It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 4:46 am

What will WWE do after Cena?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What will WWE do after Cena?

Postby Racing Guy » Oct 12, '13, 2:59 pm

How many years have they been building around Cena now? They've rushed him back from injury because they don't have any faith in anyone else other than punk and now Bryan somewhat. My question is, when he's gone for good, will they be able to fill that spot? Seems like they've put everything in the Cena basket but he won't be there forever.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: What will WWE do after Cena?

Postby motionmann » Oct 12, '13, 3:34 pm

They'll get new face of the company. Hogan-Michaels-Austin/Rock-Cena. They'll be fine.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 9

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 12, '13, 7:34 pm

I wonder if Vince has any one in mind yet. Just as long as it isn't The Miz.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 13, '13, 2:09 am

rawisjericho wrote:I wonder if Vince has any one in mind yet. Just as long as it isn't The Miz.

it seems as if they are actually going to give us what we want. Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Ohno, Ambrose, Rollins, Ziggler, Rhodes. Hopefully this is 80% of the main event roster within a few months from now.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Oct 13, '13, 5:41 am

VaderBomb wrote:
rawisjericho wrote:I wonder if Vince has any one in mind yet. Just as long as it isn't The Miz.

it seems as if they are actually going to give us what we want. Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Ohno, Ambrose, Rollins, Ziggler, Rhodes. Hopefully this is 80% of the main event roster within a few months from now.

If he had faith in Punk or Bryan being able to be his top guy, one of them would be there already. He's capitalizing on their popularity right now, but doesn't seem prepared to replace Cena with either of them.

As for the others, it's too soon to tell. Particularly with Ohno, I don't know where that name is coming from.

Punk and Bryan should be used as the main faces in the company from now. That would be the idea situation. Ziggler and Rhodes both have potential as main event faces too, although Ziggler's potential seems to be getting squandered at the moment (as it has been on and off for the last couple of years).

They're utilizing the Shield well in their current role, but it's impossible to tell how they'll fare when they become singles performers. They haven't been huge personalities so far, and their persona's are bound to change after the Shield breaks up also. I'd be surprised if one or more of them didn't get lost in the shuffle, at least for a while.

I don't think Vince sees anyone on the roster as being capable of replacing Cena. I don't think they're willing to take a risk. If they were forced into it over the next year or two, I imagine they'd simply use Bryan or Punk. But it feels like they're waiting for someone else.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 13, '13, 6:13 am

VaderBomb wrote:

-Problem with Punk is he is only 2 years younger than Cena. If Cena leaves due to age, Punk won't be far behind.

-Bryan may have a chance but I just don't see it happening.

-Cesaro, Ambrose, and Rollins are the types of guys who could either go big or go flat it's to early to tell but the Shield gimmick will not help Amborse/Rollins it already seems stale

-As much as I like Ziggler, and think he has potential, he keeps getting so high than falling back down. 2014 will be a make or break year for him. We have seen guys who we all think deserve to shoot to the top never get used correctly until it's to late.

-Rhodes is kind of like Ziggler tbh. He has the potential but needs to break out. Things are looking good for him right now, and I do think he will have a main belt by the end of next year but you never know.

-Ohno, come on man. The dude is almost as old as Cena/Punk (so same problem) and has yet to debut in WWE. He will never be the face of anything.

Of those listed I do think Ambrose, Rollins, Ziggler, and Rhodes all have a decent chance but only time will tell.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Oct 13, '13, 7:48 am

I will go out on a limb and predict that Vince doesn't have anyone in mind yet because that person may not even be on the WWE roster yet. Cena is only 36 and most "face of the company" guys worked into their early to mid 40's. So in other words I'm sure Cena will be that guy for another 5-10 years still.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 13, '13, 7:58 am

The Legend wrote:I will go out on a limb and predict that Vince doesn't have anyone in mind yet because that person may not even be on the WWE roster yet. Cena is only 36 and most "face of the company" guys worked into their early to mid 40's. So in other words I'm sure Cena will be that guy for another 5-10 years still.

Agreed completely.

Though it is a really, really depressing notion.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Racing Guy » Oct 13, '13, 8:42 am

The Legend wrote:I will go out on a limb and predict that Vince doesn't have anyone in mind yet because that person may not even be on the WWE roster yet. Cena is only 36 and most "face of the company" guys worked into their early to mid 40's. So in other words I'm sure Cena will be that guy for another 5-10 years still.

True, but how many injuries has he racked up over the years?

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 13, '13, 10:42 am

Yeah I agree that Cena is probably still in a position to be the "face" of the WWE for many more years to come. I wouldn't be too worried about his injury history, because he's shown superhuman healing ability to come back from any injury he's had. And considering how long he's been around, he really hasn't been injured that often.

I'm not buying Punk either, he's almost as old as Cena, and he seems the type who will get out of wrestling relatively early compared to most others. Hell didn't he almost leave in 2011 if you believe what he says about it. Bryan is hot right now but I don't think he's even remotely on the radar of any mainstream media which they like their "faces" to be.

Rhodes is the best bet of the current lot in my opinion, he's more over now than he's ever been. But having said that he's got a long way to go to be in that category.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Kyle » Oct 14, '13, 2:26 am

The WWE will go under when Cena leaves. He's their everything.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby DBSoT » Oct 14, '13, 11:01 am

The only thing holding back Vince from making Sheamus or Ryback the Face in waiting is the smarky crowds. The smarks are the loudest fan base, but they are ironically in complete contrast to what the casual fan thinks of when it comes to main stream face.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Viazon » Oct 14, '13, 7:51 pm

I'm guessing the next big star of the company is most likely someone who isn't even in development yet. I'm sure once they realise Cena isn't gonna be around for much longer, they will find some guy they reckon could be the next big thing and then give him a huge push.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 24, '13, 10:51 am

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are solidified in my eyes, I shouldn't have to explain why they are currently and will continue to be the main guys along with Cena and (kind of) Orton. They are by far the most universally loved wrestlers in WWE and it's fucking awesome.

Seth Rollins will do extremely well for himself as a face or a heel in singles feuds. He was over on the indies for his fantastic move set and proved on NXT that more mainstream fans are just as supportive.

Dean Ambrose is going to be one of the top heels in WWE, I guarantee it. He's great in the ring, but more importantly in WWE right now is that he can talk. He's just as good if not better than Punk at cutting an emotional and almost frightening promo.

Antonio Cesaro is a total package. He hasn't been able to truly show off his uncanny charisma just yet, but once he breaks away from Colter and Swagger and starts working his way back up, he'll gain a very large fan base. He's an absolute monster and is one of the top 5 best pure wrestlers in the world right now.

Kassius Ohno has yet to make it to the main roster, but I have no doubt that he could fill the niche that Edge or Jericho left. He's capable of putting on better matches than anybody besides Danielson. He's Chris fucking Hero. He has it all going for him. Unique move set, hes talll, blonde, charismatic and he's a legend. I can't see how WWE won't capitalize on the Kings of Wrestling history and re-unite him with Cesaro for a lengthy tag team run and maybe even an epic break up feud. Like with Bryan and Punk, the history writes itself. Ohno and Cesaro have much much more history together than Punk and Bryan do. Hell, Punk and Ohno have more history together than Bryan and Punk, so that feud would be a given as well.

Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes have been on the roster for awhile now, and i agree that 2014 might be a make it or break it year for the two of them.

Adrien Neville and especially Sami Zayn are two names that will probably end up becoming pretty big in WWE within the following years. Two incredible athletes who would fill out the upper mid card perfectly.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Settee » Oct 24, '13, 8:21 pm

I'd like to see Cody Rhodes take his place but I highly doubt that would happen.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Stvtayl » Oct 28, '13, 9:43 am

No it won't be The Miz..........it's obvious really......it's Bo Dallas :lol

I mean he's already got half the arena booing him down to a tee.

My All time Fave 6 Diva's & Knockouts :)
Stvtayl None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 15

Return to WWE