It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 7:19 am

Nia Jax will defend her women's title against Ronda Rousey

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Nia Jax will defend her women's title against Ronda Rousey

Postby KaiserGlider » May 14, '18, 7:58 pm

Nia Jax challenged Ronda Rousey in a kind of awkward "segment" and Ronda accepted, so it's Nia vs Ronda for the Raw women's title at Money in the Bank in a few weeks.

You guys can take it from here...

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Nia Jax will defend her women's title against Ronda Rousey

Postby Messiah » May 15, '18, 12:01 pm

What Raw needs is another part-time champion, so I support this.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » May 15, '18, 12:51 pm

All of those fans who said that Ronda Rousey was the best female performer in the company after one heavily-rehearsed tag team match that also featured two 20-year veterans ... lets see what they say after her first singles match, now that it's against Nia bloody Jax. Sounds awful.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » May 15, '18, 9:39 pm

This seems like something happening WAY too soon against the absolute wrong opponent. Talk about setting her up for failure. Build to the title win for god's sake. Give people a reason to give a shit.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » May 16, '18, 12:58 am

Everlong wrote:This seems like something happening WAY too soon against the absolute wrong opponent. Talk about setting her up for failure. Build to the title win for god's sake. Give people a reason to give a shit.

At best, I think this will be an absolute stinker. At worst, one of the competitors may legitimately die.

I haven't feared for the wellbeing of a wrestler since Laycool, when they faced Beth Phoenix and Natalya in a tables match. It's a miracle they finished the match in one piece.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 16, '18, 3:24 am

That's an abysmal segment and both don't come out of it well.

It's no surprise Rousey is timid and reluctant to just say, hell yes, I'll face you and beat you but rather tries to shy away from it reasoning her lack of experience. So yeah, fully expect Rousey to win and as said above, she did very well in the WM match which would have had extensive planning, a different thing being in with this opponent though.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » May 16, '18, 5:10 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:That's an abysmal segment and both don't come out of it well.

It's no surprise Rousey is timid and reluctant to just say, hell yes, I'll face you and beat you but rather tries to shy away from it reasoning her lack of experience. So yeah, fully expect Rousey to win and as said above, she did very well in the WM match which would have had extensive planning, a different thing being in with this opponent though.

The one thing I'll say is they still have a month left to plan and they've probably been planning this before the announcement. That being said, Nia isn't the right opponent for her at all, I mean in UFC Rousey has only ever faced opponents of her size, why is her first singles match against somebody twice her size that can't move in the ring?

But beyond that, it's rushing things and telling a bad story along the way. I mean they are doing it on SD too. On RAW, Rousey's first opponent is a title match? Really? What about the climb and the struggle to get there? On SD, I would have had Asuka win the belt and keep her streak at Mania, but since she didn't, she should have to work her way back up and into the title picture, a story of redemption and finding a different way to do things. Now, it's just a couple months later and she's going to crush Carmella - at least she better.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » May 16, '18, 3:05 pm

The Legend wrote:The one thing I'll say is they still have a month left to plan and they've probably been planning this before the announcement.

I don't think they have been planning this. It sounded like they were setting up a match with Mickie James. Possibly a tag match with Ronda & Nattie against Mickie & Alexa. And they're obviously setting up some kind of feud with Nattie for somewhere down the line. I figured that they were maybe planning a title match for Summerslam.

There's a rumour that the reason they're doing the match now is just because they want Ronda on the card, but don't want her in the ladder match (which would be a horrible spot for her right now, to be fair). So the only spot for her was a title match. Particularly as they wouldn't have wanted her to lose a qualifying match on television, and there would be no logical kayfabe reason to not put her in one.

Have I mentioned lately how much Money in the Bank needs to die as a concept?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE