It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 4:26 am

Royal Rumble Wishlist 2016

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Royal Rumble Wishlist 2016

Postby Hanley! » Jan 23, '16, 1:01 pm

I put up one of these threads last year, asking people what they'd like to see in the Royal Rumble match. There were a lot of interesting suggestions, most of which did not happen because that match was a huge disappointment. You can find the old thread here.

So how about this year? What would you like to see go down? Who do you want to win, what surprise entrants would you like to see, what cool spots need to go down?

1/8 of my wishes came true last year, so lets see if I can beat that this year.

01. AJ Fucking Styles. This one's easy, WWE. Don't fuck it up.
02. Big Show is eliminated early. Comes out at #2 and Roman eliminates him before #3 gets out.
03. Jake Roberts is a surprise entrant. Social Outcasts eliminated by fear of his snake.
04. Roman Reigns is eliminated half way through, so he's not the focus of the entire match.
05. Undertaker is an entrant. I don't want him to win, but the match needs more star power.
06. Lesnar/Undertaker/Jericho are tossed out by younger stars to build the actual roster.
07. Kevin Owens is an entrant. I don't care if he's in the IC title match too. This match needs him.
08. Kevin Owens scores most eliminations.
09. Sami Zayn is a surprise entrant. Eliminates Owens.
10. Finn Balor comes out at #30 in full paint.
11. Styles wins the match and the title. I know, guys, but I can dream.
12. Balor vs Undertaker feud set up for Wrestlemania.
13. Mauro Ranallo calls the Rumble match, instead of Michael Cole
14. Nakamura is a surprise entrant. Might not be realistic at this point, but would be cool.
15. If Lesnar wins, I'd love to see Zayn as runner-up who gets at least five minutes with just Lesnar.

So that's my (mostly unrealistic) wishlist. What's yours?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Royal Rumble Wishlist 2016

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 23, '16, 1:25 pm

Hanley! wrote:15. If Lesnar wins, I'd love to see Zayn as runner-up who gets at least five minutes with just Lesnar.

I didn't know I wanted that until now.

My wishes aren't too out there.

1. I want AJ Styles to debut in the match.
2. I want Kevin Owens to be in the match.
3. I want NXT stars in the match. Joe, Zayn and Apollo Crews specifically.
4. I want HHH to eliminate Roman Reigns. I feel like it makes the most sense. They can build that as a big enough match. It doesn't need to have the title involved.
5. I want Brock Lesnar to be eliminated by an up and comer.
6. I want Kevin Owens to win the match.
7. I want CM Punk to return in the match.

Like I said, not too out there...

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Jan 23, '16, 1:28 pm

1. Curtis Axel cuts another promo early in the night about not being eliminated next year. Axel comes out #2 and is eliminated by Reigns in record time.
2. AJ Styles enters the match at like 5 or 6 and is this year's ironman, lasting to the final four.
3. Ranallo calling the Rumble is a good one - actually the whole SD announce team calling it would be good, get rid of JBL as well - at this point I find JBL more annoying than Cole or Lawler.
4. We get at least two legend entrants into the Rumble that we haven't seen as legend entrants before.
5. Taker gets eliminated by Finn Balor to set up a Mania match.
6. Dean Ambrose enters the Rumble and immediately tries and gets close to eliminating Reigns - ending their pseudo partnership and setting up a match between the two at Fastlane.
7. The New Day enter the Rumble consecutively at like 12-14 in the middle of Reigns clearing the ring. After Reigns clears the ring of everyone, but Reigns and New Day, New Day attacks Reigns and get him flat on his back. With just New Day in the ring, Woods and Kofi turn on Big E and eliminate him then Reigns double eliminates the other two - setting up a New Day feud at Mania.
8. I accept the fact that this Rumble is going to put the belt on either Reigns or HHH and set up a title match between the two at Mania. At this point, it's the feud that would get my most interest for the main event anyhow. Find a way to let in addition to Reigns that new guys shine through. Wyatt Family, Social Outcasts, Kalisto, Owens, Tyler Breeze, AJ Styles, Finn Balor need to all leave their mark on this match.
9. Finally, Seth Rollins shocks the world and returns to throw Reigns out at the end to win the belt back as a face and take on Reigns as a heel.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 23, '16, 1:31 pm

I'll give it a shot.

1) Sami Zayn is a surprise entrant and eliminates Kevin Owens (who is still IC champ) setting up a Mania match
2) Samoa Joe is a surprise entrant and is treated as legit, eliminating a few people.
3) AJ Styles debuts and lasts at minimum 25+ minutes, and lasts until the Final 4
4) The Reigns focus isn't as bad as we think and other people actually get some time to shine
5) We get some surprises entrants that aren't the usual ones like Nash or Booker T
6) Undertaker is a shock entrant to add some star power to the proceedings
7) Big Show lasts less than a minute
8. Kane lasts less than a minute
9) Ambrose eliminates Reigns in a stunning moment
10) The Rumble isn't dominated by groups, with the Wyatts/New Day/Outcasts/League of Nations I worry about it
11) Someone unexpected lasts a long time and gets showcased, someone along the lines of Neville
12) We get a fun, enjoyable Rumble for the first time in a couple years

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Jan 23, '16, 4:35 pm

- Zayn as surprise entrant, eliminates Owens, setting up a mania feud. Or...
- Owens eliminates Lesnar.
- AJ Styles debut
- Bryan return.
- Kane and Big Show not being anywhere near the final four

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Jan 24, '16, 6:49 pm

If RVD could NOT return, that would be great too actually.

Also no commentators in the Rumble please. I'm so done with that spot.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jan 25, '16, 1:19 pm

3/15 of my Rumble wishes came true.

I went from 0.125 to 0.200.

At least that's progress, guys! :D That's something to be positive about, and I'm not even being all that sarcastic. Next year I'm shooting for at least 0.250.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jan 25, '16, 5:18 pm

I think only one of mine came close to true, maybe two.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE