It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 12:54 am

CM Punk wins defamation lawsuit filed by WWE doctor

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

CM Punk wins defamation lawsuit filed by WWE doctor

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 06, '18, 9:29 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/6461051/ ... e-verdict/

the sun wrote:After a three-year legal battle, the former world champion broke down in tears after the verdict was announced in Chicago.

CM Punk has won his legal battle against a WWE doctor. Punk, real name Phil Brooks, and pro wrestler Colt Cabana, real name Scott Colton, were accused of defaming Amann during a podcast. Punk, 39, complained over the lack of medical care he received while employed by WWE on Cabana’s “The Art of Wrestling” after he left the company in 2014.

It was WWE physician Amann who filed the lawsuit as he seeked damages of $1 for every listener to the podcast. But after a two-and-a-half hour deliberation, a jury at the Cook County courthouse ruled in favour of the ex-grapplers. Punk and his partner AJ Lee burst into tears after the verdict was read out.

Punk has his second UFC fight on Saturday as he looks to avenge his September 2016 defeat to Mickey Gall.

Good for him.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: CM Punk wins defamation lawsuit filed by WWE doctor

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 08, '18, 7:03 am

On the off chance one day at work, I thought I'd re-listen to episode one of the Cabana-Punk podcast and I'd gotten half-way through thinking I'll have a listen the next day. By which time it had disappeared, only showing part 2 then I realised it was due to this court case.

Second the thoughts of the OP - good on Punk and Cabana that they were able to have a decisive victory against what I can only imagine was driven by the WWE through their doctor who as far as I recall, Punk didn't specifically name him. It seems Punk had to re-give testimony in court which helped to get the decision as well.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Return to WWE