It is currently: May 07, '24, 11:14 pm

Rollins vs Orton vs Roman Reigns

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Rollins vs Orton vs Roman Reigns

Postby Hanley! » May 02, '15, 10:35 am

Does this strike anyone else as daft booking?

Reigns isn't ready to be back in the mix for the championship. They just got cold feed about giving him the title a month ago, but now they're throwing him back in the main event scene immediately? It makes no sense. A month isn't going to make that much of a difference: the problems are still there. Why not have him feud with Wyatt for a while and start to get the fans on his side a bit more?

Besides, we already saw a triple threat title match at the Royal Rumble. And at Wrestlemania (technically). Shouldn't they be saving the next triple threat title match for the one that could make some money?

Maybe I'm wrong, but in my mind all three guys from the Shield fighting for the title could be a good draw on pay per view. Even for one of the bigger shows. Maybe not Wrestlemania, but it would be great at Summerslam. Maybe even Survivor Series or the Rumble. Rollins vs Reigns vs Ambrose sounds like money to me. Replace Ambrose with Orton and you have a big pile of nothing. Now it just seems like a random filler match where nothing of consequence will happen.

Which is probably exactly what it is.

I just don't understand how this is the option they've gone with when there are so many better ones out there. Orton & Rollins could have been given a decent pay off at Payback, in a match less stupidly overbooked than the Extreme Rules match. And with less Kane. Or if they didn't want to do Rollins vs Orton again, they could have had Rollins fight Cena or somebody instead (that Rusev feud should have ended at Extreme Rules anyway).

The triple threat stipulation should have been saved for Summerslam where they could have done it with Ambrose instead of Orton and made some actual money out of it. They could have had Rollins vs Ambrose for the title the month before Summerslam, the triple threat at Summerslam, and that would segway nicely into a Rollins vs Reigns feud going into the fall. It practically writes itself.

Is anybody actually excited for Rollins vs Reigns vs Orton? It just seems so blah to me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Rollins vs Orton vs Roman Reigns

Postby Str8Shooter » May 02, '15, 12:03 pm

I have no idea why they suddenly decided to thrust Reigns back into the spotlight. I mean the guy is just now starting to rebuild some credibility with the fans and not get booed out of the building and they should have let that continue for several more months at least before putting him back in the title picture.

They could have easily put Orton vs Rollins again, it's not like they're afraid of putting rematches on Payback, we're seeing Cena and Rusev for a 4th straight PPV. Hell, I may have even done a Rollins vs Orton vs Kane triple threat if they were dead set on it. At least Kane has been involved in the storyline and it keeps Reigns free.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Return to WWE