It is currently: May 10, '24, 1:01 am

CM Punks shows staph infection scar in video interview

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

CM Punks shows staph infection scar in video interview

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 21, '15, 9:34 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/554589- ... llegations

It's tough to see from the perspective of the camera but judging by the reactions of the hosts and the way Punk so confidently puts it out there makes me believe that Punk is the truthful one considering this controversy. It seems as though WWE is suing Punk and Cabana to cover up the Cassandra Frazier lawsuit which references Punk's comments and Benoit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: CM Punks shows staph infection scar in video interview

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 21, '15, 9:42 pm

VaderBomb wrote:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/554589-cm-punk-wwe-medical-allegations

It's tough to see from the perspective of the camera but judging by the reactions of the hosts and the way Punk so confidently puts it out there makes me believe that Punk is the truthful one considering this controversy. It seems as though WWE is suing Punk and Cabana to cover up the Cassandra Frazier lawsuit which references Punk's comments and Benoit.

WWE isn't suing Punk, it's their doctor and his own personal lawsuit If i heard correctly isn't it?

I don't know who to to believe. I can't believe WWE would be on board with this guys lawsuit if they thought there was any chance he would lose and open up a huge can of worms for the company and it's medical policies and staff.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 22, '15, 1:18 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/554589-cm-punk-wwe-medical-allegations

WWE isn't suing Punk, it's their doctor and his own personal lawsuit If i heard correctly isn't it?

I don't know who to to believe. I can't believe WWE would be on board with this guys lawsuit if they thought there was any chance he would lose and open up a huge can of worms for the company and it's medical policies and staff.

Yes, the doctor is suing Punk and Cabana but he's WWE's doctor, so I can only assume that it's a political thing considering the Cassandra Frazier lawsuit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » Feb 22, '15, 5:07 pm

The issue isn't really if CM Punk had a staph infection. What will be put to the question is when did he get the staph infection and when, if ever, did he inform the WWE about his concerns regarding it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 22, '15, 5:19 pm

I'd imagine alot of this rests on evidence. If Punk has verbally relayed his concerns to the doctor then I doubt, considering how serious his issue was, that they'd have documented it. I doubt Punk has written anything down (a log of what he's done to tell his 'employer' of his issue) so hard to see Punk being able to beat the WWE machine.

EDIT: WWE alleging nothing was documented but I assume the relationship between a wrestler and a Dr in the WWE is less formalised so it might have been a conversation they had but nothing really noted down on paper.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 22, '15, 8:51 pm

If this was such a huge medical issue, could one not argue that its CM Punks responsibility to seek proper medical help? Sure he might have addressed the problem to wwe doc but if/when the wwe doc failed to respond it would fall back to cm punk to find proper help. If you have a open wound and goto a doctor who shuns it off without providing care are you gonna just stand there and bleed or are you gonna find a doctor who will provide care?

It would be the same as a workers comp claim. If you cut yourself at work your employer is responsible for medical purely from a financial standpoint, they are not required to provide the doctor just pay for the services, having a doctor on staff is just a convenience.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to WWE