It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 1:22 pm

Ridiculous Prediction for the Royal Rumble

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Ridiculous Prediction for the Royal Rumble

Postby Hanley! » Jan 06, '15, 4:05 pm

I'm going to make like @Messiah and make a wild WWE prediction for 2015.

Most people seem to think that Reigns is winning the Rumble and main eventing Wrestlemania, even though he's likely not ready for this kind of push yet. He needs more character development, and he needs to work on his promos. He doesn't seem like the right person to face Brock.

I agree that it's too soon for Reigns, but that doesn't mean WWE won't go ahead with his push. When they get an idea in their heads, it's hard to talk them out of it. But I'm going to make the wild guess that he's not going to be facing Lesnar. I reckon he could be facing Rollins for the title. It's a more personal match for him, and Rollins is more over as a heel than Lesnar is right now so it'd probably get Reigns a bigger reaction.

I'm guessing that Cena wins at the Royal Rumble to capture the championship. Then Rollins cashes in Money in the Bank afterwards and wins the title from him. Meaning Rollins would be champion heading into Wrestlemania. Reigns wins the Rumble to set up the main event.

Lesnar either leaves the WWE for good (a lot of people seem to be expecting this to happen soon), or he sticks around for a match against Bryan at Mania without the title on the line.

I could be way off, but it strikes me as possible. If they really want to shake things up, this wouldn't be a bad way to do it. Reigns would be more likely to get over as champion if he was facing Rollins. Provided he's not the guy to eliminate Bryan from the Rumble he might actually stay in the audience's good graces.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Ridiculous Prediction for the Royal Rumble

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 06, '15, 4:13 pm

Interesting call, but I'd much prefer to see Rollins and Reigns face off for the title much further along down the line, perhaps even after SummerSlam. It's obvious that Reigns just isn't ready for anything close to a match or feud of this caliber and WWE has to realize that.

Bryan vs Brock is the only match that should take place for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The biggest heel vs the biggest face.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 06, '15, 4:14 pm

I don't think there's much of a chance of it. But there's always a chance.

If the things we hear are true and there's a good chance Lesnar is leaving right after Mania and heading back to the UFC, WWE might want to get a head start on their future without Lesnar and give Rollins a chance at Mania. Not likely but if Lesnar's already got one foot out the door....

If I put on my fantasy booking hat, I'd have Bryan beat Lesnar (David vs Goliath) at Mania. The next night on the crazy Raw after Mania, I'd have Rollins cash in MITB via some jerky measure, getting mega heat in the process. You could have Bryan and Rollins feud in the months following Mania. Then you could either have Bryan get the belt back at Summerslam, or if Reigns is ready after the extra time, maybe have Reigns take it off of him.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jan 06, '15, 4:17 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Interesting call, but I'd much prefer to see Rollins and Reigns face off for the title much further along down the line, perhaps even after SummerSlam. It's obvious that Reigns just isn't ready for anything close to a match or feud of this caliber and WWE has to realize that.

Bryan vs Brock is the only match that should take place for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The biggest heel vs the biggest face.

I don't think it should happen. I don't think Reigns should realistically be fighting for the title until Summerslam at least. But I think it is something that may happen, even though he's not ready. And Reigns vs Rollins would be better than Reigns vs Lesnar right now.

It all comes down to how invested they are in having Reigns main event, and how their relationship with Brock is going at the moment.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Jan 08, '15, 1:43 pm

I'd rather see Rollins and Reigns face off after Reigns has won the belt and held it for a couple months. Let Rollins beat him in that feud.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE