It is currently: May 05, '24, 2:14 am

Worst Match of 2014?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Worst Match of 2014?

Postby Hanley! » Dec 30, '14, 9:47 am

Now that the year has come to an end, what do you think was the worst match of the year?

Admittedly, I've missed a lot more Raw's than I've seen, but I've watched most of the pay per views of the year. So my choice might not be quite the worst match of the year: there might have been an even more terrible match that I managed not to see. But somehow I doubt it.

My vote goes to John Cena vs Bray Wyatt in a Steel Cage match at Extreme Rules. Fucking hell, that match ... :lol

The psychology for that match was just so terrible. Even the lead up to the match was dodgy: Cena decided he needed to face Wyatt in a cage match so that the other members of the Wyatt family couldn't interfere. This was after he beat Wyatt at Wrestlemania, despite interference from the other Wyatts.

The match itself was so much worse though. The face Cena tried to escape the cage, which flies against usual cage match storytelling. Wyatt tried to escape too, despite making it clear in the build up that he didn't care about winning, he just wanted to torment Cena. Eventually, rather than trying to pin Wyatt, Cena threw the other members of the Wyatt Family into the cage, which was somehow supposed to make it easier for him to get out. And then the finish involved the stupid lights out thing, and Cena being defeated by a small child.

But the moment that stands out most to me, and the exact moment where Wyatt's character fell apart, was when he tried to escape the cage using a crab walk when Cena wasn't even looking. That was so cringe.

Was anything worse than this in 2014?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Worst Match of 2014?

Postby The Legend » Dec 30, '14, 10:56 am

Worst match is so much more difficult to determine compared to best match because quite frankly it depends more on your expectations for said match and not purely on technical ability of the match. For example, technically speaking all 52 of the weekly Divas tag team matches that occurred on either Raw or Smackdown were worse than the match you described, but I understand why you didn't include them.

Me personally, any match involving Bo Dallas gets my vote.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Re: Worst Match of 2014?

Postby PorkChop » Dec 30, '14, 11:10 am

I second the Cena vs Wyatt cage match. That was embarrassing for all involved.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to WWE