It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:38 am

CM Punk v Colt Cabana..

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

CM Punk v Colt Cabana..

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 14, '18, 6:46 am

in court

It seems the fall-out from the Punk/Cabana v WWE lawsuit has taken the friendship between the two men.

Cabana's taking Punk to court - all stems from that quite informative and enjoyable Cabana podcast interview with Punk after the latter left WWE

There might be incidents that no-one is aware of but can sympathise with both men: on the one hand, you'd want to cover a best friend who has been caught up in a situation not of their doing, and also expect that when you best bud says he'll cover you, that he does.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: CM Punk v Colt Cabana..

Postby PorkChop » Aug 14, '18, 6:57 am

This is quite sad. CM Punk sounds like a real dick.

I hope Colt manages to win the case.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 14, '18, 10:35 pm

I'm interested in hearing Punk's side of the story on this one. It seems like his big cult of personality fanbase that used to hang on his every word and action has been gradually diminishing over the years.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 17, '18, 12:33 pm

I'm still a fan of his wrestling work but Punk is a total prick. To do this to Cabana of all people is disappointing.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Aug 17, '18, 12:48 pm

Sounds like Punk being a prick, but hard to know without hearing the whole story. It's sad, because even though Dr Amann's case was bullshit and he lost the lawsuit, he's still financially crippled Cabana and broke up a long friendship. Sure Punk allowed it to happen, and he shouldn't be allowed off the hook for that. But it's sad to see WWE get a sort of ugly moral victory out of this nonetheless.

Punk was a decent wrestler, and a fantastic character and promo, but it's hard to give a shit about him these days. I supported his reasons for leaving the WWE, and given I'm not a WWE fan I have no interest in him returning to the company even if he was willing. He's both crap at MMA and I have no interest in the sport to begin with. He apparently has no interest in wrestling elsewhere. And he comes off like a bit of a prick.

Basically I just want him to go away now. I get bored of wrestling sites taking every opportunity to cover him and create headlines about him, when it seems like he's never going to actually entertain me again. He feels irrelevant now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 22, '20, 10:22 am

I came across this podcast from Cabana where he talks through the trial and it must have been a stressful period.

I can't remember what the outcome was of Cabana v Punk in court, and neither have I come across any comment on the state of their friendship.

I still find myself listening to the original podcasts of Punk with Cabana - always a gripping listen.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to WWE