It is currently: May 16, '24, 9:52 pm

Daniel Bryan medically cleared by neurologist

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Daniel Bryan medically cleared by neurologist

Postby Circled Square » Jul 23, '15, 12:31 pm

Daniel Bryan was a guest on the Cheap Heat podcast featured on ESPN Radio where he gave a revealing update on his health. Bryan stated that he feels great and has been cleared by a doctor in Phoenix. He explained WWE is hesitant to clear him and that he guesses WWE doesn’t really want him talking about it.

Bryan later stated he was cleared by the “Super Bowl” of neurologists so he doesn’t see why he can’t wrestle. Bryan said it’s not like he has some buddy that happens to be a doctor but WWE has their side too.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/danie ... qpsODLe.99

WWE is being careful with him and haven't cleared him yet.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Daniel Bryan medically cleared by neurologist

Postby prophet » Jul 23, '15, 1:43 pm

Good to hear they're being careful with Bryan and seem to finally have his health in their best interests. I've missed him dearly and look forward to his return - the real issue will be when he's back in the ring with someone as physical as Sheamus as to whether his body will hold up...keep him away from Suplex City, too! :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Circled Square » Jul 23, '15, 1:49 pm

prophet wrote:Good to hear they're being careful with Bryan and seem to finally have his health in their best interests. I've missed him dearly and look forward to his return - the real issue will be when he's back in the ring with someone as physical as Sheamus as to whether his body will hold up...keep him away from Suplex City, too! :lol

Imagine if his return is a feud with Ryback. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Postby JPG619 » Jul 23, '15, 2:02 pm

That is good that the WWE is careful don't want something to happen to him in the ring because someone health is more important then entertaining fans

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby Hanley! » Jul 23, '15, 2:09 pm

WWE, please don't let this guy come back until you're 100% sure that he's fine.

And please Bryan, calm the fuck down when you come back. You don't need to bump on your neck to make the fans like you.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jul 23, '15, 2:10 pm

Wouldn't it be crazy if this is a Stone Cold moment for Bryan?

Severe injury, future in doubt... come back, still have a few years of being a top figure in the company with a slightly more limited moveset, provide some great moments, then finally retire.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Tom » Jul 23, '15, 2:45 pm

I'd say part of the reason WWE are hesitant about him returning is down to the concussion lawsuit that is trying to be put against them. It wouldn't look great on their behalf at all if a talent was to return from concussion issues and then be victim of another concussion a few weeks later. So I definitely support their decision, from both a business and a medical perspective.

I agree with Hanley as well. At this stage of his career I think Bryan should tone it down and try and adapt a less risky moveset. I am sure Bryan could still put on one hell of a performance without taking unnecessary risks!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 23, '15, 2:48 pm

I listened to the podcast and they asked him right after this if the Punk lawsuit about the WWE doctor had anything to do with him not being cleared yet. If I recall he didn't outright agree, but he didn't disagree either. So I would think maybe that has something to do with them being extra cautious.

It would be awesome if he could come back though, he can only help.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 23, '15, 2:51 pm

Considering Vince, when Punk was injured and returned "healthy" he was thrown to Ryback, hoping they take their time with Bryan and ease him in but all it will take is a few big injuries to the big names and I can imagine Vince on the phone to Bryan after he's finished a rehab session saying "See you next on RAW pal!"

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Jul 23, '15, 2:53 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I listened to the podcast and they asked him right after this if the Punk lawsuit about the WWE doctor had anything to do with him not being cleared yet. If I recall he didn't outright agree, but he didn't disagree either. So I would think maybe that has something to do with them being extra cautious.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Punk lawsuit. The Nelson Frazier lawsuit probably has a lot more to do with it. I think there are other family members of deceased wrestlers now suing the company for concussion issues too. Doink's family is among them, if I recall correctly.

Concussions in particular are a sensitive subject right now, which is why they've refused to acknowledge what Bryan's injury actually is.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 23, '15, 2:53 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Considering Vince, when Punk was injured and returned "healthy" he was thrown to Ryback, hoping they take their time with Bryan and ease him in but all it will take is a few big injuries to the big names and I can imagine Vince on the phone to Bryan after he's finished a rehab session saying "See you next on RAW pal!"

He also said on the podcast that Vince has only called him twice ever, and once was when he was still wrestling indies :lol

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 23, '15, 2:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:I listened to the podcast and they asked him right after this if the Punk lawsuit about the WWE doctor had anything to do with him not being cleared yet. If I recall he didn't outright agree, but he didn't disagree either. So I would think maybe that has something to do with them being extra cautious.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Punk lawsuit. The Nelson Frazier lawsuit probably has a lot more to do with it. I think there are other family members of deceased wrestlers now suing the company for concussion issues too. Doink's family is among them, if I recall correctly.

Concussions in particular are a sensitive subject right now, which is why they've refused to acknowledge what Bryan's injury actually is.

Yeah that's possible. Although I would imagine WWE is more nervous about a recent popular superstar basically saying they are an unsafe working environment and have inept medical staff who allows them to work with serious injuries.

The Frazier and Doink lawsuits I would think they could get thrown out easily enough. Vis was like 500 pounds forever and hadn't worked there in years, and Doink had been gone for ages.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 23, '15, 2:58 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Considering Vince, when Punk was injured and returned "healthy" he was thrown to Ryback, hoping they take their time with Bryan and ease him in but all it will take is a few big injuries to the big names and I can imagine Vince on the phone to Bryan after he's finished a rehab session saying "See you next on RAW pal!"

He also said on the podcast that Vince has only called him twice ever, and once was when he was still wrestling indies :lol

If he was Punk, he'd have got endless calls because deep down, despite treating him shoddily, Vince rated his work to be good enough to keep things ticking over where as with Bryan, he thinks - in light of what Hanley said - I'll have to ease him in and he'll come and do his yes schtick blah blah and he'll have a mid/upper card role - happy days. I might be wrong though.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Jul 23, '15, 3:09 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Yeah that's possible. Although I would imagine WWE is more nervous about a recent popular superstar basically saying they are an unsafe working environment and have inept medical staff who allows them to work with serious injuries.

The Frazier and Doink lawsuits I would think they could get thrown out easily enough. Vis was like 500 pounds forever and hadn't worked there in years, and Doink had been gone for ages.

I dunno, keep in mind that they're taking Punk to court, not the other way around. If they're paranoid, it's probably about the people who are currently taking them to court. And when you think about it, if people could say for certain that Bryan had been wrestling on the road for a couple of weeks after receiving a concussion, that'd be some real ammunition for the prosecution in those lawsuits.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 23, '15, 9:46 pm

I'm so happy.

I wish that there was some sort of positive gesture that I could take part in that involved throwing my hands into the air, but I can't think of one...

In all seriousness, I hope that Bryan gives it time to make sure that he's 100% okay. I really would hate to see the guy have to live out his life in unrelenting pain. He's too awesome to have to deal with that kind of shit purely for our entertainment.

Plus, the eventual Bryan vs Balor will likely be the best WWE match of all time so he should wait until Balor gets called up to come back. :P

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE