It is currently: May 12, '24, 2:33 am

What happens with Sting at WrestleMania?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What happens with Sting at WrestleMania?

Postby Tom » Nov 24, '14, 4:17 am

Title says it all. Sting made his first live appearance on a WWE show at Survivor Series. It was clearly done with a plan in mind. But will he wrestle at Mania? Or will he be involved in a match as an enforce or have some other kind of role, possibly promoting a place for him in the Hall of Fame?

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Re: What happens with Sting at WrestleMania?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 24, '14, 5:23 am

I'd say he has at least one match. Crazy thing is he can still go compared to others from his era, I wouldn't be shocked to hear about multiple matches. I am pretty sure HHH will be one, maybe a program with a younger talent like Bray, or ambros would work also.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby The Legend » Nov 24, '14, 7:05 am

I think it's all building to HHH vs Sting at WrestleMania. HHH will win and get his Authority role back.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby HardcoreLegend » Nov 24, '14, 7:12 am

If he is going to face HHH at WM then it is going to be a drawn out feud. I can see them facing off at Royal Rumble, but not quite sure where it goes from there.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby The Legend » Nov 24, '14, 7:43 am

HardcoreLegend wrote:If he is going to face HHH at WM then it is going to be a drawn out feud. I can see them facing off at Royal Rumble, but not quite sure where it goes from there.

I think it will be a combination of it being pretty drawn out and them just not always be a focus of the show so that takes longer.

The way I could see it playing out: HHH takes most of the rest of the year off to sell his being upset at losing, etc. Comes back around the start of the year and the Royal Rumble push and starts to become a nuissance. Gets into the Rumble, where Sting will be as well. They develop it further in February and then blow it off at Mania.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 24, '14, 1:36 pm

Triple H is the perfect opponent for Sting right now. Sting needs to go over in his first match back, and HHH will put him over like a million bucks. I'm confident he can get a decent-to-good match out of Sting, and the feud will be great. I still wanna see Sting/Taker though, so I think there's a possibility of Sting/HHH happening before Wrestlemania, maybe even at TLC. That will be enough to build Sting's credibility for a Taker match at Mania or for putting someone like Wyatt over. But in all likelihood Sting/HHH is happening at Wrestlemania 31.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby prophet » Nov 24, '14, 2:00 pm

Yeah I'd say he's set to face Triple H though we'll know more after tonight hopefully. In every interview he's given to promote the video game he's listed Taker and HHH as the two people he'd most like to work with and I can't see Taker wrestling again so it would seem he's getting his next best thing. Still a good match up for me, Triple H proved last year that he's more than capable of working a top match (albeit he was with Bryan) and his heel mic work has always been up there with the very best so I'd be all for it. Whoever Sting faces is going to get my money, because it's Sting and I've been waiting to see him for a very, very long time :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SKS » Nov 24, '14, 2:23 pm

He's going to fight Hulk Hogan. Bank on it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Triple H fight Sting, but maybe at Royal Rumble instead. Triple H isn't the "icon" that The Undertaker or Hulk Hogan is, despite how awesome Triple H has been lately. I don't think they'd have that match at 'Mania, anyway - I'd view it more like CM Punk vs The Rock. Sure it was big, but it wasn't Cena/Rock big (in the WWE's eyes, at least). Hogan keeps saying he wants a match at 'Mania and they might as well throw him in there with Sting.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby PorkChop » Nov 24, '14, 5:42 pm

Sting vs Triple H would be a pretty entertaining match, moreso than Sting vs Undertaker at this point. I'd totally be down for seeing that.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Nov 24, '14, 5:49 pm

I'm not sold on Sting/Triple H. It's just hard to see it being as good as some other potential matches for Sting. I don't want it to just be another big star vs big star match and receive the same kind of build as we've seen from a number of them in the past. I want to see spectacle with Sting. I want them to try to recreate some of that magic from Nitro 97. While Undertaker might unfortunately not be on the cards anymore, they could have gone for Wyatt or something instead. That would have been one of the few logical uses for Wyatt at this point.

What would make the Triple H feud work is if they concentrated on the Cerebral Assassin element of his character and make it a feud about mind games. I'm not sure exactly what they'll do to justify the two of them fighting, but provided they can establish the feud without making it seem too contrived and then have the two of them go back and forth in a battle of wits over the next few months, I'll be interested in watching the match.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Nov 24, '14, 5:54 pm

SKS wrote:He's going to fight Hulk Hogan. Bank on it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Triple H fight Sting, but maybe at Royal Rumble instead. Triple H isn't the "icon" that The Undertaker or Hulk Hogan is, despite how awesome Triple H has been lately. I don't think they'd have that match at 'Mania, anyway - I'd view it more like CM Punk vs The Rock. Sure it was big, but it wasn't Cena/Rock big (in the WWE's eyes, at least). Hogan keeps saying he wants a match at 'Mania and they might as well throw him in there with Sting.

HHH isn't the icon that Taker or Hogan are, but he does have one advantage over them. He can pass a physical.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 25, '14, 7:21 pm

Hanley! wrote: I'm not sure exactly what they'll do to justify the two of them fighting

Think they handled that at Survivor Series :P

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 26, '14, 8:34 am

I don't think Sting is at all interested in coming back and wrestling some guy half his age and putting him over. He's in WWE to have one last run and one last big match and get his WrestleMania moment. That won't be jobbing to Bray Wyatt.

Triple H is a better fit than Taker is. First off Taker is limited in the ring due to injuries and him vs Sting quite possibly would be terrible in the ring as Sting isn't carrying anybody at this point. Triple H is still fit enough that he can have a good match. Plus the build up with a heel Trips would be light years better than the build for a face vs face match.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Racing Guy » Nov 26, '14, 11:22 am

Sting might not be in his 90's WCW condition but he still looks to be in pretty good shape for his age. A match between him and HHH might be pretty good. It won't be no Angle/Benoit but I doubt it would be "bad". Who thought we would see the day when Sting appears more on WWE TV than the current WWE champion :rotf2

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby Hanley! » Nov 26, '14, 2:20 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I don't think Sting is at all interested in coming back and wrestling some guy half his age and putting him over. He's in WWE to have one last run and one last big match and get his WrestleMania moment. That won't be jobbing to Bray Wyatt.

Triple H is a better fit than Taker is. First off Taker is limited in the ring due to injuries and him vs Sting quite possibly would be terrible in the ring as Sting isn't carrying anybody at this point. Triple H is still fit enough that he can have a good match. Plus the build up with a heel Trips would be light years better than the build for a face vs face match.

He wouldn't have to put Bray over. Whoever Sting faces at Wrestlemania, he should beat them. But he could be a natural pairing for Wyatt's character, and it would help to ramp up the spectacle of Sting being on WWE television. With no Undertaker around, Wyatt is the best fit for the kind of creepy, mind game feud that fans seem to want from Sting's run in the WWE.

Undertaker is still the best fit, because it's what fans want to see. The match could be terrible, but really it wouldn't be about the match. It'd be about the mind games leading up to the match. And then it'd be about the entrances on the night. Just the drama of the whole thing. The match itself could just run 5 minutes and everyone would go home happy provided they laid it on thick with everything else.

I'm worried if Sting faces Triple H then the commentators will go on about how this is a match everyone wanted to see back in the Attitude Era, which wouldn't be true. Also, I'm a little concerned how the feud will play out in general, particularly with the Authority out of power. Sting's crow run saw him fighting against the dominant nWo stable, but the Authority have already been dealt with so he doesn't really have the incentive to fight Triple H. He's already won. If he were a regular member of the roster, that'd be one thing, but he's a retired performer. I'm afraid the feud could be quite contrived if handled badly.

On the other hand, if done well it could be pretty good. Heel vs face is definitely better, face vs face matches have become very tired lately and they never really have the same level of heat anyway. Plus Triple H can cut a decent promo and could help Sting put on a very solid match in the ring. Though it is hard to see the feud being as effective with the Authority out of power.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Heisenberg » Dec 01, '14, 2:25 pm

Buried by the Nose of Doom ..just like wwe did with basically every former wcw star

Heisenberg None specified
Mark
Mark

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Return to WWE