It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 8:59 am

Dat women's championship booking...

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Dat women's championship booking...

Postby Everlong » Apr 08, '18, 5:57 pm

WHAT THE FUCK HAHAHAHAHAH

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Dat women's championship booking...

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 09, '18, 10:24 pm

What I didn't like was that Asuka had to tap out to that shitty Figure-4 Leglock.

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Apr 09, '18, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Messiah » Apr 09, '18, 10:27 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:What I didn't like was that Asuka had to tap out to that fucking Figure-4 Leglock.

After not having her leg targeted all match.

You know, I think my issue is less to do with Charlotte ending the streak and more to do with how they ended it. It was a very good match, great even, but the finish was flat and anti-climatic with not much of a build-up to it. Charlotte just randomly put in her finisher and Asuka tapped damn near immediately. Are we to believe the dominant Asuka, who has survived much worse things than that, would tap out that fast? Just bad booking.

It's crazy the difference is between how WWE structures matches and NXT structures matches. Much better psychology in NXT.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 12, '18, 11:53 am

Carmella cashed in on Charlotte to win the women's title on Smackdown. I'll just leave that here.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Apr 12, '18, 12:39 pm

I wouldn't have even minded that Charlotte ended the streak, if the match had been hyped to fuck as one of the biggest matches of the weekend. Instead it had no build and no momentum and Asuka just lost. The end of the streak should have ended on an awesome climax, whether it was at Wrestlemania 35 or Wrestlemania 34. But this was an anti-climax, despite the match itself being awesome.

Without a good story, and without focus being put on her character, losing the streak is almost enough to take away what was special about Asuka. She had already been beaten down on Raw a number of times, taking away her invincible aura. Now she doesn't have the undefeated streak. She's being used to get over wrestlers far less talented and far less entertaining than herself - I'm not referring to Charlotte there, but they have been using her as a tool in the Bliss vs Jax feud for the last month.

Now Charlotte doesn't even get the rub from beating Asuka, because she's no longer the champion. This hasn't turned Charlotte into a bigger deal. Carmella cashing in makes it crystal clear that there was no great reason for having Asuka lose at Wrestlemania. She just lost because it was a surprise, or because she's Japanese, or because Vince prefers Charlotte. Or quite possibly, because Vince feels too restricted booking around an undefeated streak and needs to go back to his crutch of making everyone trade wins.

On a separate note, I fully believe this to be the best period for women's wrestling in WWE history. The roster is better than it has ever been. With that being said, how the hell are Nia Jax and Carmella our champions?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » May 06, '18, 8:52 pm

Carmella just beat Charlotte clean. A month after Charlotte ended Asuka's streak clean.

What was the point?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » May 06, '18, 9:43 pm

That's another thing that sucks about women's booking in WWE: they never get the creative finishes. Everyone wins clean, both heels and faces. I happen to think that sometimes heels should win clean, but it happens all the time in the women's division and barely ever in the men's division.

Charlotte is the top face of the division on Smackdown, yet they made no effort to protect her in defeat. We wouldn't see that with the top face of the men's division. Carmella is basically the Miz of the women's division. If Miz was to defeat someone like Bryan or Styles or Roman, there's no way that he'd do it clean.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE