It is currently: May 19, '24, 4:06 pm

WWE Roster: Release 3, Bring back 3, Hire 3 fresh faces, and give a gimmick overhaul to 3

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE Roster: Release 3, Bring back 3, Hire 3 fresh faces, and give a gimmick overhaul to 3

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 04, '14, 8:39 pm

Adam Rose
Alberto Del Rio
Bad News Barrett
Big E
Big Show
Bo Dallas
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
Curtis Axel
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Diego
Dolph Ziggler
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Erick Rowan
Fandango
Fernando
Goldust
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Jack Swagger
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
John Cena
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
The Miz
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ricardo Rodriguez
Rob Van Dam
Roman Reigns
Rusev
Ryback
Santino Marella
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Stardust/Cody Rhodes
Titus O'Neil
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder

I would release David Otunga. He's been inactive for a really long time and I don't really miss him at all. He has a decent presence but not enough to make him valuable by any means. He was also pretty terrible in the ring. I would also release Rey Mysterio for his own well being. I still love Rey, but his time is up. Khali can also go, WWE has no need for him anymore.

Bringing back guys who used to be employed by WWE, I'd take back Chris Hero, John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin. Hero is a veteran who could fill the void that Edge left that still has yet to be filled. Morrison and Benjamin are two upper mid carders that could put on great or at least consistently entertaining matches with just about anybody. New guys and mainstays alike could benefit from having these two solid athletes back on the roster. Actually fuck. Colt Cabana would be another great choice. So yeah, forget about Morrison and bring back Cabana.

Snatching up 3 fresh faces? According to recent reports, KENTA and Kevin Steen are coming to WWE respectively, so I'll leave them out of this. The three fresh guys who I would bring in would be Prince Devitt, Naomichi Marufuji and Zack Sabre, Jr. They are three of the best in the world and would do amazing on the biggest stage in wrestling.

Gimmick overhauls? Kofi Kingston instantly springs to mind. As I've said before, I'd have his character involved in some sort of in-ring accident, rendering him consciously unaware of who he used to be. I'd give him Leo Krueger's old gimmick of a totally crazy African big-game hunter, well at least he'd think that's who he was. He'd clearly be delusional but everybody but Kingston would know the truth. It would be really fresh after all of these years of staleness.

Speaking of stale, Sheamus needs a new gimmick. Maybe not a new gimmick, but I'd make him into more of a badass heel, who drinks beer and gets in fights. Sort of like when he started out, but with a little more Finlay influence. He's a solid worker but his character is beyond annoying.

The third would be John Cena for obvious reasons.

What would your choices look like?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: WWE Roster: Release 3, Bring back 3, Hire 3 fresh faces, and give a gimmick overhaul to 3

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 04, '14, 9:45 pm

Release:
(I am not counting CM Punk, The Rock or Undertaker since they are already on their way out or rarely appear. Also I would have said Tyson Kidd, but he is doing a great job putting younger talent over in NXT)

Justin Gabriel-They have tried a few times. If he hasn't made it yet, he isn't going to.
Rey Mysterio-Time to hang the boots up
Rob Van Dam-I just hate this munchkin looking fat stoner fuck.

Bring back:
(Okay I'm going to cheat here. I simply dont know enough about non WWE guys to make a fair judgment on who to bring in. So I'm taking a few extras here. I do what I want :fu )

1. John Morrison-Dude may be a spot monkey but he was a good one and had good mic skills.
2. Muhammad Hussan-Guy shore got the short end of the stick thanks to the incident. Amazing heel. Great wrestler.
3. & 4 JTG & Shad Gaspard-Okay so this is technically two picks but come on. Cryme Tyme!
5. & 6. Drew Mac & Jinder-Three Man Band Bayyyybayyy!

New Gimmick:
(I wouldn't give Otunga a new gimmick but would make him a manger. Dude can work a mic.)

Adam Rose-I hate Russell Brand.
Sin Cara-Let Hunico be Hunico. Dude is a damn good wrestler. Let him be him. Fuck selling masks.
Zack Ryder-Give him a serious gimmick. Dude can wrestle, he has charisma, but his gimmick is a joke. And an unfunny one at that.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Re: WWE Roster: Release 3, Bring back 3, Hire 3 fresh faces, and give a gimmick overhaul to 3

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 05, '14, 11:54 am

Release -
Otunga, khali, and Rey
All three are useless in their own rights

Bring back -
Jtg/Gaspar they were entertaining and could go somewhere if given a chance, Morrison - good mid card spot monkey and bully ray as bully ray, dude is better than he has ever been and could be a big name player in wwe

Fresh faces - styles and the wolves
Just awesome wrestlers

Gimmick changes
Cena obviously, Kofi, sin Cara, sheamus and roman reighns

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby prophet » Jul 05, '14, 12:20 pm

Release:

Khali
Otunga
Darren Young

Bring Back:

Hero
Morrison
Angle

Hire:

Zack Sabre Jr
Prince Devitt
Adam Cole

Gimmick Overhaul:

John Cena
Sheamus
Randy Orton

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Jul 05, '14, 12:40 pm

RELEASE 3:
Khali
Rey Mysterio
Christian

I chose these three after giving consideration to seven different possibilities. The reason I chose Khali, Mysterio and Christian over Darren Young, David Otunga, Santino Marella and R-Truth is because while none of them are great, with their physical condition, abilities and where they are in their careers Christian, Khali and Mysterio simply don't have any upside or future possibilities. They've put in their time and their career is on the severe down turn.

GIMMICK OVERHAUL:

Big E- 5 Count, dominant heel
Damien Sandow - Go back to what works
Justin Gabriel - stuntman/thrill seeker

I'd love to see them change Big E up into a character people could take seriously. He has the physique and personality to pull off a cocky heel to a degree. I'd love to see him start using a 5 count and dominating people. I think there's something special with Big E, but it's just not clicking with him having a light-hearted attitude and the feud with Rusev didn't help.

Damien Sandow I don't get it. One day Sandow was lighting it up, doing what worked and being one of the most entertaining heels on the roster. The next he just vanished and now he comes back as a complete and utter joke. Give him back his elitist intellectual gimmick and run with it straight to the top.

Justin Gabriel should come back as a thrill seeker that is on TV doing stunts and then turning that gimmick and into an energetic ringstyle that can be worked with. Gabriel could do awesome as a Jeff Hardy, type.

BRING BACK 3:

Beth Phoenix
Ken Kennedy
MVP

Phoenix could be a really good addition to the divas division which could start to blossom with just a little bit of work. Her working with AJ, Emma, Naomi, Natalya and Paige would all be great feuds.

Both Kennedy/Anderson and MVP would be great additions back to the WWE. They both still have it and are doing a great job on Impact. I think you put them in the right role on RAW and they will do good things.

HIRE 3:

Kevin Steen
Bobby Roode
Kenny King

All three of these guys would bring great wrestling ability and charisma. All three would instantly be at a minimum fixtures in the midcard and Roode could easily slide into the main event picture quite nicely.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 06, '14, 1:59 pm

Release:

1. R-Truth.
2. Sin Cara
3. David Ortunga

Bring Back:

1. Kurt Angle
2. Bully Ray
3. John Morrison

Hire: '

1. Jay Lethal
2. Davy Richards
2. Eddie Edwards

Gimmick Overhaul:

1. Cena
2. Rusev
3. Sandow

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jul 06, '14, 7:40 pm

RELEASE:

The Great Khali - This guy has no redeeming qualities. Sure, he's huge. But they have plenty of huge guys. The others can all move around the ring and speak English. This guy should never have become a professional wrestler.

Rey Mysterio - He's an old favourite of mine, and he was an amazing performer in his heyday. But at this point he's a liability. His knees are shot to hell, he's out injured far more often than not. It would be better for himself and the company for him to retire before he does more damage to himself.

Rob Van Dam - He's not a full time performer anyway, and I really don't find him entertaining at all. I imagine they're paying a lot more for him than he's worth, because he used to be a relatively big star. But I don't think anyone is watching the show to see him these days.

GIMMICK CHANGE:

John Cena - Lets get the obvious out of the way first. Cena is stale as hell and it's dragging down the whole product. They have to work so hard to try and facilitate keeping him the same, when it clearly isn't working. I'd turn Cena heel, but other than that I wouldn't change that much. I'd just put the focus on different things. I would emphasise that he only cares about the company and not the fans. That he's been given countless opportunities that others haven't been. That he doesn't care that much about his big losses as long as he gets to be successful. I'd just make him out to be a soulless corporate asshole, concerned only with being rich and famous.

Cesaro - Cesaro sucks right now. His music, his allegiance with Heyman, his extremely forced heel behaviour. None of it works. But a few changes and he could be a great face mid-carder with the potential to move upwards. I'd make him a sophisticated good guy. Usually anyone portrayed as being any way smart in the academic sense is instantly a heel, but I think Cesaro could be awesome as a quick witted face capable of putting the heels in their place without even saying too much. He could back this up in the ring with moves like the swing, that are kind of humiliating to his opponents. He'd be cool and fun, and easy to root for without being bland like so many of their faces.

Seth Rollins - I actually like Rollins a lot, this is just a guideline on where I'd take his character now. He worked great as a high flyer in the Shield and people are worried that as a heel he won't be able to do these high flying moves. I'd let him keep doing high flying moves but emphasise how reckless and dangerous they are, to both himself and others. I'd separate him from the Authority and have him be a real wild card heel. I'd build up his curb stomp to be one of the most violent and feared finishers in the company. I'd make him into a kind of a glass cannon character: far from the most powerful person in the company, but possibly the most dangerous.

BRING BACK:

John Morrison - I like this guy as a midcard face act, with the free running gimmick. He was at his best towards the end of his run in the WWE, so I think he could accomplish a lot in that same role if he returned, provided they gave him enough to do.

The World's Greatest Tag Team - I like these guys more as a duo than as singles performers. Weirdly, I probably preferred Haas to Benjamin in many ways. They could be a cool addition to a tag division that WWE keeps threatening to rebuild, but never quite does.

Gail Kim - If you want to try and make the women's division worth caring about, this is a good place to start. WWE have never really made Kim work, but when you see what she's accomplished in TNA, it's easy to see what a huge benefit she can be to a women's division. Kharma would be another good addition.

BRING IN:

AJ Styles - He's one of the biggest names that WWE has never worked with that they could bring in, and he's an incredible wrestler that could have awesome matches with many of WWE's top stars. It's a no brainer.

Bobby Roode - Probably the best all round performer in wrestling right now, Roode could slot right in to WWE as a midcard heel and bolster the midcard roster in a huge way. He could easily transition into a more upper card slot too. This guy has everything WWE likes in a performer, I can't believe they passed him up the last time his contract was up with TNA.

Bad Influence - If WWE could bring both of these guys in at the same time and keep them as a tag team, they might finally have a tag team that they can hang their division on. There are plenty of talented teams at the moment, but no huge stars that can really help create a great tag division. Bad Influence could be that team. I'd bring them in as humorous heels (same as they were doing in TNA), but let the crowd turn them face within 6 - 12 months.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jul 06, '14, 9:26 pm

So Steve, basically you'd turn Seth Rollins into Mike Maverick? :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jul 07, '14, 5:26 am

Everlong wrote:So Steve, basically you'd turn Seth Rollins into Mike Maverick? :P

I wanted to do it with somebody. :P

He seemed the best candidate. Plus I don't like the idea of him being in the Authority long term.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 07, '14, 5:35 am

Hanley! wrote:
Everlong wrote:So Steve, basically you'd turn Seth Rollins into Mike Maverick? :P

He seemed the best candidate. Plus I don't like the idea of him being in the Authority long term.

Your right, he does not fit in his role right now. Rollins is more of a anti-authority character. That could be stemming from a couple years of being part of a rogue military style group that has not fadded away far enough yet though.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Jul 07, '14, 5:44 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

Your right, he does not fit in his role right now. Rollins is more of a anti-authority character. That could be stemming from a couple years of being part of a rogue military style group that has not fadded away far enough yet though.

Agreed. Someone aligning with The Authority should be a clean cut, well dressed, detestable smart ass.

Rollins isn't that guy.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 07, '14, 7:28 am

PorkChop wrote:Agreed. Someone aligning with The Authority should be a clean cut, well dressed, detestable smart ass.

Rollins isn't that guy.

I think that Ziggler would be great in that role. Dude looks good with a hair cut and a suit. Could get promised the title for helping. Could have taken him a long way even now.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to WWE