It is currently: May 07, '24, 2:21 pm

So....WrestleMania, the Undertaker vs ?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

So....WrestleMania, the Undertaker vs ?

Postby Headlesspete » Jan 26, '16, 4:14 pm

I actually have no idea who its going to be at this point. Triple H / Reigns and Brock / Bray seem a lock at this point, so i have to wonder where that leaves Undertaker.

Kevin Owens has lost his past 3 Pay Per View matches in a row, not a great way to build him up to face the Undertaker. Ambrose will have taken the pin at Fastlane in the main event, so again, doesn't look too strong either.

AJ Styles? Chris Jericho?

I'm struggling.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: So....WrestleMania, the Undertaker vs ?

Postby Everlong » Jan 26, '16, 4:17 pm

I'm hoping to see an Owens/Styles match, so I doubt it'll be Owens or Styles. Jericho/Taker would be just weird, don't see why they'd do that.

There just really isn't a good opponent for Undertaker with Sting being out. I wish they'd just scrap the Taker match for this year but that'll never happen.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jan 26, '16, 4:21 pm

There's a rumour (not without some merit) that it could be Braun Straumann, or however you spell it. Hopefully they find someone better than that though, because that would be absolutely horrific. Maybe they'll have him and Kane team against the Wyatts (minus Bray) though they did that already, and it would suck too.

I reckon the best opponent for him by now is Balor. But it's unlikely that they'll go that way.

I can't think of who else it'll be though. Owens hasn't been built enough, and looks ear marked for Sami Zayn. If they're using Styles in a singles match, it'll likely be against Jericho. I don't think they'll consider him important enough for Undertaker. Though maybe there's a slight chance that they do Undertaker vs Jericho. Can't really see that happening either though ...

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 26, '16, 6:14 pm

What should happen? Taker faces Owens

What will happen? Taker faces Sheamus

What's a long shot but my gut says may happen? Taker & Brock vs The Wyatts

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jan 26, '16, 6:18 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:What will happen? Taker faces Sheamus

Is it terrible that I forgot all about Sheamus, even though he was champion like a month ago? :lol

Good call there, he is the obvious opponent for Undertaker that's left over. Him or Alberto Del Rio, I guess. But Sheamus seems a touch more likely.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Headlesspete » Jan 26, '16, 6:32 pm

Seriously, the most likely options at this points are Del Rio, Sheamus or Braun? FFS....

At this point its indicative of how bad things are when it comes to building up new, credible talent. I have to assume WWE would consider the Undertaker programme more important than a Sami/Owens feud, so i could totally see them delaying that so that Owens can face Taker.

My moneys on Kane. I don't really want it, and its really not a great option, but if i have to choose between the three above or Kane, I'd go with Kane.

Man i really hope Sting is actually cleared and that's actually the plan.

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jan 26, '16, 6:45 pm

Headlesspete wrote:Seriously, the most likely options at this points are Del Rio, Sheamus or Braun? FFS....

At this point its indicative of how bad things are when it comes to building up new, credible talent. I have to assume WWE would consider the Undertaker programme more important than a Sami/Owens feud, so i could totally see them delaying that so that Owens can face Taker.

My moneys on Kane. I don't really want it, and its really not a great option, but if i have to choose between the three above or Kane, I'd go with Kane.

There's little to no hope that it's going to be Sting.

I wouldn't go betting on Kane either, given he was on jobber duty on Raw last night. If he was going to be an opponent for the Undertaker, they wouldn't be making him look that bad.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Headlesspete » Jan 26, '16, 7:29 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Headlesspete wrote:Seriously, the most likely options at this points are Del Rio, Sheamus or Braun? FFS....

There's little to no hope that it's going to be Sting.

I wouldn't go betting on Kane either, given he was on jobber duty on Raw last night. If he was going to be an opponent for the Undertaker, they wouldn't be making him look that bad.

But they're making almost everyone look bad! :lol

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 26, '16, 8:43 pm

Big Show, he is an unstoppable giant

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 26, '16, 9:26 pm

I guess it would be fitting if it comes full circle and Taker has to go back to trying to drag a good match out of a limited big man again this time with Stroman.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jan 27, '16, 12:49 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I guess it would be fitting if it comes full circle and Taker has to go back to trying to drag a good match out of a limited big man again this time with Stroman.

I thought that too, it certainly wouldn't be the first time Undertaker wrestled against a horrific monster at Wrestlemania.

It's different now though. Fans have higher standards now. Plus, nobody expected a good match from Undertaker back then. Now they're used to him having one of the best matches on the card.

Plus, while Undertaker has faced a lot of shitty Wrestlemania opponents, I think that Giant Gonzales was the only one worse than Strommann. And Undertaker was a lot less beaten down back then too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Tom » Jan 27, '16, 5:14 pm

I don't see it being Braun Strowman. Taker has already feuded with Wyatt, why would be feud with his lackey Plus, they have already had Taker somewhat come face to face with Strowman. I think WWE would consider this a step down for Taker. If they do anything that is Taker/Wyatt associated I would believe that they would team Taker & Brock up to face the Wyatt's.

I think Taker/Kane is a good shout. Kane hasn't exactly looked great recently but to WWE this would be a good nostalgia match for the card, Stranger things have happened.

If I was a betting man though I would say it will be Sheamus, This match, to my knowledge, hasn't happened before. It would be a fresh feud for Taker and Sheamus is coming off winning the WWE title. It's not an outstanding match but it is one I see WWE booking given Sheamus's position on the card at the moment.

Owens would be a great opponent for Taker (he would top my list) but I don't see WWE doing that. I think he will face Zayn or Styles at Mania which, given time, could be a potential showstealer!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Return to WWE