It is currently: May 05, '24, 9:52 pm

Hulk Hogan training for one more WWE match, possibly against Cena

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Hulk Hogan training for one more WWE match, possibly against Cena

Postby Messiah » Aug 03, '14, 5:16 pm

http://whatculture.com/wwe/hulk-hogan-s ... n-cena.php

Hulk Hogan made some waves this weekend at his New Jersey “Hulk Hogan Uncut” event, in which he dropped some major news.

The wrestling icon surprised fans when he said that he’s been training for one more WWE match, noting that he wanted it to be against 15-time world champion John Cena. Hogan has been praising Cena in the media of late, even saying that he considers Cena the greatest WWE champion of all time.

I wonder if this has as much merit as him claiming to have torn every muscle in his back lifting Andre and him continuing with the WrestleMania X8 match despite broken ribs.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Hulk Hogan training for one more WWE match, possibly against Cena

Postby Hanley! » Aug 03, '14, 6:34 pm

Part of me almost hopes that Cena vs Hogan actually happens, because I'm curious to see whether it actually would be the crappest main event of all time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 03, '14, 6:37 pm

Hanley! wrote:Part of me almost hopes that Cena vs Hogan actually happens, because I'm curious to see whether it actually would be the crappest main event of all time.

I'm not so sure it would be the worst. The crowd reaction alone would prevent that from happening.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Kyle » Aug 03, '14, 8:36 pm

Ugh.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby PorkChop » Aug 04, '14, 5:27 am

Kill me

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby SortaCreative » Aug 04, '14, 7:59 am

Plsno. :banghead

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 04, '14, 8:23 am

Tell me you guys don't really believe him? Hogan has been known to tell many a tall tale through his years.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Aug 04, '14, 8:41 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Tell me you guys don't really believe him? Hogan has been known to tell many a tall tale through his years.

It's not exactly hard to believe though is it?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 04, '14, 8:43 am

prophet wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Tell me you guys don't really believe him? Hogan has been known to tell many a tall tale through his years.

I think he probably believes it :lol

Doesn't mean it'll happen though, especially when we've heard for years he can't take any bumps. If he could he would have done something physical since he's come back to WWE.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Aug 04, '14, 8:46 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
prophet wrote:

I think he probably believes it :lol

Doesn't mean it'll happen though, especially when we've heard for years he can't take any bumps. If he could he would have done something physical since he's come back to WWE.

True, but Bret Hart returned for a match at Wrestlemania not so long back and he didn't take a bump. It wouldn't be too out of the question for Hogan to do something similar.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Postby Everlong » Aug 04, '14, 9:02 am

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually think it could make for a cool moment and while I wouldn't be a proponent of it happening, I'd definitely watch if it did.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Aug 04, '14, 12:32 pm

Everlong wrote:Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually think it could make for a cool moment and while I wouldn't be a proponent of it happening, I'd definitely watch if it did.

I can't believe you're saying it either. :lol

The old timers coming back has long been an annoyance of mine, particularly the ones who can't put on a performance anymore. Triple H wrestling at a major pay per view is one thing, Hulk Hogan wrestling there is quite another. At least Triple H is likely to put on an entertaining match.

But another annoyance is when they bring these guys back and pair them with Cena. I don't know why they think it's a good idea. It doesn't make Cena any less annoying, or make the old timers seem any more relevant. If anything, many of them manage to make Cena look like less of a star.

I guess I have a hard time watching Cena against anyone these days, but watching him against an old nostalgia act is worse still. It just means that nobody in the match is really catering to today's viewers. Nobody is trying to do anything new or different or interesting. Just the "same old shit".

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kirbi » Aug 04, '14, 12:44 pm

This sounds like just another thing that'd make me pretty happy, after the fact, that I missed another WWE PPV. Well done there - it's gotta be hard to keep that kind of streak going when you have so much talent on your books.

:clap

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 04, '14, 12:49 pm

I want to see this match to see how awful it would be. Car-crash wrestling viewing.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby JPG619 » Aug 04, '14, 9:28 pm

Well if it does happen just don't have the tittle on the line and not at a major PPV where you just waste the match were another wreslier could of had the chance. I don't see any point for part-timers to have matches when guys work there asses off all year and get nothing.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Heisenberg » Aug 05, '14, 8:26 am

Hogan vs Cena ... The Legdrop of doom vs the man who really cant wrestle :banghead

Heisenberg None specified
Mark
Mark

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Stvtayl » Aug 08, '14, 7:05 am

I can't see ANY point in this match going ahead, not even in a clash of the Titans style match, because Hogan is no longer a titan, he can't perform in the ring any more because of all his back problems. So what achievement would it give Cena WHEN he wins....................yay he beat a 60+ year old who can hardly move.................what an achievement, and if Higan won, which he wouldn't, but hey suspending belief, if he won, what would that achieve..............would there have to be a Hogan-Cena 2 for Cena to regain his belief in himself.

I mean really what is the point, we wouldn't even have the great Rock Promo's to listen to, all the promo's between Cena and Hogan would be loved up respect codswallop.

No shouldn't happen and hopefully won't.

My All time Fave 6 Diva's & Knockouts :)
Stvtayl None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 15

Return to WWE