It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 4:56 am

CM Punk granted early release from his contract?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

CM Punk granted early release from his contract?

Postby prophet » Feb 17, '14, 4:58 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/453579- ... e-contract

Looks like Punk is going to be granted early release from his contract which was meant to expire in June.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: CM Punk granted early release from his contract?

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 18, '14, 11:18 am

:(

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Ace » Feb 19, '14, 1:25 am

Dammit WWE :facepalm

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35

Postby Viazon » Feb 19, '14, 2:31 am

Why are you annoyed with WWE? He was the one who walked out.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Enygma » Feb 19, '14, 3:48 am

Holds the WWE Championship for 434 days.. faces Lesnar, Taker and The Rock in 1 year and still isnt happy...

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Racing Guy » Feb 19, '14, 7:19 am

Enygma wrote:Holds the WWE Championship for 434 days.. faces Lesnar, Taker and The Rock in 1 year and still isnt happy...

Exactly. I understand sometimes he was overshadowed by Cena but so is everyone else. Guy really needs to get over himself.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 19, '14, 7:36 am

Viazon wrote:Why are you annoyed with WWE? He was the one who walked out.
Enygma wrote:Holds the WWE Championship for 434 days.. faces Lesnar, Taker and The Rock in 1 year and still isnt happy...

Exactly. HE is the reason he is not with the company. He might not like how WWE is running things and for that I can't blame him. But HE left. They didn't fire him. If anything we should thank WWE because if they release him his 60 day no work clause starts they day they release him. We can see him in ROH or TNA(if he should so chose) in April-May now instead of August-September

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Locke » Feb 19, '14, 8:31 am

This board sure turns around quick. It went from angry at WWE to angry at Punk. :lol

I say good for him. Getting out from under a retarded boss in a never changing organization has to feel good. Eventually the only people left in the WWE will be HHH and Batista, and they'll wonder why they get below a 1 star rating.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 19, '14, 8:39 am

Locke wrote:This board sure turns around quick. It went from angry at WWE to angry at Punk. :lol

I say good for him. Getting out from under a retarded boss in a never changing organization has to feel good. Eventually the only people left in the WWE will be HHH and Batista, and they'll wonder why they get below a 1 star rating.

Oh i don't blame him for wanting to leave. I just don't have sympathy for him either. He took his ball and went home. Him or us not liking how things were going does not change the fact that he walked away.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby PorkChop » Feb 19, '14, 8:52 am

...because he lost against them all, and they're all part-timers. He had an incredible title reign and was made to job to The Rock, who everyone knew was going to have a shitty transitional reign in which he barely showed up. He then jobbed to Taker at WrestleMania in a match where the outcome was so painfully obvious, and then lost to Lesnar at SummerSlam. Part-timers coming back and defeating the company's top stars and then disappearing again is exactly what's been wrong with this company for the last god knows how many years.

If I were him, I'd be disillusioned with the company and I'd want out as well. Sure, he could have seen out the rest of his contract and left under more professional circumstances, but to see people turn against Punk in this manner is really quite sad.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Enygma » Feb 19, '14, 9:08 am

PorkChop wrote:

...because he lost against them all, and they're all part-timers. He had an incredible title reign and was made to job to The Rock, who everyone knew was going to have a shitty transitional reign in which he barely showed up. He then jobbed to Taker at WrestleMania in a match where the outcome was so painfully obvious, and then lost to Lesnar at SummerSlam. Part-timers coming back and defeating the company's top stars and then disappearing again is exactly what's been wrong with this company for the last god knows how many years.

If I were him, I'd be disillusioned with the company and I'd want out as well. Sure, he could have seen out the rest of his contract and left under more professional circumstances, but to see people turn against Punk in this manner is really quite sad.

That may be the case, but most wrestlers would give an arm and a leg just to step into the ring with them, even if they do lose against them, especially with Taker.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby PorkChop » Feb 19, '14, 9:16 am

Enygma wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

That may be the case, but most wrestlers would give an arm and a leg just to step into the ring with them, even if they do lose against them, especially with Taker.

CM Punk and Undertaker have wrestled multiple times. Back in 2009, it was Undertaker who returned and beat CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Title before disappearing again. You really think Punk wanted to job to Taker, again, at WrestleMania?

Sure, a lot of wrestlers want to compete against guys like Taker and The Rock - but probably not if they were going to get their momentum killed in doing so.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » Feb 19, '14, 9:17 am

PorkChop wrote:
Enygma wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

CM Punk and Undertaker have wrestled multiple times. Back in 2009, it was Undertaker who returned and beat CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Title before disappearing again. You really think Punk wanted to job to Taker, again, at WrestleMania?

I also read somewhere last year that Punk was under the impression he'd be ending the streak last year before the decision was made that he'd be losing.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 19, '14, 9:19 am

Turns out Punk wasn't granted early release. Internet rumor which spread like wildfire.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE