It is currently: May 11, '24, 2:14 pm

Last Raw.

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Last Raw.

Postby Chewy » May 09, '14, 7:49 pm

So we have no threads or posts about Sheamus being new US champion? About the debut of thingamy Rose.....

No I didn't give a fuck either.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: Last Raw.

Postby SKS » May 09, '14, 7:52 pm

At least Sheamus is consistently boring, with the title or not.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby prophet » May 10, '14, 12:04 pm

The weekly shows have been really boring lately so it's unsurprising to see a lull in activity following Wrestlemania. I only saw the first hour of the show then went to bed and I'm glad I did. As much as I enjoy parts of the show (The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Barrett) it isn't enough to hold my interest for long enough.

I'd tune in more attentively if they had something interesting for Bryan but at the minute I'm cool to just DVR it and skip through the show the next day.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SortaCreative » May 10, '14, 12:06 pm

^

I'm actually getting tired of Wyatt/Cena. I just dislike Cena, his persona, his character, the split chants. I can't stand watching him so unfortunately for Wyatt i've been skipping through that too. I've pretty much been watching for Shield/Evolution.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby Hanley! » May 10, '14, 1:37 pm

The problem with Cena/Wyatt is that this story has been done several times with him already - a story basically designed to tease a Cena heel turn. It's only going to be worth a damn going forward if it actually happens this time. And nobody believes that it will. If it was never going to lead to anything, then it should have been one pay per view match and then done. There's no reason to extend the feud for no reason.

On the flip side, if it is actually building towards a genuine Cena heel turn, then they should be foreshadowing that more successfully in the meat of the feud. Like having Cena win a match in semi-controversial fashion, or freaking out and beating down Wyatt and maybe seeming conflicted about it afterwards, slowly building towards the point where he'll do something truly reprehensible and actually finally be considered a heel.

The only half interesting moment they seem to have come up with for the feud since Wrestlemania is when the fans voted Cena into a handicap and Cena seemed frustrated afterwards that the fans would do that to him.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » May 10, '14, 7:49 pm

I'm genuinely astonished that some people on here are saying Raw is good right now. It isn't.

Post-WrestleMania there's always a dip in the product but I didn't expect it to dip this badly so quickly.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » May 10, '14, 8:16 pm

Some people are probably optimistic about Raw at the moment as they're pushing some new names for the first time in forever and there seems to be a bit of a youth movement going on.

Unfortunately, without good booking, that still doesn't make it a good show.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » May 12, '14, 6:02 am

PorkChop wrote:I'm genuinely astonished that some people on here are saying Raw is good right now. It isn't.

Post-WrestleMania there's always a dip in the product but I didn't expect it to dip this badly so quickly.

I think the intention is correct (pushing new faces, people folk actually want to see) but the execution has been just awful. If the actual booking was half decent the show would follow suit.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Return to WWE