It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 2:40 am

Wrestlemania run times

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Wrestlemania run times

Postby Everlong » Apr 16, '18, 2:23 pm

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Wrestlemania run times

Postby Hanley! » Apr 16, '18, 2:29 pm

Das Boot! :lol

I actually remember a debate over whether Wrestlemania 20 was too long. I didn't have a huge problem with it at the time, because it was quite a stacked show, but I wonder if I'd still think the same if I watched it back now. I definitely don't think it should become the norm. There was a lot of stuff on this year's Wrestlemania which really didn't need to be there. Removing some of those matches and segments would not only have shortened the show, but also improved the quality.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 16, '18, 7:23 pm

Hanley! wrote:I actually remember a debate over whether Wrestlemania 20 was too long. I didn't have a huge problem with it at the time, because it was quite a stacked show, but I wonder if I'd still think the same if I watched it back now. I definitely don't think it should become the norm.

I think Wrestlemania XX could have been an hour shorter. People now remember the big moments, but both 4-team tag matches from both brands, the cruiserweight invitational, the evening gown match, and a segment where Jesse Ventura interviewed Donald Trump about running for president (yes) are forgotten and could easily have been cut. And Goldberg vs Lesnar definitely should have been shorter if both guys weren't gonna do anything anyway. I'm glad that was the only 5-hour Wrestlemania of that decade and they didn't try it again the following year.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Apr 17, '18, 4:42 am

Yeah, I had forgotten almost all of that. I remembered the cruiserweight match, but nothing else. An evening gown match doesn't belong on any card, let alone Wrestlemania. And how the hell do I not remember that Ventura interview?

I think four hours is the sweet spot, and that's without a two hour pre-show. A one hour pre-show is fine, but don't put pre-promoted matches on there. Or if you do,make it clear what matches will be on there ahead of time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE