It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 6:44 am

WWE releases internal list of the company's top 5 projected superstars following Wrestlemania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE releases internal list of the company's top 5 projected superstars following Wrestlemania

Postby prophet » Mar 13, '14, 7:46 am

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/460101- ... rstar-list

According the The Wrestling Observer this list looks like this.

1. John Cena
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Randy Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Roman Reigns

Of course this is just a list of who the WWE thinks will be the top 5 names in the company in the coming months. Surprised to see Sheamus and Randy Orton on the list, I'd have thought perhaps Bray Wyatt and Cesaro will be firmly among the main guys within the next year.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: WWE releases internal list of the company's top 5 projected superstars following Wrestlemania

Postby Locke » Mar 13, '14, 8:03 am

I think Sheamus and Orton are a bit of a stretch at this point, but whatever.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Re: WWE releases internal list of the company's top 5 projected superstars following Wrestlemania

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 13, '14, 8:21 am

prophet wrote:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/460101-roman-reigns-on-top-wwe-superstar-list

1. John Cena
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Randy Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Roman Reigns

Of course this is just a list of who the WWE thinks will be the top 5 names in the company in the coming months. Surprised to see Sheamus and Randy Orton on the list, I'd have thought perhaps Bray Wyatt and Cesaro will be firmly among the main guys within the next year.

IF this is true this would almost have to mean Bryan wins the belt at mania. I mean it was generally assumed Orton was not leaving with the belt so I can't see WWE projecting their champion NOT being in their top 5 most popular. This would almost have to mean Batty isn't walking away with the belt.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Mar 13, '14, 8:24 am

prophet wrote:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/460101-roman-reigns-on-top-wwe-superstar-list

1. John Cena
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Randy Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Roman Reigns

Bray and Cesaro will be getting pushes this year I imagine, but they are sort of in the same spot Bryan was last year. They will need a year of pushing to get up to the level for this next year.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Enygma » Mar 13, '14, 8:26 am

Of course Cena's top. :/ Do the WWE not hear the boo's this man gets every week? His character is stale and boring, Bryan should be top of this list. Doesn't get booed once and has the whole crowd behind him.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Settee » Mar 13, '14, 9:30 am

I can see Cena being #1 if he turns heel. Although I suspect this list is saying who they plan to use the most. The fact that Reigns is on that list makes me happy, and if sheamus goes heel again then I wouldnt mind seeing him in the main event scene. I would actually love to see Bryan vs Sheamus for the title at some point.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby JPG619 » Mar 13, '14, 9:44 am

I am not surprised at that list. I am shocked they didn't incude the part-time guys they always bring back of one match a year LOL

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Messiah » Mar 13, '14, 7:25 pm

Sheamus is boring as hell, even moreso than Cena and Orton. He is basically just a poor mans, Irish John Cena. I don't really blame him. He's solid on the microphone and good in the ring. But it feels like he has been floating around doing nothing as a bland babyface forever. Not to mention he never loses unless it is one of those random title feuds they put him in during the fall. I mean could he not take one loss to Christian in the billion times they faced each other the past 2 months?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Buck » Mar 13, '14, 7:53 pm

Isn't this the same guy who said Punk would be at Raw?

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Chewy » Mar 14, '14, 2:32 am

I find it surprising that the WWE don't agree with what most fans see as the best superstars.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 14, '14, 9:40 am

Chewy wrote:I find it surprising that the WWE don't agree with what most fans see as the best superstars.

IDK a lot of older fans like Bryan and Reigns and both Cena and Sheamus are over pretty big with the kiddies.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to WWE