It is currently: May 07, '24, 4:03 pm

Bryan busted open and getting stitches on SmackDown

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Bryan busted open and getting stitches on SmackDown

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 03, '15, 10:52 am

Pretty gory stuff.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Bryan busted open and getting stitches on SmackDown

Postby Locke » Apr 03, '15, 12:33 pm

I just can't figure out how it happened. The headbutts don't look that crazy, and he clearly misses the announce tables when he falls.

It's such a HUGE gash. I wonder if Sheamus had something like a hair-tie or sharp bead or something in his beard did it.. something that normally you wouldn't think would inflict damage but in the heat of the moment + momentum and speed happened to gash DB open.

I've clunked my head on shit really hard, including other heads, and I've even nailed sharp corners on cabinet doors and stuff directly, and at most only ever managed a puncture wound. Glass is the only thing that's ever slit me that deep. Not that I'm any expert, just saying, it's hard for me to see how this big of a gash happened.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby PorkChop » Apr 03, '15, 12:56 pm

Locke wrote:I just can't figure out how it happened. The headbutts don't look that crazy, and he clearly misses the announce tables when he falls.

I'm stumped as well. Perhaps it was Sheamus' elbow when he's on the apron - I've seen elbows do some pretty horrific stuff in MMA, but still, I'm surprised at the damage Bryan took from that.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Locke » Apr 03, '15, 1:17 pm

^Yeah, elbows on eyes, noses, mouths, etc.. but that specific spot on the forehead? Maybe I'm just lucky but mine just won't bleed unless it's involving sharp edges.. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Apr 03, '15, 1:21 pm

Locke wrote:^Yeah, elbows on eyes, noses, mouths, etc.. but that specific spot on the forehead? Maybe I'm just lucky but mine just won't bleed unless it's involving sharp edges.. :lol

Repeated trauma also has an impact versus just doing it once. I think it probably was the repeated headbutts. Think of it like playing bloody knuckles. You hit the wall once it probably won't bleed, but by the fourth or fifth time you've done it to the same spot over and over it's probably going to bleed.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Locke » Apr 03, '15, 11:06 pm

^Agreed, but flat blunt trauma usually has more of a "mashed potatoes" look though, not a straight up and down half inch wide gash. Nothing about that looked natural at all. :lol

I'm starting to wonder if in Vince's desperation for realism and raitings, he's found a new way to "blade" that isn't "blading" so to speak. Between this and Brock (and both needing stitches), I'm bamboozled. Brock hit that pole but still made it look professional and not 100% real. Bryan did it and it looked 20% (or less) real.

ALIENS

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to WWE