It is currently: May 16, '24, 7:36 pm

How do you feel about SportsCenter covering Summerslam?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How do you feel about SportsCenter covering Summerslam?

Postby DBSoT » Aug 17, '15, 7:41 pm

Are you excited that ESPN wants to cover the event or do you think that ESPN spending 4 hours of SportsCenter on WWE is a bit much?

Its definitely a good thing for the WWE in terms of exposure, but I am not sure this will go over well with the non wrestling crowd. I hope that they will at least attempt to spot light some of the mid-card matches and personalities, instead of concentrating 100% on Brock/Taker and Cena/Rollins with a little divas talk mixed in. I don't watch ESPN to much anymore, but i am curious to see how they present this.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: How do you feel about SportsCenter covering Summerslam?

Postby The Legend » Aug 18, '15, 4:40 am

DBSoT wrote:Are you excited that ESPN wants to cover the event or do you think that ESPN spending 4 hours of SportsCenter on WWE is a bit much?

Its definitely a good thing for the WWE in terms of exposure, but I am not sure this will go over well with the non wrestling crowd. I hope that they will at least attempt to spot light some of the mid-card matches and personalities, instead of concentrating 100% on Brock/Taker and Cena/Rollins with a little divas talk mixed in. I don't watch ESPN to much anymore, but i am curious to see how they present this.

I guess I'm intrigued. We'll see how it goes.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Viazon » Aug 18, '15, 7:30 am

I didn't really think much of it. I mean, what would be the big deal?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby lyonssv » Aug 18, '15, 9:39 am

I just watched Brock's segment on Sportscenter and thought he did well. I have no problem with ESPN covering WWE if they want to reach that niche of fans, but the way they're doing it is kind of weird. They were like staying in kayfabe...which I thought was strange because everyone knows wrestling is fake now. This is not 30 years ago.

If they want to cover WWe on mainstream media, I would like it more if they covered it the way we do here, having discussions about story lines, character development, etc. and when superstars on the show, allow them to break the fourth wall so to speak, just don't give up any spoilers.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Aug 19, '15, 8:43 pm

I think it's cool. Wrestling is being accepted more on a mainstream level as opposed to before. It also helps that this generation of wrestlers are more athletic than ever. ESPN supporting the WWE is a great look for the WWE IMO. ESPN is a great outlet for the WWE to use to expand it's fanbase and to get more people to sign up for the Network.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby JPG619 » Aug 21, '15, 7:29 pm

Since Jonathan Coachman used to work with the WWE and now works for ESPN I can see why they would cover it maybe give a new life to former fans that used to watch the WWE to return to give it a one more go.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to WWE