It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 3:23 am

NXT Arrival Discussion Thread

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

NXT Arrival Discussion Thread

Postby prophet » Feb 26, '14, 11:38 am

I'm really excited for this - probably more so than I have been for any wrestling show in quite some time. Unfortunately we don't have the WWE Network yet in the UK and it's not going to air live on Sky Sports so I'll have to acquire other methods of watching (anyone know if I can watch it on WWE.com?). I've found this brilliant article on the show by Bleacher Report so you can check this out if you like - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1974 ... redictions

Basically NXT Arrival is the company's first Live Show and it has a great two main-events. For the NXT Title we have the champion Bo Dallas defending against Adrian Neville in a Ladder Match. I'm always a fan of British talents in the WWE but Neville is one to watch because of how exciting he is in the ring - his nickname is 'The Man that Gravity forgot' which basically tells you all you need to know about his style and getting the chance to see him in a Ladder Match should be awesome. Bo Dallas on the other hand had a brief stint on RAW the other year, not many people like him - he looks like a rapist and was really forced into being a heel by the crowd who just couldn't get behind him as a face.

Neville's Red Arrow finisher is a thing of beauty.

The co-main event is the anticipated re-match of what I believe to be 2013's match of the year between Sami Zayn and Antonio Cesaro. You all know about Cesaro, most of you know about Zayn so I'll simply post the match again and let you enjoy...

Add to that we have Emma (who has just debuted her stupid dance thing on RAW) vs Paige for the Women's title which should be a refreshing change of pace from the garbage we get from the Diva's on the main show. Apparently we should expect to see a host of Legends and main show superstars in what looks to be a great show, anyone else going to be watching?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: NXT Arrival Discussion Thread

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 26, '14, 11:54 am

Should be a really good show. Pissed that I can't watch it, damn you not being International yet WWE Network!!

I hope that we'll see some of these deserving guys being given the green light to come up to the main roster after Mania.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Feb 26, '14, 12:14 pm

Bo Dallas legit looks like a rapist. His face just makes me want to blow my rape whistle.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 26, '14, 12:25 pm

Just started getting into NXT but I am pumped. Should be a great show.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby prophet » Feb 26, '14, 12:28 pm

Daz wrote:Bo Dallas legit looks like a rapist. His face just makes me want to blow my rape whistle.

Still dumbfounded by you pointing out to me the uncanny resemblance of Tyler Breeze and Team Catwalk.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 27, '14, 1:14 pm

I wish that I could catch this. I don't have the WWE network yet and my internet/cable got shut off last week so I can't access the free trial.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby prophet » Feb 27, '14, 1:25 pm

VaderBomb wrote:I wish that I could catch this. I don't have the WWE network yet and my internet/cable got shut off last week so I can't access the free trial.

Me neither, gonna see about finding a stream tonight.

Here's a video of some of the stars of NXT...

Enjoyed seeing this tweet from HHH earlier.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby xgamr » Feb 27, '14, 6:02 pm

I'll be showing it here

http://taima.tv/r/woooalt

if you just want the stream i can do that too

EDIT http://video.gamecreds.com/mmgre2yivrch ... /DashingCN

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby prophet » Feb 27, '14, 8:28 pm

The show has been awesome so far!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 27, '14, 8:31 pm

Was great until the breeze match started then it cut out for me. Still Zayn vs Cesaro another MOTY candidate.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Feb 27, '14, 8:32 pm

Really impressed. Like, REALLY impressed. NXT feels like a completely different show than everything else in WWE. The wrestling is outstanding, the commentary is excellent (cant remember the last time I said that), even the divas are really good.

Cesaro/Zayn was an incredible match, MOTY contender for sure. The Too Cool surprise was awesome, and The Ascension (was that their name?) looks like a great team with an awesome finisher. The HBK surprise was fun too. Looking forward to seeing this ladder match.

Definitely makes me want to check out NXT more. The best WWE product I've seen in ages, for sure.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 27, '14, 8:56 pm

Count me in as someone who was impressed with their first viewing of NXT. I like the style of booking that they use. Simple and focused on the wrestling. I was impressed with the women's match too, definitely the best WWE women's match I've seen in.. ur... hell of a long time :lol

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby prophet » Feb 27, '14, 9:05 pm

Amazing from top to bottom.

Zayn/Cesaro was another MOTY candidate and I'd have to watch it back again but I think I preferred it to Wyatt/Bryan. Paige/Emma was fantastic and was everything women's wrestling should be - I actually feel sick thinking about how awesome that match was in comparison to the garbage Diva shit we have to suffer through on RAW. Neville/Dallas was another top match and I'm chuffed Neville won the title and we got to see the Red Arrow which is without doubt my favourite finisher in wrestling.

For those of you that watched for the first time tonight how good was the commentating? They actually call matches and they're good at what they do. Regal is superb - I wouldn't have known Paige's submission was called the Scorpion Crosslock were it not for him. If that was on RAW we'd likely have the three commentators bickering about BBQ sauce or some shit.

Really chuffed to see some new faces get their first taste of what I think is the best wrestling show on TV right now, long may it continue! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Feb 27, '14, 9:50 pm

I'm pretty pissed those streams didn't work for me. I'm also pissed WWE has it so I couldn't watch it live in Canada through legal means. I'm especially pissed that I missed what seems to have been a great show. I'm glad all y'all who got to see it enjoyed it and I'll have to root around for a post show stream now.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 27, '14, 10:18 pm

Dammit, there were streams for this!! I missed it!!! (storms off)

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Feb 27, '14, 10:54 pm

But forreal, this submission hold:

So awesome.

That was one of the best women's matches I've ever seen.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » Feb 27, '14, 11:31 pm

Also Emma's sitdown powerbomb, which looked way better than Batista's version...

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Romo » Feb 28, '14, 6:43 am

I missed the main event so if its worth watching I'll see if I can get a youtube copy of it, but what i saw was solid, opening match was great, I didn't really enjoy that hype guy and the environment guy but that match didn't last long so it was fine, tag match was decent, i would of preferred if the other team instead of 2 cool were a up and coming team but whatever.

I'm in love with Paige I've known about her for years but this was the first time i've seen her in NXT and she is awesome, and hot the match was great, Emma's entrance pissed me off and makes me hate her.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Daz » Feb 28, '14, 7:42 am

Everlong wrote:But forreal, this submission hold:

So awesome.

That was one of the best women's matches I've ever seen.

Tell me about it. I was a little pissy when she started tying up the legs, cause I thought she was going to apply the Cloverleaf with the knee to the back (Which is Daz's Great British Cloverleaf). Instead she puts on the Scorpion Crosslock and I'm marking cause I haven't seen that since Bull Nakano. Totally badass.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 28, '14, 8:24 am

Finally caught the end. What a main event. And the Rapist lost so there's that! That 450 splash was fucking awesome.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to WWE