It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:38 am

WWE has greatest ladder match ever, but...

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE has greatest ladder match ever, but...

Postby The Legend » May 19, '19, 9:58 pm

Then they go and fuck it up with Brock Lesnar becoming Mr. Money In The Bank, because you know why would we not want to go back to Brock Lesnar being champion and never appearing on RAW.

Seriously though, everyone should watch the Money in the Bank match from tonight, all the guys in it did some incredible things.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: WWE has greatest ladder match ever, but...

Postby VaderBomb » May 20, '19, 12:56 am

Match of the night with a terrible finish. Totally agree. That Balor bump was insanity, and then he took two more back bumps with ladders. How is he not paralyzed?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby VaderBomb » May 20, '19, 7:27 am

Also, I want to add that while it was a solid match, it's not the greatest ladder match. HBK vs Razor and the TakeOver match for the NA Championship are the first two that come to mind as the two best.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » May 20, '19, 11:13 am

VaderBomb wrote:Also, I want to add that while it was a solid match, it's not the greatest ladder match. HBK vs Razor and the TakeOver match for the NA Championship are the first two that come to mind as the two best.

I put HBK vs Razor in a category all it's own when it comes to ladder matches. That was a brilliant singles match that just happened to involve ladders. It had great psychology and storytelling and is one of the best matches I've ever seen and a definite study of wrestling fans and aspiring wrestlers.

Then the Hardyz, Dudleyz and Edge and Christian come around and totally re-define what a great ladder match is and every ladder match since has basically chased that definition instead of the HBK/Razor definition (and the fact that they are almost always multi-man matches added to that reality. So when I say it's the greatest ladder match I've ever seen, I put it in that context.

I'll confess that I've never seen the NA championship ladder match, I missed that TakeOver, but I'll have to check it out.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » May 20, '19, 12:51 pm

Good points, but watch that entire TakeOver the next time you want a wrestling fix. 10/10 event for WWE.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » May 20, '19, 5:59 pm

Random fact: John Morrison vs Sheamus at TLC 2010 is a very underrated ladder match. It had real stakes with the #1 contendership for the WWE Championship and had some fantastic spots.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE