It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:31 pm

An NXT Takeover has been announced for the Friday before Wrestlemania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

An NXT Takeover has been announced for the Friday before Wrestlemania

Postby Hanley! » Dec 12, '15, 12:28 pm

I'm already far more excited about that show than about Wrestlemania itself.

It'd also be a good way to set NXT performers up for a Raw debut 3 days later, if they decide that they want to bring up any of the current NXT wrestlers on the post-Wrestlemania Raw.

Hopefully a great NXT show will inspire the main roster performers to put their all into their matches too, even if the bookers likely won't put them in much of a position to succeed.

Good decision, in my mind. If this is close to as good as the Brooklyn show, I'll be very pleased.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: An NXT Takeover has been announced for the Friday before Wrestlemania

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 12, '15, 12:41 pm

Hanley! wrote:Hopefully a great NXT show will inspire the main roster performers to put their all into their matches too, even if the bookers likely won't put them in much of a position to succeed.

Wasn't that the rumored attitude backstage before last year's TLC? Didn't work out too well. :P

Takeover before Wrestlemania is pretty great, adds to the magic of that weekend. Here's hoping they can wrangle a good card for the main show and it'll be a really exciting time.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Dec 12, '15, 12:49 pm

Yeah, it really didn't. But as I said, performers can only do so much without the bookers on their side. That applies double for a show like TLC which is so heavily gimmicked that I imagine almost every match has to be very maticulously laid out.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Dec 12, '15, 2:14 pm

Is this Takeover in Dallas or at Full Sail? Another big venue Takeover similar to Brooklyn would be awesome. I am pretty excited to see next Wednesday's Takeover in London.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Dec 12, '15, 2:15 pm

DBSoT wrote:Is this Takeover in Dallas or at Full Sail? Another big venue Takeover similar to Brooklyn would be awesome. I am pretty excited to see next Wednesday's Takeover in London.

It's in Dallas.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 12, '15, 2:28 pm

Looked the venue up, it's the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas. According to Google it's a 10 thousand seater, so not quite as big of a crowd as the Brooklyn show but should still be pretty great.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Return to WWE