It is currently: Jun 01, '24, 6:50 am

Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 6-9 months, WWE to hold tournament at Survivor Series to crown new champion

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 6-9 months, WWE to hold tournament at Survivor Series to crown new champion

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 2:06 pm

Reported by Jonathan Coachman on Twitter. A tournament will be held at Survivor Series for the vacant WWEWHC.

Warning, This leg snap looks brutal.
Spoiler:

Last edited by DBSoT on Nov 05, '15, 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 4-6 months

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 2:08 pm

Oh god dammit. That's a crying shame, I was actually looking forward to Rollins vs Reigns. Easily one of the best guys they have out for months, and suddenly I'm all the more worried about Sheamus holding the title.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Re: Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 4-6 months, WWE to hold tournament at Survivor Series to crown new champion

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:11 pm

Gutted. Rollins is my favourite wrestler and has easily been the best part of the show since Wrestlemania, he's the main reason I bother watching the show so this is a real kick in the teeth, I'm upset for him as well. His reign was going brilliantly despite the trash creative had given him to work with and it's never nice to see someone put on the shelf.

WWE have announced a tournament will take place at Survivor Series to crown a new champion so that could be fun at least.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 4-6 months, WWE to hold tournament at Survivor Series to crown new champion

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '15, 2:12 pm

God, that really really sucks. On the one hand, the tournament should be fun. On the other hand, you gotta feel bad for the guy.

Hopefully he canb e back in time for WrestleMania.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 2:12 pm

Eek, that looks horrible. 6-9 months rather than the 4-6 in the title as well. Hope Seth is alright, that looks really nasty. Should be back around Summerslam time at the worst, I suppose.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '15, 2:13 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:6-9 months rather than the 4-6 in the title as well.

Well then, so much for Mania.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Re: Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 6-9 months, WWE to hold tournament at Survivor Series to crown new champion

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 2:16 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Eek, that looks horrible. 6-9 months rather than the 4-6 in the title as well. Hope Seth is alright, that looks really nasty. Should be back around Summerslam time at the worst, I suppose.
Edited the title.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Re: Seth Rollins tears MCL/ACL out 6-9 months, WWE to hold tournament at Survivor Series to crown new champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:18 pm

Huge news, what a shocker, I saw the injury but somehow figured he wasn't badly hurt. Terrible for him after the year he's had.

WWE is probably begging Cena to return early right about now.

The good news is when he comes back after a serious injury he'll probably be a babyface just because that tends to be how big returns work. Imagine he returns and saves Ambrose and Reigns :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby GameDesigner14 » Nov 05, '15, 2:22 pm

At least Cena won't be part of it.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:24 pm

GameDesigner14 wrote:At least Cena won't be part of it.

I wouldn't hold your breath, with all the injuries I wouldn't be at all surprised if they convince Cena to come back early and enter.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:26 pm

DBSoT wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:Eek, that looks horrible. 6-9 months rather than the 4-6 in the title as well. Hope Seth is alright, that looks really nasty. Should be back around Summerslam time at the worst, I suppose.
prophet edited the title. thank you prophet

;)

Yeah I'm with Brett, I bet they're on the phone to Cena right now :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:35 pm

prophet wrote:
DBSoT wrote:
prophet edited the title. thank you prophet

;)

Yeah I'm with Brett, I bet they're on the phone to Cena right now :lol

Read online that Meltzer said WWE was on the phone with some "big names". Get ready for another Rock title reign! :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby GameDesigner14 » Nov 05, '15, 2:44 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
GameDesigner14 wrote:At least Cena won't be part of it.

I wouldn't hold your breath, with all the injuries I wouldn't be at all surprised if they convince Cena to come back early and enter.

That's true

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby Hanley! » Nov 05, '15, 4:15 pm

Cena had this time booked off for quite a while though apparently. I could see him telling the company that he'll be back when he said he'd be back and not a moment sooner. It's not like it's going to hurt him any, he'll still have his spot when he returns.

I'm gutted for Rollins. He's quite possibly the best guy they have working at the moment. His title reign has been horrifically botched though, and hasn't been nearly as entertaining as it could have and should have been. But that's life in the WWE these days. I just feel really bad that the young talent that's had the most success lately, and who's in the middle of his run as champion, is going to have that cut short and will lose all his momentum. He's probably going to miss Wrestlemania, and miss out on a huge pay day. It just really sucks for Rollins.

The weird thing is it'll probably make Survivor Series better though. Tournaments can be fun and people probably weren't all that excited to see Reigns/Rollins. This could be one of the best things for that card. But it's going to really hurt the show going forward. Rollins has been all over Raw for the last year, I don't know how they're going to fill all that time without him.

Rollins should return as a huge babyface. That's the dream I'm going to hold onto, to make this a little less disheartening. After returning from injury, most big names get a pop, and Rollins is so good at working a fast-paced, high-flying style that he's a really easy sell as a face. Hopefully he comes back to even bigger and better things. I've got my fingers crossed for the guy.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 4:49 pm

I can't see Cena getting brought back early. I believe he is hosting a fitness competition show. I would doubt that they would cut shooting short just so Cena can go back to wrestle.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 05, '15, 11:18 pm

Can't say Rollins was pulling me in with his reign, so the prospect of a tournament and new champion seems more exciting to me than a couple more months of Rollins and The Authority still on top. I just hope this doesn't lead to Lobster Head cashing in after losing one of the earlier matches in the tournament. Personally, I'm pulling for Owens or Lesnar.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 06, '15, 10:01 am

This fucking sucks for Rollins. This might be the first time that a world champion has to drop the belt because of multiple muscle tears received at a house show. Such a shitty way to go out.

At least they're giving us a tournament which is always fun.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Nov 06, '15, 12:09 pm

VaderBomb wrote:This fucking sucks for Rollins. This might be the first time that a world champion has to drop the belt because of multiple muscle tears received at a house show. Such a shitty way to go out.

Part of me is annoyed that I didn't go to the show now. It's probably the closest thing Ireland will ever get to a historic WWE moment: for the first time ever, something that happened on one of our shows will actually have some kind of impact on the televised product going forward.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby GameDesigner14 » Nov 06, '15, 12:49 pm

Honestly Owen's isn't quite ready just yet, neither is Reigns. My hopes for the winner would be Lesnar. But we'll see who's in the tournament., I would even be happy if Ambrose would be champion "Lunatic Fringe" as champion :clap

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby Hanley! » Nov 06, '15, 12:55 pm

I think Owens is more ready than most of these guys. He's got a very strong personality, and has looked relatively strong since debuting. If he won the title, it'd be easy to get the fans to react to him strongly as champion. If you push Cesaro or Ziggler or Ambrose to the top now, it'd feel very obvious that it's only happening because of the lack of stars on the show right now. But I think if Owens won the belt, they could sell it a lot better. They could make him look like a genuine star.

Unless Reigns turns heel, I kinda think they need to push Owens strong either way. Even if he's not champion, he is the best candidate for top heel with Rollins out of the picture.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Next

Return to WWE