It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 5:20 am

Enzo, Cass & Carmella

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Enzo, Cass & Carmella

Postby Hanley! » Apr 30, '15, 5:11 pm

Am I alone in thinking a catchphrase should preferably not last over five minutes?

I like that these guys are trying to bring catchphrases back to wrestling. But having them come out and say the exact same thing every week is a bit tiresome when it goes on for so long. Catchphrases should be short and snappy, and you should be able to lead into them in different ways.

I'd prefer it if 'You can't teach that' became a phrase of theirs without them having to do the whole big thing every time. The other catchphrases are fine. A lot of fun even. But that first one is sooooo long. And tends to lead straight into the others to make it worse.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Enzo, Cass & Carmella

Postby The Legend » Apr 30, '15, 5:19 pm

It's just like when Road Dogg would come out to the ring and say the same thing every week and I loved that. Enzo is the same for me.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 30, '15, 5:22 pm

Yeah, I guess I liked it with Road Dogg too. He was probably better in that role though. I just find their entrance a bit tiresome after a while.

Part of it might be that wrestlers introducing themselves has become a pet peeve of mine. Almost every catchphrase in wrestling over the last several years has been a way for the wrestler to introduce themselves. We know who you are fuckers, now get on with it. :lol

I blame Mr. Kennedy.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 30, '15, 9:34 pm

Yeah I can't say I agree with you. I'm loving their dynamic and the whole thing they do. Their whole thing is so different from what we've seen in a while. Like Legend said, I can't recall anyone doing something like this since the Outlaws did back in the day, and that was a long time ago.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SortaCreative » May 01, '15, 12:40 pm

I personally love it.

AND YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT.

HOW YOU DOIN'?!

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » May 01, '15, 1:10 pm

Maybe it's cos it's a 50 minute show or something. The same routine taking up 5 of those minutes every week is just too much.

I like the catchphrases, and I like their energy it's just the big long "This is this person and you can't teach that" bit that goes on for fucking ever. At first I liked it, after a few weeks I didn't really care anymore, and now it bugs me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » May 03, '15, 2:00 pm

Hanley! wrote:Maybe it's cos it's a 50 minute show or something. The same routine taking up 5 of those minutes every week is just too much.

I like the catchphrases, and I like their energy it's just the big long "This is this person and you can't teach that" bit that goes on for fucking ever. At first I liked it, after a few weeks I didn't really care anymore, and now it bugs me.

HOW YOU DOIN

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Hanley! » May 03, '15, 4:09 pm

Is it weird that I read that in Joey Tribiani's voice? :lol

How you doin, is grand though. It's just that introductory 'catchphrase' that's irritating.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 03, '15, 4:18 pm

I'd tend to agree that it's gotten overlong, especially since the introduction of Carmella. I do enjoy it though, and the crowd are really into it. I think they're easily the act in NXT that would translate the best being called up to the main roster. They're goofy and fun and easy to get into, and you don't need context to enjoy they're shtick.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SortaCreative » May 03, '15, 5:06 pm

Hanley! wrote:Is it weird that I read that in Joey Tribiani's voice? :lol

It was only a matter of time until you developed feelings for me. I hope you can forgive me when I tell you that i'm constantly breaking peoples hearts. I'm going to have to break yours. I'm a certified G. And a bonafide playa.

HOW YOU DOIN

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » May 03, '15, 5:50 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
Hanley! wrote:Is it weird that I read that in Joey Tribiani's voice? :lol

It was only a matter of time until you developed feelings for me. I hope you can forgive me when I tell you that i'm constantly breaking peoples hearts. I'm going to have to break yours. I'm a certified G. And a bonafide playa.

HOW YOU DOIN

Swoon.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to WWE