It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 2:43 am

Another Sting tease?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Another Sting tease?

Postby prophet » Feb 21, '14, 8:25 am

Are we being trolled here? Or should we expect to see Sting in the WWE very soon?...

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Another Sting tease?

Postby The Legend » Feb 21, '14, 8:56 am

I think it could very possibly happen this year just because there doesn't seem to be a better option.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 21, '14, 9:04 am

I seriously hope we are being trolled. I don't want anything to do with him. If I honestly had to guess, I think he will have a show on WWE network.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby PorkChop » Feb 21, '14, 9:11 am

ShaneOfan wrote:I seriously hope we are being trolled. I don't want anything to do with him. If I honestly had to guess, I think he will have a show on WWE network.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sting in a GM role, but I really don't want to see him face Undertaker. That match would have been good 15 years ago, but not now. I'm not exaggerating when I say 15 years, either.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » Feb 21, '14, 9:32 am

PorkChop wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:I seriously hope we are being trolled. I don't want anything to do with him. If I honestly had to guess, I think he will have a show on WWE network.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sting in a GM role, but I really don't want to see him face Undertaker. That match would have been good 15 years ago, but not now. I'm not exaggerating when I say 15 years, either.

I'm aware the majority don't want to see Taker back at all but surely you've accepted the fact that he will be coming back so wouldn't you rather him face Sting and get the win rather than get a win off a young up-and-comer?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534

Postby Everlong » Feb 21, '14, 9:34 am

prophet wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

I'm aware the majority don't want to see Taker back at all but surely you've accepted the fact that he will be coming back so wouldn't you rather him face Sting and get the win rather than get a win off a young up-and-comer?

Yeah, that's definitely the way I look at it. Plus, at least Sting/Taker would be something new, even if it's coming way too late.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Feb 21, '14, 9:38 am

Everlong wrote:
prophet wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Yeah, that's definitely the way I look at it. Plus, at least Sting/Taker would be something new, even if it's coming way too late.

Well yeah, there is that. I'd rather see Taker crush someone old than an up and comer. But Taker vs Sting would never be as epic as we've all imagined in our minds for so many years.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 21, '14, 9:42 am

prophet wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Well yeah if I MUST see a Taker match I would rather see them dig up another fossil for him to beat then some young guy. But I don't want to see 15 minutes of entrance followed by a 7 minute match that I already know the ending to.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Ace » Feb 21, '14, 11:25 am

The whole problem I have with Sting debuting is that first of all he's old & if all the WWE ever gets out of him is a mediocre WrestleMania match against Undertaker than I'd rather him not return.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Icon finally come to the 'E but I want more than just one match out of him. Plus this is starting to become a late debut & the acceptable window of opportunity is closing. If not this year, MAYBE I'd want it next year but anytime passed that, then we might as well agree that it's a dream match that just didn't happen.

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 22, '14, 4:06 pm

Why does Taker vs Sting even need to be at Wrestlemania? Survivor Series is just fine by me, and I could see Sting being the kind of opponent Taker would want to come back for outside of his usual once-a-year Wrestlemania appearance. Sting vs Taker would be more of a dream match than a match that only happens because Taker needs to defend the Streak, so I see no problem with putting it on a smaller PPV, where people's expectations wouldn't be so high.

I'd be really excited if they do sign Sting. There's not much he can do from a wrestling standpoint, but he could be really good in a GM role. His GM run in TNA was pretty entertaining, he's good on the mic, and is a cool character overall. Basally I think WWE can get a lot more out of him than the one Undertaker match everyone is expecting.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE