt on Vince apparently. He wants control of Raw, Vince said he could if he won one last match, at Mania.... against Undertaker.

I think it's possible Shane is a placeholder in case Cena can't be ready. If Cena turns out to be able to wrestle he'll take Shane's place against Taker.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Feb 23, '16, 9:39 am

ChrisCrossed wrote:

http://youtu.be/PzDP3ltd8tA

This was awesome!!

Shane is the fucking man.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Viazon » Feb 23, '16, 1:51 pm

I wish I watched Raw before coming on here! Spoiled it for myself. Would have been awesome to see that without knowing what was gonna happen.

But holy shit, what a pop for Shane. I forgot how awesome he was. I wonder if he still has it though. That man had bigger balls than perhaps any wrestler in WWE history. He is much older now though. As is the Undertaker. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

On a side note, does anyone have and idea what Vince said when he was censored. He must have been something bad, judging on the crowds reaction.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 23, '16, 2:28 pm

Viazon wrote:On a side note, does anyone have and idea what Vince said when he was censored. He must have been something bad, judging on the crowds reaction.

I believe I read online it was something along the lines of "I'm going to give you one more fucking beating" :lol

Shane comes back and so does the Attitude Era! :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 23, '16, 3:02 pm

Wowzers - what a random but shocking segment! Shane v Taker - in a way it's good booking as both are faces where as if it was a face v heel match up you kinda know where it's heading but this has different possibilities with who gets involved in this match and if Shane faces him at all and it's not Cena or something.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby prophet » Feb 23, '16, 3:12 pm

Segment made me go ahead and watch RAW, an entire episode of RAW. I haven't done that since I stopped watching months ago. It was fun to see Shane back doing his thing but the match booking felt kind of a random thing to throw in right at the end there.

My first though was that they're finally going to run The Undertaker vs Sting. Not sure how they'd have us believe Shane could beat Taker without losing all credibility; plus, why would Taker want to fight for The Authority to keep them in power? I fully expect them to draft someone in to fight on Shane's behalf and Taker will have a motive to fight for Vince, figured seeing as how Sting is the WCW guy and Shane 'owned' that company it made sense.

I'd be down for Cena/Taker also.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ChrisCrossed » Feb 23, '16, 3:43 pm

I'm leaning towards them making Taker the heel in all this if he does end up going against Cena for a later date. He cheated in his last match with Brock and no way would WWE let it be face Cena - face Taker knowing Cena would get eaten alive. If Cena interferes to help Shane I can see them cheering Cena tremendously

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '16, 5:03 pm

This is so weird. At least we can't say we were expecting it for once.

I'm in two minds about this. On the positive side, Shane is the most likable of the McMahons, and it's cool seeing him back again after all these years. The reaction was pretty incredible, and it was nice to see him tearing up. Also there's a chance that this angle could lead to the end of the Authority, and there's nothing that I want more for WWE right now than the end of the Authority.

On the other hand, in fighting between the McMahons grew tedious in 2000. If I thought this would all end at Wrestlemania then I'd be okay with it, but I feel like it could just extend all of the McMahon's time on television indefinitely. And Shane is also supposed to be wrestling at Wrestlemania. He hasn't been in a ring since 2009 and back then he looked old and horrible. Putting him against the Undertaker also sounds very weird on paper.

Though I feel pretty sure that we're not actually getting Shane vs Undertaker. I think there's going to be another twist in the story. At least it builds up some intrigue for the show, and it's getting a lot of chatter. So based on their current form, I guess this a step in the right direction.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 23, '16, 8:45 pm

Mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 23, '16, 10:58 pm

This whole thing is so fucking bizarre and random. 46-year old Shane McMahon returns and immediately gets put into a Hell in a Cell match with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania... and completely no sells-it. Like "oh... ok... whatever".

There's obviously a lot of "wait and see what else happens in this story", but given WWE's track record for storytelling over the past year, I'm inclined to think this was a desperate attempt to get people to start talking much more than it was a promising storyline. The one thing I have faith in is that Undertaker and Shane wouldn't have agreed to do this unless they KNEW they could tear the house down.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Next

Return to WWE