It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 4:12 am

Favorite WWF figures that you had as a kid?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Favorite WWF figures that you had as a kid?

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 15, '19, 4:48 pm

From the old big rubber LJNs from the 80s, to the statuesque small but very colorful plastic Hasbros from the early 90s, to the Jakk's Pacific Bone crunching action figures and the later hard plastic larger ones that were also made by Jakk's. What were your favorites and share some memories of good times with them if you have any.

I'll put in my two cents after a couple of responses :tim

Also, if you can remember, what were the first ones that you acquired?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Favorite WWF figures that you had as a kid?

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 17, '19, 5:58 pm

No bites so far, so I'll ask a follow up question. If you didn't play with wrestling figures as a kid, why not? Also, if age was a factor, what time in your life did all you guys and gals get into wrestling? I know we probably went over this years ago but refresh my memory.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jan 17, '19, 7:13 pm

I had a bunch of wrestling action figures as a kid from the late 80's early 90's just don't really remember many outstanding specifics. The wrestling related toy I remember most from my youth would be a Macho Man and an Ultimate Warrior wrestling buddy pillows that I used to throw around and have matches with.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 18, '19, 11:32 am

The Legend wrote:I had a bunch of wrestling action figures as a kid from the late 80's early 90's just don't really remember many outstanding specifics. The wrestling related toy I remember most from my youth would be a Macho Man and an Ultimate Warrior wrestling buddy pillows that I used to throw around and have matches with.

Hell yeah! I still have my Ultimate Warrior and Ted DiBiase wrestling buddies. I would be lying if I said that I didn't still wrestle them from time to time.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jan 19, '19, 11:31 am

I had a bunch of wrestling figures that my brothers and I got from somewhere. My older brother's kids play with them these days. They're knock offs though - they obviously weren't licenced by WWE. The figures were all replicas of classic 80s wrestlers like Savage, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Hogan, etc.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 19, '19, 7:23 pm

Hanley! wrote:I had a bunch of wrestling figures that my brothers and I got from somewhere. My older brother's kids play with them these days. They're knock offs though - they obviously weren't licenced by WWE. The figures were all replicas of classic 80s wrestlers like Savage, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Hogan, etc.

Oh man, old school knockoffs? I want to see them so bad.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jan 19, '19, 7:32 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I had a bunch of wrestling figures that my brothers and I got from somewhere. My older brother's kids play with them these days. They're knock offs though - they obviously weren't licenced by WWE. The figures were all replicas of classic 80s wrestlers like Savage, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Hogan, etc.

Oh man, old school knockoffs? I want to see them so bad.

I co-sign this post. Pictures of these would be so cool.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 21, '19, 12:06 pm

These were my firsts:

LJN: George Steele, Hulk Hogan, Brutus Beefcake and Hillbilly Jim were the only ones that I owned for a large portion of my childhood. Steele I had for as long as I can remember and was likely a hand-me-down from my brother or uncle. In the mid 90s when Jakk's came out with the "bone crunching action" set which is my favorite wrestling figure line, I used to pretend that the Steele figure was a giant monster. I can't remember the pretend name that I gave to him, but he won most Rumbles. Today, I have a few dozen LJN rubber figures. King Kong Bundy is my favorite one, you could kill somebody with that thing. He's denser and heavier than even the Andre figure.

Hasbro: I have a decent collection of these as well nowadays. As a youngster, the only ones I had were the Bushwhackers, Tito Santana (in matador gear), Crush and Hogan. My favorite one that I own is Dusty, which is also the most valuable one that is in my collection. Somebody stole my Undertaker and Kamala years ago. I still haven't found out who did it and never will.

Jakk's Bone Crunching: I was obsessed with these and still am. I own almost all of them in at least some form but am missing some repaints and a few earlier releases that are hard to snag these days. I still remember my mom bringing me to Toys 'R Us to buy my first batch as a birthday present. In one fell swoop I got Austin, Undertaker (with the purple tie and gloves), Bret Hart, Savio Vega, Crush, Shamrock and Sycho Sid. A few weeks later I got HBK, HHH, Bulldog, Rocky Maivia, Godust and Mankind. I still have every one of them.

The later Jakk's line ( the taller, completely plastic ones): I have a bunch of these but I was getting older and they're not quite as nostalgic for me. I can't remember the first ones that I got, but it was a pretty good bunch of them one Christmas. I also received the Titan-Tron play set that year. The one that had voice activation when you would place the figures right outside of Gorilla. I don't have that anymore, nor do I have my Jakk's Monster Ring from the earlier "bone crunching" series.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 28, '19, 1:55 pm

Anybody remember those weird, super jacked figures that you would pump water into and they would sweat? Awful figures, but a goofy gimmick that I wouldn't mind revisiting.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE