It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:55 am

Perfect Endings - Royal Rumble

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Perfect Endings - Royal Rumble

Postby The Legend » Jan 24, '19, 9:24 pm

US Title – Rusev (c) w/ Lana vs Shinsuke Nakamura

This whole feud revolves around Nakamura attacking Rusev and then hurting Lana when she tried to stop the attack. It only makes sense in this match that the story comes full circle. Nakamura should use threats to Lana to get under Rusev’s skin and get the upper hand multiple times in the match before Lana is able to trick Nakamura and set up a trap where Rusev can get the pinfall.

CW Title – Buddy Murphy (c) vs Akira Tozawa vs Kalisto vs Hideo Itami

Even on the pre-show the WWE has to take advantage of the exposure for the Cruiserweight division on a PPV and really let these guys show everything they have to catch the fans’ attention. After a nice showcase match I’d have Tozawa pin Itami to take the belt. After the pin have Buddy Murphy attack Tozawa, irate that he lost the belt without being pinned. With that you have the perfect feud for the CW belt on the road to WM.

SD Tag Titles – The Bar (c) vs Shane McMahon and The Miz

This story really only has one logical progression, and that’s for Shane and Miz to win the titles here. I’d have Miz roll Sheamus up and grab the tights to put a little more stress on Miz and Shane’s relationship as McMahon won’t approve of the tactic.

Women’s Royal Rumble

I’d go with an unpopular approach with this match, but it gets us back to a place that is best for both women’s titles, WrestleMania and the women’s division moving forward. This match goes on and we wind up with Charlotte getting the win with Becky not in the Rumble since her title match hasn’t happened yet. The reason for this will become clear later in the night.

WWE Title – Daniel Bryan (c) vs AJ Styles

These two tear down the house with a great match and Daniel Bryan catches Styles and then uses the ropes to lock in a Yes Lock in an illegal manner. Styles breaks free, but Bryan then hits him with the kneeling kicks for the win.

SD Women’s Title – Asuka (c) vs Becky Lynch

Charlotte comes out and watches the match. Both of these women get good offense in and both nearly get submission wins, but escape at the last second. In the end, Charlotte becomes a distraction for Becky and Asuka gets the pinfall victory. After the match Charlotte announces that just like last year she will beat Asuka at WrestleMania this year as well (spoiler for Mania, Asuka would get the victory and even the score creating a new rivalry for the women’s division for the next year).

Universal Title – Brock Lesnar (c) vs Finn Balor

OK, in my world we’ll make this simple. Balor gets back the title he was never beaten to lose in the first place and heads into WrestleMania as the champion ready to face the winner of the Royal Rumble.

RAW Women’s Title – Ronda Rousey (c) vs Sasha Banks

Sasha is going to be in the new tag division. Ronda gets the win after what could possibly be her best match so far. After Ronda wins, Becky comes out and cuts a promo about how they never got their encounter. Then she blindsides Ronda and demands a title match at WrestleMania.

Men’s Royal Rumble

I’d have the match come down to Rollins, McIntyre, Strowman and Andrade. In the end McMahon screws Strowman by sending Corbin after him, Andrade gets thrown out. Then McIntyre tosses Rollins out to get the win and faces Finn Balor at WrestleMania.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Perfect Endings - Royal Rumble

Postby prophet » Jan 27, '19, 3:31 pm

Okay yeah so tonight if my first live PPV in years and so there's some stuff on the card that I've not been paying attention to so I won't go into too much detail about the stuff I'm not bothered about

US Title – Rusev (c) w/ Lana vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Don't know, Don't care. I guess I'd rather have Shinsuke win the title because it's a shame how far he's fallen since he won the thing last year.

CW Title – Buddy Murphy (c) vs Akira Tozawa vs Kalisto vs Hideo Itami

Ideally I'd want Hideo Itami to win because he's bloody KENTA and after years of eating shit since he got to WWE I'd like to see him actually get a big win. Apparently Buddy Murphy is really good though so let's protect him and have Itami pin one of the other two

SD Tag Titles – The Bar (c) vs Shane McMahon and The Miz

I don't know what the end-game is with McMahon and Miz. The obvious assumption is that they're going to have a singles match at Wrestlemania but I don't wanna see that. The only way I want to see this go is for Miz to keep up the act of being best friends with Shane until he benefits from it somehow (like a world title shot) and then he ditches Shane once he's gotten what he wants. So for this match I'd have The Bar retain - they 'injure' Shane early, maybe even before the match so Miz is essentially in a handicap match and then I'd just have Miz take an absolute beating and show a lot of heart before going down swinging to further his new 'good guy' schtick

Women’s Royal Rumble

Charlotte Flair wins. Toni Storm and Rhea Rhipley both feature in the match with the latter eliminating the former and looking like a badass in the match.

WWE Title – Daniel Bryan (c) vs AJ Styles

Bryan gets the clean pin after a competitive match but via some clever little momentum shifting roll-up. AJ doesn't lose much by coming so close but getting caught after a freak spot.

SD Women’s Title – Asuka (c) vs Becky Lynch

Becky wins clean after a great match.

Universal Title – Brock Lesnar (c) vs Finn Balor

Brock retains in a match that puts Balor over as a legit threat. Brock is good against the 'worker' types such as AJ, Bryan, Finn etc...he really steps his game up to help make his opponent look good and does so here again but eventually proves too much for Balor.

RAW Women’s Title – Ronda Rousey (c) vs Sasha Banks

Like the match above really. Rousey wins after another good match in that Sasha gets to look good before she loses clean and moves onto the tag titles with Bayley.

Men’s Royal Rumble

So what I would have happen here is R-Truth to either get attacked backstage so he can't make the 30 spot or he just forfeits his spot somehow after trying to enter the Women's Rumble earlier in the night (he's so gosh darn kooky) and then when it gets to the 30 spot the Demon Finn Balor comes out to win the match. From here you can either have the Demon go after Brock again or jump to Smackdown and challenge Bryan given after he beats AJ again I don't really know what other faces you could have face Bryan at 'Mania...Cena maybe? I dunno. In my perfect ending Demon Balor wins and jumps to Smackdown.

In the match itself I'd have Rey and Andrade open the match. Rollins to be the iron-man. Pete Dunne and Velveteen Dream to appear. The final four to be Balor, Rollins, Drew and Strowman.

Then my Wrestlemania card shapes up like this:
Ronda (c) vs Charlotte vs Becky (c)...basically with this one it's a history making match regardless because it's main eventing but given the magnitude I totally see them wanting both their champs involved even though only Ronda's is on the line
Brock (c) vs Rollins vs McIntyre vs Braun
Bryan (c) vs Balor
Alexa Bliss/Nia Jax (c) vs Asuka/Naomi
Sasha Banks vs Bayley
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
Batista vs HHH (lol)
Almas vs Rey US TITLE MAKE IT GR8 AGAIN LADS
Intercontinental Fuckery Ladder War with all the average boring mid-cards like Ambrose, Corbin, Lashley etc
Tag Team Fuckery
Cruiserweight Fuckery

lets review my card after the show haha

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jan 27, '19, 4:01 pm

I've no interest in a lot of these matches, and actively hate some of them (Miz & Shane sounds like a deliberate attempt at creating the most unappealing tag team of all time).

I have heard people throw around the idea of Brock beating regular wrestling gear Finn Balor at the start of the night before Balor appears as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble main event in full Demon paint and going on to win the match, and I have to say I love that idea. Even as someone who isn't a massive fan of Balor, that would be a great moment and a brilliant way to get someone over from a standing start.

Becky vs Asuka feels like it needs to end due to interference from Ronda again. They should probably set this up with a Becky/Ronda interaction backstage to give a face Rousey a reason to interfere with Becky's match. Then Becky should enter the Royal Rumble later and win the match.

It's a bad sign that for both Royal Rumbles, I'm advocating for a winner that isn't even advertised as being in the match. Becky is the obvious choice for the women's Rumble though, as it's too obvious that Charlotte will win it if Becky doesn't get involved. And Balor winning would just be a nice way to shake up a division that desperately needs it. Seth winning would be underwhelming at this point, and Braun winning would be flat out disappointing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 28, '19, 1:40 pm

Pretty good event overall. Everything was booked sensibly for the most part. Shane and Miz winning was dumb but we all knew it was going to happen and will probably lead to them facing each other at WM.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE