It is currently: May 16, '24, 10:58 pm

Who needs a new finisher? What should it be?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who needs a new finisher? What should it be?

Postby Hanley! » Nov 07, '15, 4:44 pm

I'm sure all of us here don't like certain finishing moves in the WWE. Some wrestlers finish their matches with moves that don't look great, or don't suit their characters, or that can't be applied in interesting ways. Who do you think should take on a new finisher? And do you have any ideas on what it should be?

I'll list a few to kick things off.

Asuka: Asuka's finisher actually isn't bad, but she's still the wrestler who inspired this topic. And the reason for that is that I really think the flying arm bar she uses needs to be her finisher. It looks amazing and she can seemingly apply it from out of nowhere. It'd be such an exciting, vicious way to end a match.

Finn Balor: The double foot stomp just isn't a very dynamic finisher. If he becomes a main event talent, it'll limit the different finishes they can use for his matches. I'd like to see him start using the Bloody Sunday as a finisher again (lifting DDT). It's easier to apply out of a variety of situations and he could still do it on anyone.

Hideo Itami: All this man does in WWE is kicks and his finisher is just another kick. Half the time, I don't even realise that the move he just hit was his finisher until the match is already over. That's no good. They could just start letting him do the GTS again, but I've never liked that move. It often looks pretty bad and people have been injured taking that move more than once. He could do a Samoan Driver or something like that instead though, which has the same set up.

Seth Rollins: I hate that he uses the Pedigree, it makes him look like such a geek that he's stealing Triple H's move. I'd rather see him bring back the Curb Stomp. But if they're really opposed to him bringing that back, they have other options. If he returns as a face, he could use the Phoenix Splash as a finisher. I wouldn't mind him using the buckle bomb/superkick sequence to finish matches again either. Though a superkick on its own is unusable as a finisher at this point because wrestlers overuse that move so much these days.

Alberto Del Rio: His new finisher from the top turnbuckle to someone hanging from the turnbuckle is way too difficult to set up. I'd say bring back the arm bar, but Asuka does it better than him. I dunno, I'd be happy enough seeing him adopting a Shining Wizard or something like that. Simple, but looks vicious and effective.

Dean Ambrose: Dirty Deeds just doesn't look that impressive or memorable to me. To add to his wild, loose cannon character, I'd like to see him take on some kind of dangerous submission. Maybe a variant on a chokehold. Something akin to the Tazmission. I think he could make that work.

Any other ideas?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Who needs a new finisher? What should it be?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 07, '15, 5:36 pm

Ryback, the shell shock is the same thing as romans samoa drop. Its not that credible when another person uses it as a regular move, i would like to see a more powerful meathook instead

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » Nov 07, '15, 6:45 pm

I could see Seth coming back pissed off and just curb stomping people for one night. For a career finisher, I'd see the Phoenix Splash for sure.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '15, 6:25 pm

Del Rio: I'd be fine if he used the cross armbreaker as his finisher or came up with something else, but I hate that stomp thing he uses. I actually think a version of the backstabber turned into a surfboard submission would fit him well.

Cesaro: I've never been a fan of the Neutralizer, I think he could do something so much better. A powerful slam or suplex, something that is more intimidating.

Dean Ambrose: Ambrose has arguably the worst finisher in WWE right now. It always looks awkward and is hard to get into in different scenarios, limiting how to end matches he wins, if he ever gets to win matches.

John Cena: I've held out longer than everyone on here about thinking the FU/AA was a fine finisher, not great, but sufficient. At this point I just think Cena's been around long enough like Taker, that he needs to come up with something to end matches differently for a while.

Roman Reigns: In 2015, no wrestler should be using a punch for a finisher.

Seth Rollins: He needs a different finisher, simple.

Hideo Itami: He needs something different than another kick. some sort of grappling move would be nice.

Sami Zayn: He doesn't need something new, just use something different than Helluva Kick for a finisher. He does so many more interesting moves.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby JPG619 » Nov 10, '15, 6:48 pm

I have to agree with @Hanley! about Seth Rollins he needs something more original since Triple H used to use it. I also agree with @The Legend with no wrestler should use a punch as a finisher since it does seem lame but then again if it a punch to the skull it could easily knock someone out cold which wrestlers should sell better when getting a punch to the head.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to WWE