It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:29 am

Unpopular Opinions

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Unpopular Opinions

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 12:24 pm

What's your unpopular WWE related opinions? Do you think that ____ is better than ____, or that _____ should be push ahead of ____, etc.

Maybe make it all of wrestling as well, fuck it.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Postby Viazon » Mar 04, '15, 12:29 pm

Well, I'm sure this is one. I am enjoying the current IC Championship storyline leading up to Wrestlemania.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Mar 04, '15, 12:30 pm

There are probably ten wrestlers in the WWE that I prefer in the ring to Daniel Bryan. I don't think he's close to the best they have right now. And as a character, he's boring, he's irritating and he's cheap. I like to see him win, because it pleases the audience and it pisses me off that WWE ignores their audience so constantly. But is he the guy I wanted to main event Wrestlemania? No.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 12:33 pm

Viazon wrote:Well, I'm sure this is one. I am enjoying the current IC Championship storyline leading up to Wrestlemania.

I sensed that from you, for some reason. May I ask why? What's the redeeming factor for you?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 12:34 pm

Hanley! wrote:There are probably ten wrestlers in the WWE that I prefer in the ring to Daniel Bryan. I don't think he's close to the best they have right now. And as a character, he's boring, he's irritating and he's cheap. I like to see him win, because it pleases the audience and it pisses me off that WWE ignores their audience so constantly. But is he the guy I wanted to main event Wrestlemania? No.

Now I think the list is a bit shorter than ten if we're counting guys on the main roster, but I wholeheartedly agree. I am much more bitter about Ziggler not getting the push than Bryan not getting the push.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Mar 04, '15, 12:41 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Viazon wrote:Well, I'm sure this is one. I am enjoying the current IC Championship storyline leading up to Wrestlemania.

I sensed that from you, for some reason. May I ask why? What's the redeeming factor for you?

Because everyone is getting involved. It's not just that they have shoved six guys together for this match. I mean, that is what they have done, from a backstage point of view. But it's not like they had a brawl on Raw and then they just decided to put them in a match. It's not the greatest build up, but at least it has a little bit of build up. And this little thing they have with other Wrestlers keeping on stealing Barretts title all the time is kind of cool I think. Could that get a bit stale if they keep doing that every week leading up to Mania? Probably. But who knows how it will turn out. I know Barrett has lost damn near all of his matches lately, but they haven't exactly been clean losses. He keeps getting distracted by his title being stolen that it always costs him the match. It's just nice that they are giving this title and these wrestlers notable screen time week in and week out in build up to this match. Also, I am actually glad that R-Truth is doing something of worth. He deserves a Wrestlemania match as much as anyone.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 12:43 pm

I was happy to see Truth as well. I think he's a good worker overall and having him get a WrestleMania payday is fine by me for sure. Wade's looked weak but to me that makes me think he's going to regain his title. I hope he does. It would be a good rub for Wade and the title he's carrying.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 12:48 pm

I don't think Dolph Ziggler is all that great. I mean he's good in the ring and all, but I don't think he's particularly good on the microphone and he thinks he's funnier than he is. He's also his own worst enemy by saying stuff on Twitter that pisses WWE off and helps ruin any push he might get. Example from Monday when he tweeted that "#AxelMania > #Cenation". I mean from a storyline perspective Cena saved his job, shouldn't he be being nice to him?

That said he is over and should be getting a bigger push than he is.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 12:49 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I don't think Dolph Ziggler is all that great. I mean he's good in the ring and all, but I don't think he's particularly good on the microphone and he thinks he's funnier than he is. He's also his own worst enemy by saying stuff on Twitter that pisses WWE off and helps ruin any push he might get. Example from Monday when he tweeted that "#AxelMania > #Cenation". I mean from a storyline perspective Cena saved his job, shouldn't he be being nice to him?

His mic work is good IMO. Just not world beating. I think he's better on the mic than say Daniel Bryan, who has a Bret Hart approach to his mic work.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Mar 04, '15, 12:53 pm

If we're going historical with our unpopular opinions, here's one: by the end of his career Bret was pretty awesome on the mic. Better than a lot of wrestlers who are rarely called out for having bad mic skills.

Ziggler has never proven himself to be great on the mic, but he seems comfortable enough talking in front of people, so I've always been curious to see what he could do with some better material. He's rarely allowed to talk, and when he does he rarely has much to say. I do think he's probably better than the likes of Bryan.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 12:53 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:I don't think Dolph Ziggler is all that great. I mean he's good in the ring and all, but I don't think he's particularly good on the microphone and he thinks he's funnier than he is. He's also his own worst enemy by saying stuff on Twitter that pisses WWE off and helps ruin any push he might get. Example from Monday when he tweeted that "#AxelMania > #Cenation". I mean from a storyline perspective Cena saved his job, shouldn't he be being nice to him?

His mic work is good IMO. Just not world beating. I think he's better on the mic than say Daniel Bryan, who has a Bret Hart approach to his mic work.

Yeah I would say he's comparable to Bryan in mic work. But Bryan I'd say has a slightly better connection with the crowd. I feel like Bryan is more naturally likeable.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 12:55 pm

I feel like that just stems from the fact Daniel was in your face more often than not. Give Ziggler his push and you'd see similar (better IMO) reactions from the fans. Hard to connect with a guy who's got a main event personality, but is jobbing in the midcard.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Mar 04, '15, 12:56 pm

Unpopular opinion: Nikki Bella is actually pretty good. She's pretty good in the ring now, she has a bit of attitude and she's clearly in amazing shape. She's earned the spot she's in right now, even if there are others who are as good or better than her on the roster. She's pulling her weight. She's also pulling her sister's weight more often than not, because Brie remains terrible.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Mar 04, '15, 12:57 pm

Hanley! wrote:Unpopular opinion: Nikki Bella is actually pretty good. She's pretty good in the ring now, she has a bit of attitude and she's clearly in amazing shape. She's earned the spot she's in right now, even if there are others who are as good or better than her on the roster. She's pulling her weight. She's also pulling her sister's weight more often than not, because Brie remains terrible.

I don't think this one is all that unpopular these days honestly.

Here's one that I have that would probably be considered unpopular in most circles: if I were creating a list of the greatest WWE/pro wrestling wrestlers/stars of all time, neither Undertaker nor Shawn Michaels would be in my top ten, despite them holding the top two spots on WWE's own list.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 04, '15, 12:58 pm

Hanley! wrote:Unpopular opinion: Nikki Bella is actually pretty good. She's pretty good in the ring now, she has a bit of attitude and she's clearly in amazing shape. She's earned the spot she's in right now, even if there are others who are as good or better than her on the roster. She's pulling her weight. She's also pulling her sister's weight more often than not, because Brie remains terrible.

I don't think many would argue with that, she's been pretty alright since she began actually doing something other than plaster on a smile and shake her arse.

Everlong wrote:Here's one that I have that would probably be considered unpopular in most circles: if I were creating a list of the greatest WWE wrestlers/stars of all time, neither Undertaker nor Shawn Michaels would be in my top ten, despite them holding the top two spots on WWE's own list.

I agree about Taker, Michaels might sneak in for me, I'm not thinking of a full list though so I'm not sure if there's a few guys I'm forgetting who I'd prefer.

Last edited by SlightlyJames on Mar 04, '15, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 1:00 pm

Hanley! wrote:If we're going historical with our unpopular opinions, here's one: by the end of his career Bret was pretty awesome on the mic. Better than a lot of wrestlers who are rarely called out for having bad mic skills.

Ziggler has never proven himself to be great on the mic, but he seems comfortable enough talking in front of people, so I've always been curious to see what he could do with some better material. He's rarely allowed to talk, and when he does he rarely has much to say. I do think he's probably better than the likes of Bryan.

I wasn't around during the Hitman era. I've heard his early stuff, very monotone, but still he kept your attention. How good was he, exactly? Could you provide an example?

Unpopular opinion: Nikki Bella is actually pretty good. She's pretty good in the ring now, she has a bit of attitude and she's clearly in amazing shape. She's earned the spot she's in right now, even if there are others who are as good or better than her on the roster. She's pulling her weight. She's also pulling her sister's weight more often than not, because Brie remains terrible.

I agree. She's got a good look and personality. Only thing that bothers me is her boob job LMAO. She has gotten a lot better, she's tolerable now, compared to what I thought of her years prior.

Here's one that I have that would probably be considered unpopular in most circles: if I were creating a list of the greatest WWE wrestlers/stars of all time, neither Undertaker nor Shawn Michaels would be in my top ten, despite them holding the top two spots on WWE's own list.

How do you not have HBK in your top ten man? Taker is a guy you either love or hate, but Shawn? I mean yeah he was a prick, his return was...meh. His DX shit with HHH was awful the third time around. He did some incredible things in the 90's however...I never saw it live, but the matches he had back then were good. Is it because he was a top guy during the dark ages of the WWE?

Last edited by Circled Square on Mar 04, '15, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 1:01 pm

I'd agree with this, I actually don't think Brie is all that terrible in the ring either. On the mic of course she is though :lol . They've both improved and are probably unfairly targeted by fans because of Total Divas and their relationships to some of the top male stars.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 1:02 pm

Everlong wrote:Here's one that I have that would probably be considered unpopular in most circles: if I were creating a list of the greatest WWE/pro wrestling wrestlers/stars of all time, neither Undertaker nor Shawn Michaels would be in my top ten, despite them holding the top two spots on WWE's own list.

What! I can see a point with Taker just because it took until later in his career for him to start racking up some good matches and he had a lot of crap he was saddled with throughout his career. But HBK!? For someone to be one of the best out there, suffer a terrible injury and retire for 4 years, come back and maybe even be better? He's the man.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 04, '15, 1:03 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I actually don't think Brie is all that terrible in the ring either. On the mic of course she is though :lol . They've both improved and are probably unfairly targeted by fans because of Total Divas and their relationships to some of the top male stars.

I still have nightmares about Brie screaming DANYOOOOOOOL over and over again in that Kane segment last year.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 1:03 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:

I'd agree with this, I actually don't think Brie is all that terrible in the ring either. On the mic of course she is though :lol . They've both improved and are probably unfairly targeted by fans because of Total Divas and their relationships to some of the top male stars.

Not to be sexist but some women just don't sound good when they are speaking on the mic. Steph is fantastic on the mic though. Just sometimes when you've got one of the Bellas being a bitchy heel into the mic, the voices just sound annoying. IDK.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Next

Return to WWE