It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:48 am

From the currrent Raw roster, who should be the one to take the chamionship from Brock?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

From the currrent Raw roster, who should be the one to take the chamionship from Brock?

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 01, '18, 11:08 am

...and when?

I would say that the only options right now on Raw would be Balor or Rollins. I'd prefer it to happen at SummerSlam but I'd put my money on Mania next year.

If we count SD guys, then Bryan, Nakamura, Joe or Styles would work but I doubt we get any sort of draft or shake up before Lesnar's grueling reign finally comes to an end. There is a possibility with the dual branded PPVs, but for the sake of the topic, let's stick with Raw talent.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: From the currrent Raw roster, who should be the one to take the chamionship from Brock?

Postby DBSoT » Jun 01, '18, 11:54 am

It should be Rollins or Braun around Summerslam. They are consistently the best parts of Raw. Rollins is on another level right now with his match quality and IC title reign. He is the best baby face on the Raw roster. Braun has the size and believably to beat Brock and has the charisma to make for an entertaining title reign. Balor shouldn't beat Brock unless he is going to go full demon and wrestle Brock like Styles did. Roman is just damaged goods at this point.

With that said, I don't think Brock will lose until the 2019 Royal Rumble. I see him losing to Roman and It setting up Reigns/Lesnar III at WM with Brock being the challenger this time. Brock will lose at WM and then retire.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Re: From the currrent Raw roster, who should be the one to take the chamionship from Brock?

Postby The Legend » Jun 01, '18, 12:02 pm

On RAW:

1. Braun Strowman – Say what you will about how often they faced each other last year, but dude is still over as fuck. Watching that opening segment with Balor last week was awesome and it would have been even cooler if they were feuding over the world title. If you wait until SummerSlam you could also build a good story about Braun becoming even more dominant, learning from his mistakes against Brock in the first go rounds and knocking Lesnar off this time around.
2. Bobby Roode – Stick with me on this, most of Brock’s reign of terrifying boredom has involved him a muscle-bound freak fighting other muscle-bound freaks that try to out Brock, Lesnar. Roode is a guy that more of a pro wrestling technician. If you get him in a wrestling match with Lesnar and Brock plays along and allows a story of Roode outwrestling him it would be very compelling.
3. Balor – Similar to Roode, you have a guy that has a contrasting style to Lesnar, Balor could move quicker and execute a striking contest with Lesnar that would work. I’m less of a fan of Balor doing it just because the size difference is so big that it’s harder to suspend disbelief, but if Balor did the whole Demon King thing and there was just enough of a touch of a sorta supernatural type of whatever he does it could work.

On SD:

1. A.J. Styles – This would work really well if they were to unify the titles, something they should do now that there are no single-brand PPV’s.
2. Cien Almas – The old prize fighter going up against the new hot prize fighter with a new better promoter than the old prize fighter. It would work if you told it as a shocking victory story, but then backed it up by having him continuously prove his worth.
3. Samoa Joe – The one guy in WWE that can just straight up out badass fighter Brock Lesnar.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jun 02, '18, 6:39 pm

Who?
Rollins.

When?
As soon as possible.

Only one person benefits from Lesnar as champion at this point, and it's Lesnar himself. As champion, his absence is making the show worse. And frankly it doesn't improve all that much when he shows up. He's worn out his welcome as a character and if I never saw him in the ring again, it wouldn't upset me.

Leaving the title on him serves no purpose. The latest he should be losing the belt is Summerslam, keeping it past that would be beyond ridiculous. But if they could have him lose it earlier than that, on Raw, even better. There's no reason to wait. With their current model, they can't even use a Lesnar title defense to boost a buy rate, but they could use it to pop a rating. And a 400+ day title reign ending on Raw would help to reinvigorate the show.

There are only two faces on Raw who are over enough to win the title from Lesnar right now. One is Strowman, and one is Rollins. Of the two, Rollins is the right choice for a number of reasons. First of all, he's more over right now. Since the start of the year, Rollins has heated up while Strowman has cooled down a little. Secondly, Strowman has already challenged Lesnar a couple of times this past year. And finally, given how long Lesnar's reign has been, the next champion should be someone completely different. Someone who's going to have different kinds of title matches. Strowman isn't that guy.

If you wanted to unify the world titles (which I would be in favour of, but holy fuck that would officially cement the Universal championship as the worst world title in wrestling history) then Styles would be a perfect candidate to take the belt from Brock also. But I don't think they're going to merge the belts this soon. So Rollins should be the guy.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 03, '18, 10:14 am

I believe that it's been confirmed that Lesnar won't wrestle again until SummerSlam, which is ridiculous.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 03, '18, 2:27 pm

VaderBomb wrote:I believe that it's been confirmed that Lesnar won't wrestle again until SummerSlam, which is ridiculous.

And when he does, he will face THE BIG DOG(tm) Roman Reigns(tm), who has consistently been screwed over and disrespected by management and not received opportunities to win the Universal Championship(tm).

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE