It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:48 am

Sting reportedly wrestling one match in WWE before retiring.

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Sting reportedly wrestling one match in WWE before retiring.

Postby Enygma » Mar 27, '14, 12:18 pm

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Sti ... _Year.html

"- There is now a working idea within WWE that Sting will wrestle one match and then retire, which everyone presumes will be against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 31 in California.

There's still no confirmation that WWE will make this known at WrestleMania XXX or on RAW the next night. The only thing that's said to be certain right now is that Sting will do one last match."

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Re: Sting reportedly wrestling one match in WWE before retiring.

Postby prophet » Mar 27, '14, 12:21 pm

Yessssssssss! I'd mark out for Sting if he appeared at Wrestlemania 30 though I'm more hopeful of seeing him the next night on RAW. I'm still gonna love it when/if Sting vs Taker happens though I'm not a fan of the year long build-ups, particularly if the match is between two part time guys. I think Sting has enough value to have three or four matches during the year leading up to the next 'Mania.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 27, '14, 1:03 pm

I'm not sure why he'd only want one match. It's his last run and with guys out there like Bryan, Cena, Orton, etc, you'd think he'd want to make the most of his big last run by getting in the ring with some guys he'll never get the chance to again. I understand him not wanting to work every Raw and PPV though.

My other concern is some of the audience might not know much about Sting at all. It might be better to have him around so they get to know him in person a bit rather than just through the inevitable video packages, which I'm sure will be awesome.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Mar 27, '14, 1:12 pm

Could you imagine the reaction though he will get though the night after Mania. Wow that would be huge!!!
Raw ends with them 2 face to face in the middle of the ring. Giving me goosebumps now thinking about it.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby HFX » Mar 27, '14, 1:32 pm

I am way too excited at the prospect of a 56 year old man facing a 50 year old man at Wrestlemania next year. This match is almost two decades in the making and it's better it happen now instead of never, no matter what the haters say. I'd like to see him have a feud or two before next April though. I think he should at least wrestle on the Big 4 PPVs. I think he and the Wyatt family should play mind games and feud heading into Summerslam. Another one I'd really like would be Sting against Kane from Survivor Series heading into the Rumble which can then lead into a buildup against Taker at Mania. Anyways I hope he appears more than Lesnar has and we get a solid final year from the Stinger with some memorable moments. Have him appear on Canadian/UK tours as well as real wrestling cities like NY, Philly and Chicago. The male 18-45 audience is still a HUGE audience for WWE and I'm sure Sting will be warmly received especially the night after Mania.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 27, '14, 1:38 pm

I'm familiar with Sting but not so much his character and the origins of it but how would it play out in terms of story? Would Sting be heel or Taker? Face vs. face?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 27, '14, 2:28 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:I'm familiar with Sting but not so much his character and the origins of it but how would it play out in terms of story? Would Sting be heel or Taker? Face vs. face?

This is my question as well, with neither character having had any interaction before, and Sting not having a WWE history to fall back on. Plus I can't see either guy playing the heel, so I'm not exactly sure what the whole basis of this feud can be. It's not like they can use "It's been a dream match of fans for years" as the main point of contention for the match.

Then again, maybe they can use that.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Ace » Mar 27, '14, 2:47 pm

Sting vs. Undertaker would indeed be something that we've been wanting to see. Hopefully the match itself won't be a letdown & will be more than just hype. Seeing Sting @ the Raw right after Mania would make me MARK out like a small helpless child :nodding

Although I will say that seeing him wrestle only one match (being vs. Taker @ Mania 31) would be disappointing. Maybe he'll see the impact that he has on the fans & he'll have 2 or 3 small feuds building up to Mania

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Mar 27, '14, 4:54 pm

I'm sure the in-ring action wouldn't be incredible, but I have to admit, the 90s kid in me would love to see these guys in the ring facing off against each other even though they're long past their prime. It'd be quite a moment.

Like others have said though, you'd have to wonder how Sting would be received by WWE fans. This is a much different fanbase than it was 10-15 years ago, when lots of WCW alumni were making their debuts.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 5:21 pm

I'm going to be honest and say apart from the crow look I can't recall anything he ever did, since I never watched WCW.

Are we expecting some sort of supernatural stare down ala Gandalf v Saruman?

If so, my excitement is middling at best.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Return to WWE