It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:28 am

How hard must it be to write something as bad as the Rollins vs Kane angle?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How hard must it be to write something as bad as the Rollins vs Kane angle?

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '15, 9:41 am

The more I see and hear of this angle, the more baffled I am. It's almost impressive how bad this story is. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a worse WWE championship feud.

Seth Rollins has lost every match he's been in for the last month or maybe two, except the match against Sting. Most of them clean as a whistle. He's the weakest champion we've had in forever. I don't mind a champion who needs to cheat to win, but I want the champion to at least win sometimes, somehow.

Kane is apparently impervious to all injury, as he can heal shattered bones with a thought, so that both kills the suspension of disbelief in this feud, and will take all tension out of their championship match.

Why is Rollins still perfectly willing to team with Kane when he's not wearing the mask? Why is he willing to provoke him when he's not in the mask, but is terrified of him when he is in the mask?

Now that Kane has his title shot, why is he even pretending to not want to murder Rollins all the time? What's he getting out of that exactly?

Is Stephanie a face or a heel? Why does this seem to change with every single show? If she's face, then why is she associated with Rollins at all? If you're a face, then you shouldn't be in a stable with the heel champion.

Does Stephanie really need to emasculate every single wrestler she comes into contact with, including both participants of the world championship feud? Is it really that important that she gets over on the people who potentially draw money for her company?

Why does Kane have a job as Director of Operations in storyline? Rollins is the Authority's investment and Kane has repeatedly tried to murder him. Why would the Authority be okay with that? Why would they just let it keep on happening without intervening at all? And why - when they do intervene - act like these wrestlers are bickering children rather than grown men who keep almost killing each other?

How come Kane's HR evaluation only lasted about a half hour and only involved interviewing Kane, rather than anyone of his peers? And does nobody in WWE's HR department watch their television? Do they literally not know that Kane has been attacking people? If not, is it not their job to find out if a complaint is issued?

Stephanie revealed on Raw that it was Seth that issued the anonymous complaint to HR about Kane. Isn't that illegal? Does that not defeat the point of anonymous complaints? For a promotion so concerned with appearances, WWE's whistle-blowing policy apparently sucks.

Isn't it weird that this match has received far more build than any of Rollins' title defenses so far, yet it's only going to be the third most important match on the pay per view?

Also come on ... Kane in a world title match in 2015?

I have no idea how they came up with this. None of it is any good. None of it makes any sense. It feels like nobody is really getting over in their respective roles, because the lines between face and heel are so muddled, and because everybody looks like such a dork.

Just horrendous booking. With a world title feud like this, it's no wonder that ratings have been so bad. It sucks because there were so many potential opponents for Rollins and his title reign had the potential to be so good, but it's been awful. On the bright side though, I can't see how it could get any worse.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: How hard must it be to write something as bad as the Rollins vs Kane angle?

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '15, 9:49 am

It's a cartoon, I don't even think people are supposed to take it seriously. With the Kane multiple personality thing, healing himself and what not. They knew this feud was going to suck so they just said screw it and decided to make it as campy as possible.

There's a reason that Reigns/Wyatt ended Raw 2 weeks ago, and then Cena and New Day did this week. They know this feud isn't top level stuff to end a show. They just want to get to Hell in a Cell so it can end.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby prophet » Oct 14, '15, 3:42 pm

Unfortunate as it is we're in that period of the year where they seem to completely stop caring about the product (more so than usual) and they just churn out any old shit. I feel like they give up when the NFL starts again, they admit defeat in the ratings battle and once they do that they don't mind producing this tripe because they know the people watching will continue to do so regardless.

They bring in Taker/Brock/Sting to sell PPV's but don't even bother bringing them to TV half the time because they can't be arsed. The whole 'we know you'll be back next week, fuck you' philosophy has been poisoning their product for years.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Oct 14, '15, 3:51 pm

prophet wrote:Unfortunate as it is we're in that period of the year where they seem to completely stop caring about the product (more so than usual) and they just churn out any old shit. I feel like they give up when the NFL starts again, they admit defeat in the ratings battle and once they do that they don't mind producing this tripe because they know the people watching will continue to do so regardless.

I guess part of what makes the feud so weird to me is that it seems so much worse than "any old shit". :lol It feels like you would need to make an actual effort to be this bad.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Oct 14, '15, 3:57 pm

Hanley! wrote:
prophet wrote:Unfortunate as it is we're in that period of the year where they seem to completely stop caring about the product (more so than usual) and they just churn out any old shit. I feel like they give up when the NFL starts again, they admit defeat in the ratings battle and once they do that they don't mind producing this tripe because they know the people watching will continue to do so regardless.

I guess part of what makes the feud so weird to me is that it seems so much worse than "any old shit". :lol It feels like you would need to make an actual effort to be this bad.

You reckon they're fully aware of how terrible it is and they laugh about it in private? :lol

Creative: "So we'll have Kane stretched out with a broken ankle, put in the back of an Ambulance only for him to come back out with the mask and be totally fine. No way they'll give this the green light :lol "

Vince: "BY GOD IT'S GENIUS! THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING! WE'LL ALSO HAVE KANE PIN SETH!"

Creative: "Wait, wut?"

Vince: "BUT YOU GOTTA MAKE ROMAN LOOK REALLY STRONG"

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Oct 14, '15, 5:11 pm

I guess I find this feud easier to get behind than most. I actually find it pretty entertaining in a somewhat humorous way, not sure they intend it that way or not. Part of why I find it easier to get behind is my multiple personality disorder. Wrestling's easier to get behind if you pretend each wrestler has multiple personalities for every time he goes heel/face or has a different character.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE