It is currently: May 09, '24, 11:27 am

Transgender wrestlers in WWE?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Transgender wrestlers in WWE?

Postby VaderBomb » May 11, '15, 11:29 am

Do you guys think that Vince would allow transgender wrestlers to work for WWE while he's alive and on top?

Other wrestling promotions are accepting, but I hate to say that I doubt that Vince would jump on board. McMahon's been known in the past for being weirdly stubborn and closed-minded considering certain topics such as feminism and racial equality. I honestly can't see the old man trying it out.

On the other hand, I could see Triple H and Steph signing some progressive new deals for NXT but I wonder if it would possibly happen while Vince is still running the game.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Transgender wrestlers in WWE?

Postby Everlong » May 11, '15, 11:40 am

He'd be willing to do it so long as they were willing to wrestle in a ridiculously degrading gimmick.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » May 11, '15, 11:45 am

Everlong wrote:He'd be willing to do it so long as they were willing to wrestle in a ridiculously degrading gimmick.

Sad but likely true.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » May 11, '15, 11:53 am

As long as they're not black or wear snap backs.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » May 11, '15, 12:16 pm

Oh I'd say he'd be willing to put them on television if he thought it'd attract some extra attention, but they'd be treated awfully. I'd hate to see a transgender wrestler in WWE just because of what they'd inevitably be put through, and how offensive it would be to other transgender people in turn.

It would be great if wrestling could get to a point where it could deal with issues like this with some kind of taste and professionalism, but it's hard to see it happening any time soon. Vince in particular can't deal with any issues of race, gender or sexuality without offending everyone, and wrestling has a lot of loud obnoxious fans who might be likely to start degrading chants about people who are a little different.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » May 11, '15, 2:37 pm

Yeah, people can talk about Vince all they want. The real problem would be the fans in attendance. The reason the WWE puts people like that in the position they ultimately do is more about how a huge portion of wrestling fans see those people than most wrestling fans would want to admit.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » May 11, '15, 2:45 pm

The Legend wrote:Yeah, people can talk about Vince all they want. The real problem would be the fans in attendance. The reason the WWE puts people like that in the position they ultimately do is more about how a huge portion of wrestling fans see those people than most wrestling fans would want to admit.

Because Vince McMahon is so in touch with both how society judges certain groups of people, AND what his fans want. :P

I agree totally that the fans themselves are an issue, if the company ever wants to tackle more mature content in a more mature way. Fans can be dicks. And they're used to shouting obscenities at wrestlers and chanting whatever they want, and in certain circumstances it's easy to imagine them crossing the line. They have done so in the past with female or homosexual (at least in kayfabe) talent.

Though they were being encouraged to do so in approximately 100% of these cases.

When Vince presents people in negative stereotypical ways, it's not because he respects the dickishness of his audience. It's because he's a dick, and probably a bigot. A lot of fans undoubtedly are too, but lets not give them the credit for his assholery.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby PorkChop » May 11, '15, 4:13 pm

I certainly hope this doesn't happen, especially not while Vince McMahon is alive.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Locke » May 12, '15, 10:50 am

There are some moral issues with this:

WWE hasn't allowed men and women in the ring (to fight each other) for years now. So when a lady becomes a man, and fans are aware of this, and wrestles other men.. it's still -technically- a woman being attacked by other men. I see issues from that. Much in the same vein, if a man becomes a woman, should he still be able to join the divas when people know it will be a man playing a very meticulous form of dress up against actual women?

Didn't the UFC have issues with this as well? This isn't just a black and white issue, I see too many complications.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Hanley! » May 12, '15, 11:01 am

^^ Given that wrestling is fake, it shouldn't be as big an issue. It's not like the transgender would be at an advantage or disadvantage, except in kayfabe. And if booked tactfully, something like that could actually be used to drive a storyline or character.

Again though, I think booking something like this well takes a lot of finesse, and WWE doesn't have any. So lets hope the current group on top never attempt something like this.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » May 12, '15, 12:13 pm

As long as they weren't too Swiss.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby EmperorWu » May 12, '15, 9:11 pm

So have there ever been any transgender pro wrestlers? If not are they going to cross dress someone and have them pretend they are transgender? That seems about as insulting as anything WWE would do.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 12, '15, 9:51 pm

Do none of you remember the spirit squad?

Thats as close as vince will get to transgender

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby VaderBomb » May 12, '15, 9:59 pm

EmperorWu wrote:So have there ever been any transgender pro wrestlers? If not are they going to cross dress someone and have them pretend they are transgender? That seems about as insulting as anything WWE would do.

I was specifically referencing actual transgender wrestlers, not gimmicks. A kayfabe transgender gimmick would likely be pretty offensive from any way and I wouldn't even presume that idea would even get accepted by Vince.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » May 15, '15, 10:06 pm

Tamina.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby VaderBomb » May 16, '15, 12:21 am

Chewy wrote:Tamina.

She could make for a pretty decent dude, I guess. If we're still all doing the dick sucking bet then I'll suck off a transgender Tamina for free.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » May 17, '15, 11:53 am

EmperorWu wrote:So have there ever been any transgender pro wrestlers? If not are they going to cross dress someone and have them pretend they are transgender? That seems about as insulting as anything WWE would do.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to WWE