It is currently: May 11, '24, 1:07 pm

New champion crowned on Raw!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

New champion crowned on Raw!

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 17, '14, 7:37 pm

Luke Harper defeated Ziggler for the Intercontinental Title

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: New champion crowned on Raw!

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 17, '14, 9:15 pm

I am disappointed by this. Not that Luke isn't worthy or it being the wrong time to pull the belt from dolph, but the way it happened. It's fairly evident that they want harper to become a singles competitor and break away from the whole wyatt family stuff. Why book him to win a singles title after his competition gets beaten down by 3 other men? IMO, harper should have went one on one tonight and lost via interference, go to survivor series and just decimate Ziggler during the 5 on 5 match, then depending on the outcome either be awarded a title match on Raw after SS by HHH or have Ziggler challenge harper only to drop the belt.

If you want a guy to break away from tag teams, don't book him to win shady victories by involving multiple other people on his behalf.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby prophet » Nov 18, '14, 12:47 pm

^ I thought it made perfect sense to book the match. The Authority needed a team player and Harper stepped forward so they rewarded him with a title match. Sure it would have made a bigger impact if he'd have won the match on his own clean but they still gave him the big rub and didn't completely bury Ziggler whilst doing so.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Tom » Nov 18, '14, 3:19 pm

prophet wrote:^ I thought it made perfect sense to book the match. The Authority needed a team player and Harper stepped forward so they rewarded him with a title match. Sure it would have made a bigger impact if he'd have won the match on his own clean but they still gave him the big rub and didn't completely bury Ziggler whilst doing so.

Yeah, I was perfectly happy with how it went down. Sure Harper could have won it in a more convincing fashion but it fits in perfectly with the storyline leading into Survivor Series. Plus I am sure Harper will get the chance to face Ziggler and probably beat him more impressively in the near future.

Being honest, I am actually happy with the build up to the Survivor Series match this year. I think they have done a great job of putting across the authority as the manipulative and controlling stable at the top of the organisation. Meanwhile, it has done a good job of giving superstars some momentum that they have needed. Ziggler is being put in a position that is reflective of the way the fans feel he has been treated by the company. Ryback seems to have gained some momentum that I felt he would never gain again. He actually looks like a badass, and I am interested in seeing him again. Rollins has also gained more momentum by taking out Orton, and it's great that he is the guy the authority want to be at the top. It does wonders for his credibility.

I have my doubts that WWE will be able to continue building the momentum with Ziggler and Ryback, and I do think the match is fairly predictable as well. But I have actually been interested in the storyline and build up to the match so far. It will be interesting to see if the authority lose what will happen next. The unfortunate thing is that I don't think they will!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Return to WWE