It is currently: May 08, '24, 7:43 am

Best & Worst part of WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Best & Worst part of WWE

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 22, '14, 5:13 pm

So there's plenty of things to like about WWE right now, but as always, this is the internet and we can always find things that aren't so good :P

So what's the Best thing about WWE right now?.... and the Worst thing about WWE right now.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Best & Worst part of WWE

Postby PorkChop » Apr 22, '14, 5:14 pm

Best thing - Triple H, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, The Shield, The Wyatts, Paige, maybe a couple of others

Worst thing - Pretty much everything and everyone else.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby SKS » Apr 22, '14, 5:37 pm

Best: The Shield vs Evolution

Worst: Emma & Santino

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby jfolgerz » Apr 22, '14, 5:40 pm

Best thing is definitely the influx of new blood. The bad is probably the terrible use of smack down.

jfolgerz Male
Mark
Mark

Topics: 2

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 22, '14, 5:56 pm

Best:
-First and foremost I can't express enough how much of a slam dunk NXT is. I mean Russev, Paige, and Bubbles er Emma are main roster now with Ascension soon to follow, Bo Dallas has been great in his heel role, Sami Zayn is awesome. Adrian Neville impresses me every time. Then you got guys like Tyler Breeze who I love, and Adam Rose who for some reason is way over.

-Great mid and upper card with guys like Cesaro, Wyatts, Shield, Barrett and a few others really coming into their own.

-IC may actually relevant now thanks to this tournament. Only time will tell but they seem to be taking it seriously.

Worst:
-Very few tag teams anymore. We have four at the moment of which, only the Uso's seem legit. Rhodes Brothers are looking like they will split, Epico and Primo are a joke now, Rybaxel is not even close to being over with the crowd no one cares about them. That's it. I mean you have Shield which doesn't act as a team and also 3MB which are just jobbers but other then that nothing. At least it sounds like the Ascension will be coming up soon and they are trying to build up the team of Jason Jordan Travis Tyler who actually impressed my last Thursday.

-Still a lot of dead weight that just hasn't gone anywhere and likely wont any time soon. I mean we need jobbers but guys like: Hawkins, Axel, Young, El Midget, JTG
Spoiler:
http://www.lolwrestling.com/how-long-has-jtg-been-employed/
, Gabriel, Yoshi, and Ryder are all pretty much wasted space.

-The diva's title looks horrible but at least it fits with their roster. Why Aksana, Cameron, Eva, Naomi, Rosa, Summer, Tamina have jobs is beyond me. Also Emma's gimmick is horrible, Layla might as well be done, the Bellas have been pretty much useless as well.

-What US Championship, never heard of it? Ambrose is a week from breaking the record for longest reign and he doesn't even carry it.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby saucernips » Apr 23, '14, 7:55 am

Best: The amount of free wrestling we get on television every single week.

Worst: The amount of fucking adverts we get on television, every single week.

saucernips Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 23, '14, 9:08 am

Worst: Santino.

I've never hated a wrestler so much.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 23, '14, 9:57 am

SortaCreative wrote:Worst: Santino.

I don't get why so many people hate him. He entertains me for one anyway, he doesn't take up much of the show at all, and he does his job well in the short amount of time that he gets.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Postby War Daddy » Apr 23, '14, 10:03 am

Str8Shooter wrote:

I don't get why so many people hate him. He entertains me for one anyway, he doesn't take up much of the show at all, and he does his job well in the short amount of time that he gets.

Santino is fucking hilarious and I love him. SO thats that.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 23, '14, 12:45 pm

The Best:

Daniel Bryan is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and won it at WrestleMania 30 by defeating three former champions.

CESARO.

The Shield are bad ass faces and are feuding with Evolution. Batista and Orton are both heels.

Triple H is killing it as the leader of the authority.

We still haven't gotten closure on the CM Punk deal, meaning he may not be gone forever.

New guys debuting from NXT left and right, Sami Zayn will probably get called up sooner than later.

The Wyatt Family is better than ever.

John Cena is working the upper middle of the card, as opposed to the main event.

Emma <3

Legend's House and Total Divas are both completely watchable, despite most reality shows being the opposite.

Brock Lesnar ended the streak.

The Worst:

The sections of the show where they are hyping up their company or upcoming matches. Loud blaring shit music (usually the Raw or SD themes) with Cole nasally giving us a generic rundown of what we either already know, or will find out soon enough. It's literally migraine inducing. I usually mute WWE at least 10 seconds before or after the commercial break because of this garbage.

Regal isn't on major broadcast commentary, but Lawler still is.

Sheamus hasn't turned heel. He's so bland and has been for a few years now.

Mysterio really needs to retire, I cringe every time he works knowing how messed up his body is from wrestling all these years.

The US Championship is ignored, despite Ambrose being one of the longest reigning champions of all time.

Brie Bella isn't naked and sitting on my face. Sorry Dragon, I hate to talk about your wife like that, but it's how I feel.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby SKS » Apr 23, '14, 1:58 pm

Santino and Emma do the same thing every week. Doing a stupid dance and blowing bubbles gets old quick when you're not supposed to be important, they are comic relief but at least the El Torito/Hornswoggle feud is so bad/ridiculous that it's entertaining.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 24, '14, 3:34 am

Str8Shooter wrote:

There is nothing funny about him, his face, his stupid walk, his stupid gimmick, his stupid theme music and his stupid dancing friend.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Chewy » Apr 24, '14, 5:50 am

SortaCreative wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

There is nothing funny about him, his face, his stupid walk, his stupid gimmick, his stupid theme music and his stupid dancing friend.

Yes. :clap

Santino gives Aids to babies.

Although it wasn't that long ago where people became insane and started saying he should be the WWE champion.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 24, '14, 7:59 am

The guy who plays Santino is a damn good wrestler and a good mic worker. The character he plays his a fucking joke.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Hanley! » Apr 24, '14, 4:03 pm

Santino is a character that was kinda funny as a heel. Then they turned him face and turned up the volume even more, while also taking away the sniveling heel characteristics. What was left was a character that was trying way too damn hard. He's now nothing more than a bad joke. And WWE have been trying to make us laugh at that same lousy punchline for years now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Best Part of WWE: They're trying new things and pushing new people.

After almost a decade of stagnation, I really can't stress enough how important it is that they're putting new people in top spots, focusing on younger talent, and throwing out some new ideas. It's long overdue.

Worst Part of WWE: The booking is still pretty clumsy.

For the first time in a while, WWE is making some decent decisions. But a lot of their booking is still quite awkward and angles that could be great are merely good and angles that could be good are barely okay.

Bray Wyatt is amazing at pulling off his character, but the booking around the Wyatts is so shallow. What's his motivation? What is he offering his followers? It feels like the writers just said "Creepy guy" and then went home early. The only reason the character seems to be working so well is because of the performance.

The Shield vs Evolution stuff is really interesting, but would be great with a more deft hand. A lot of the promos leading up to their initial confrontation were a bit contrived. And the three of them cutting a 5 minute promo on how they were going to beat up Evolution - when Evolution were standing right there - rather than just going and doing it seemed awkward and out of character.

Paige is supposed to be great, but they've mostly been pairing her with crappy in ring opponents, so it's impossible to tell. This isn't how you create a first impression. Also her coming out to congratulate AJ seemed really phony. Neither character rang true in that segment.

Then there is pairing Cesaro with Heyman. Nothing about that pair makes sense. They don't work together, they'll only be bad for each other. It seems to have been done for the first week novelty value and now it already doesn't make sense.

WWE is still having problems creating compelling faces too. Bryan and the Shield are working at the moment, but as soon as you drift a little further down the card you run into problems. Wyatt is getting cheered in all of his matches. So are guys like Bad News Barrett. And why? Because they have a character or a gimmick. Fans aren't going to cheer for wrestlers with no personality. WWE needs to figure out how to make faces that people want to cheer.

They're using a lot of these younger, more exciting wrestlers right now. And that in itself is enough to make me excited. But a lot of their booking decisions still come off as awkward or fake or pointless. They still have a way to go before being back at their best.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE