It is currently: May 07, '24, 12:56 am

Should Reigns be the guy to beat Rusev at WM?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Should Reigns be the guy to beat Rusev at WM?

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 02, '15, 2:06 pm

Messiah mentioned in another topic that he'd like to see Reigns beat Rusev at WrestleMania, and I think that would be the perfect role for both guys. Neither of them are established outside of WWE, and I believe that they'd make a logical pairing. Rusev has been put over huge with this undefeated streak and Reigns is the most sensible guy to break the streak. He's not solidified enough to deserve to go over someone like Lesnar, but considering his push he clearly needs a big win at WrestleMania.

If Reigns isn't fighting Rollins, then Rusev should take on Reigns who goes over.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Should Reigns be the guy to beat Rusev at WM?

Postby prophet » Jan 02, '15, 2:16 pm

I'd like to see the match-up as it would give two young guys a chance to shine on a massive platform and would indeed provide Reigns with the big rub they want to give him, plus what with the patriotism side to that angle that would inevitably come to play the fans would be well on his side.

Rusev's undefeated streak is becoming tiresome though, largely because they use though whole Russian superiority thing every week, so they'll want to have a true American 'hero' defeat him. Honestly it'll likely be Rusev vs Cena at Wrestlemania with Hogan in Cena's corner or something, nice idea though.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jan 02, '15, 2:37 pm

I dunno, I think Reigns is destined for bigger things than this at Wrestlemania. Even if he's not fighting for the title, I reckon they should give him a big feud against a member of the Authority or something. Rusev has been build up as very credible and impressive, but he still reads mid card act to me.

For personal preference, I think I'd like a smaller guy to end his streak, because that just makes for better storytelling. Rusev is built as this big unstoppable monster, but Reigns is the same size and hasn't suffered many pinfall losses either. His winning won't come across as a huge surprise. But have someone like Ziggler beat his undefeated streak and it'll be a lot more dramatic. Ziggler can sell for the guy like a boss, but refuse to stay down and the crowd would come unglued once he scored the victory.

Bryan would be good in that spot too, but he'll have bigger fish to fry at Wrestlemania. I kinda hope Ziggler does too being honest, but I'm not convinced that he will. So I'll say Ziggler is the guy who should get the honour.

But I'm guessing that Cena will be the one to face Rusev at Wrestlemania and end his unbeaten streak, because who else is there for Cena at this point?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Jan 02, '15, 8:00 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Messiah mentioned in another topic that he'd like to see Reigns beat Rusev at WrestleMania, and I think that would be the perfect role for both guys. Neither of them are established outside of WWE, and I believe that they'd make a logical pairing

Why does it matter that neither of them are established outside of WWE?

I'd prefer Reigns to face someone like Triple H, while Rusev faces someone who could actually use the rub of defeating Rusev to get higher up the card, like Ziggler for example.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DBSoT » Jan 02, '15, 9:21 pm

I like Reigns facing Rusev because it keeps Reigns away from Lesnar. I actually think it will end up being Ziggler vs Rusev at Mania for the unified mid-card titles. I don't see Cena facing Rusev as long as Rusev has the US title. Its not like Cena is going to fight for a mid-card title at Mania. I could also see them extending the Ryback feud out till then. Which would be nice since it seems to be a Rusev feud that doesn't include the patriotism angle. It was fine to have the US vs Russia stuff with Swagger, but now its just annoying and it would be worst if I had to watch Cena/Hogan do it for a month. Oh lord, I just imagined it and I am already annoyed by cheesy dialogue.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby prophet » Jan 03, '15, 7:51 am

I hadn't even contemplated the thought of a Rusev/Ziggler unification match but now I have I really, really like that idea. Book it!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 03, '15, 12:17 pm

PorkChop wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:Messiah mentioned in another topic that he'd like to see Reigns beat Rusev at WrestleMania, and I think that would be the perfect role for both guys. Neither of them are established outside of WWE, and I believe that they'd make a logical pairing

Why does it matter that neither of them are established outside of WWE?

On a personal level, I'd prefer to watch two guys who aren't solidified as world class journeymen to have a chance to put on a really good match as it would give them both a good rub despite a win or a loss.

If I watch a guy like Bryan face Rusev, I'll be upset because Bryan deserves a better opponent and feud. If a guy like Ambrose loses to Rusev at Mania, I'll be a tad bummed because he deserves a more fitting opponent and shouldn't be another notch on Rusev's hit list, especially at Mania. Reigns would be a fair fitting seeing as they both have around the same amount of experience, and a win or loss from either guy would be fair considering their legacies.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 03, '15, 10:04 pm

PorkChop wrote:while Rusev faces someone who could actually use the rub of defeating Rusev to get higher up the card, like Ziggler for example.

I'm not sure Ziggler qualifies for this anymore. The guy beat three men to toss The Authority (the biggest heels of the year) from WWE. If he can't get the rub from that I'm not sure beating Rusev is going to help him.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE